Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,254 times

Advertisements

Hi! A friend of ours has become a distributor for Nikken products and is singing the praises of the product. I am generally very suspicious of any MLM companies and their seemingly overpriced products. They seem to make a lot of vague claims regarding health benefits etc. These products might be good, but are VERY pricey, IMO. Just wondering if anyone has used any of the products and what you think of them....

Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
MLM products are pricey so that the distributor can make a good profit.

You can easily become a distributor yourself, and buy the products at distributor prices. Your friend will gladly sign you up because he/she will make a commission on everything that you sell to your friends at high prices.

Only those on the top make any money in these pyramid schemes, and it generally is not a good way to purchase products. Been there, done that.

What is "Nikken" anyway?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Nikken sells an assortment of stuff, from "sleep systems" for several thousands of $$$, to shoe insoles, vitamin drinks, magnetic bracelets etc.

Their prices do seem really high... are all the MLM companies that way? Guess there has to be enough profit to go down that line, LOL....

Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM

16 posts, read 111,830 times
I don't know much about them, but they have been around for years, I just remember being approached back 5 or 7 years ago about them and hearing about the magnetic bracelets and saying, "No Thanks".

Then recently, I heard some more about them when a friend was lamenting that they had taken over sales of the product Barleygreen from its inventor, she was sure that Nikken would raise the price or change it. Doesn't affect me, I don't use the product, but apparently it used to be popular.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,025 times
I've always made small amounts of money with my MLM endeavours, but never hit it big. To do that you gotta love SELLING, not matter what they call it ( usually sharing ). Other than prices being too high, I personally have nothing else against MLM. It's a good business model, and MLM companies are often the first to bring a product to market. If the product catches on, it is soon duplicated by a traditional business at more reasonable prices.

I tried some Nikken products about 10 years ago. My opinion was that they were OK at best, but certainly not worth the high prices being charged. But that's just my opinion. I'm basically looking for a great value in everything I buy. Rarely am I willing to pay top dollar for anything. Your distributor friend would probably give you a loaner so you could try one or more of the product for yourself. You might really love the products. Only by trying the products will you ever know for sure! But don't sign-up for anything ( especially if there is a fee ) until you've convinced yourself that you LOVE the products.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
I've always made small amounts of money with my MLM endeavours, but never hit it big. To do that you gotta love SELLING, not matter what they call it ( usually sharing ). Other than prices being too high, I personally have nothing else against MLM. It's a good business model, and MLM companies are often the first to bring a product to market. If the product catches on, it is soon duplicated by a traditional business at more reasonable prices.

I tried some Nikken products about 10 years ago. My opinion was that they were OK at best, but certainly not worth the high prices being charged. But that's just my opinion. I'm basically looking for a great value in everything I buy. Rarely am I willing to pay top dollar for anything. Your distributor friend would probably give you a loaner so you could try one or more of the product for yourself. You might really love the products. Only by trying the products will you ever know for sure! But don't sign-up for anything ( especially if there is a fee ) until you've convinced yourself that you LOVE the products.

I appreciate everyones input!

Our friend had talked to us about ordering a blanket for our new king size bed. But this blanket was to cost $600 and after looking into this blanket we decided not to order (for several reasons), but I will get a $200 organic cotton blanket instead...

Their water filter system looked interesting, but I can probably find something just as good cheaper elsewhere.

I am most surely not a sales person and will not get involved as a distributor, I don't ever want to be in the position of trying to get friends and family to buy items from me that are most likely overpriced and that they don't need or want!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,025 times
Freedom3 wrote:
As for MLM's being high priced, they very often have products that are very high quality, that you will not find anywhere else, products that are well researched, and the ones I know of are made without child labor. Also, they do not need to pay out in advertising, warehousing, and shipping, like traditional companies. That money goes back to the distributors, who are doing the advertising. I am happy to have my friends and family share a great product with me, and will gladly support their businesses, if possible.

THe MAIN reason the MLM products are just about always priced higher than a comparable product distributed via traditional means is BEACUSE
That money goes back to the distributors...but not to the ones doing the advertising....it goes to the ones who build B-I-G downlines by promoting the business rather than the product.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 PM

3 posts, read 12,494 times
Hi , i realize this thread is very,very old. I would like to ask freedom3 where she purchased her Nikken products,or rather from whom. Moderator cut: too new to make specific recs

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-20-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM

263 posts, read 744,962 times
Default any experience with "nikken" products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Hi! A friend of ours has become a distributor for Nikken products and is singing the praises of the product. I am generally very suspicious of any MLM companies and their seemingly overpriced products. They seem to make a lot of vague claims regarding health benefits etc. These products might be good, but are VERY pricey, IMO. Just wondering if anyone has used any of the products and what you think of them....
i have had all of my nikken products for around 20 years, and was snooping around today to see if anyone still sells them, or if they are even still in business. i have the king quilt and i still love it after 20 years. i use the back roller thing regularly, and i have one of those knee wrap things on right now because i fell and banged up my knee.
i never sold the products because all my time goes into my own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.