Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:04 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123tinad View Post
Do you think McDonald's has high standards?
Not anymore it doesn't. And actually not for quite a few years now.
Almost all of them are Franchises and the company itself has little to do with the way they are run.
YES, you definitely could have gotten sick from them.
Honestly I know this is kinda sick of me but I love McDonald's and when ever I eat there I take a few garlic pills and if your not sure take a couple more after.
it will prevent it from happening.
you can also take cayenne too.

This is complete horse-hockey...false information. McDonald's still maintains very high standards and the company has everything to so with how they are run. I stay in touch with corporate on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 01:18 AM

65 posts, read 82,141 times
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

This is complete horse-hockey...false information. McDonald's still maintains very high standards and the company has everything to so with how they are run. I stay in touch with corporate on a regular basis.
Believe what you want.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:20 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
I believe food poisoning doesn't hit within 2 hours usually. This might be from an earlier meal, or maybe something entirely different like norovirus.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I believe food poisoning doesn't hit within 2 hours usually. This might be from an earlier meal, or maybe something entirely different like norovirus.
I was just about to say the same thing. As for all those who are telling us how sick they have gotten form eating at Micky D;s. remember how many food items they serve in a 24 hour period, no more people get sick from eating there, then any restaurant. We can pick up something from anywhere, just like bed bugs, they do not come from dirty places necessarily.

It sounds to me more like noro virus, picked up a day or so earlier withouth the ops knowledge. This happened to us once. We had been off a cruise for about a day, we thought we may have gotten bad food at a Mexican restaurant we ate at on the way home. When we started putting everything together we realized what we had. It wasn't fun but we survived and didn't blame anyone or anyplace. Germs are everywhere.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:17 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,243 times
my body immediately knows when something isnt right

basically if i injest something bad it will come back out in minutes, not hours

i remember i had a chicken sandwich from bk like 15 yrs ago and i was eating it and after a few bites i said "oh oh.. something aint right" long story short.. my body spit it back out

if i thought about "food poisoning" i would have saved the evidence and was sue-happy i wouldve tried to make a comeup against bk... instead i just never ate there for a long time

same thing happened with a sandwich a coworker made me

Old 11-22-2014, 05:43 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
As of now, what are your symptoms? If you're lying in bed, vomiting every hour or so, with fever and 'flu' symptoms, see a doctor. After you get better you should really see staff there and report it.

If you're not experiencing the above symptoms then maybe it was just spoiled food that gave you diarrhea and dizziness. Because if it was a bad case of food poisoning you would've gotten it like 15-30 minutes after you ate the infected meal.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:03 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,535,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
my body immediately knows when something isnt right

basically if i injest something bad it will come back out in minutes, not hours

i remember i had a chicken sandwich from bk like 15 yrs ago and i was eating it and after a few bites i said "oh oh.. something aint right" long story short.. my body spit it back out

if i thought about "food poisoning" i would have saved the evidence and was sue-happy i wouldve tried to make a comeup against bk... instead i just never ate there for a long time

same thing happened with a sandwich a coworker made me
That all depends on where it exits! If you throw up, that's almost instantaneous but possibly with a short delay, but if its coming out the other end, that takes time. Digestion doesn't happen as soon as you eat something, it takes hours if not days to get fully processed. And that is for someone with a normal digestion system. My husband has had Crohn's disease for over 30 years. He had to have 2 feet of his plumbing removed and thereby his digestion period is faster than someone who is in tact in that area.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:16 PM

84 posts, read 100,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Can this really be? Wouldn't McDonalds have exceptional health practices?
...Am thinking I should have reported this to someone, but who would believe me? McDonald's?? Come on.....
You're joking, right?

Old 11-22-2014, 12:28 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
my dad ate sausages at a barbecue on a vacation in Calif. within 15 minutes he was throwing up. he was taken to the ER and eventually released. i don't remember if they treated him or not. probably salmonella from partially uncooked sausage

my brother his wife and son were in Fla, they were in the hotel pool and then they ate at KFC. within an hour they were both throwing up and the kid got sick when they all got home. it could have been the cole slaw or the pool water, i don't know if the cooked fried chicken would have done it

my brother had dinner at a restaurant and he threw up about 15 times overnight. he mentioned having chicken as an entree and rice pudding for dessert. my brother thought it was the rice pudding that did it

Old 11-22-2014, 03:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,067,332 times
I am still lying down (on the couch, not bed). The diarrhea stopped after the first day, but I felt so much better on the second day that I actually ate pizza. Bad bad decision. Today I vomited and have stomach pain, awful headache and only water and juice. My daughter wants me to see a doctor, cause I am old. I would just rather wait it out and see how this goes. Just trying to keep hydrated.

I hear food poisoning has an "incubation" period, anywhere from 1 hour to a few days, depending on the "bug". I still am quite sure this was McDonald's fault, and now that I think of it, the french fries did not taste done. Cannot find anyplace in AZ to report this; guess they have so many people with food poisoning, they really don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness