Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like illegal Drugs?
I like them very much 13 18.57%
I like them some times 12 17.14%
I like them but Im afraid to use them 1 1.43%
I have never Tried them 29 41.43%
I dont like them but want to try them in the future 0 0%
I tried them and did not like them 8 11.43%
I tried them and hate them 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:07 PM

923 posts, read 1,429,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
I've never seen someone who uses them and actually is doing something with their lives.
Here you go, now you know a few who did something with their lives.

Frank Discussion: Who's Who - Celebrity Tokers

Famous Pot Smokers -- A Grupthink Topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 05:19 PM

923 posts, read 1,429,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTS Mom View Post
I think his analogy of milk/beer/bourbon was nothing more than a smarta$$ comment. Most of us don't think of alcohol when we're talking "drugs" although I do admit alcohol is probably the #1 drug.

And say marijuana was legalized...at what age would it be legal? 18? 21? Yet it would still be used by the younger set and it would still constitute illegal drug abuse.
Say it's legal for those 21 and over. Regulated and sold as alcohol is. You don't think that's a better idea then dealers who sell to anyone, any age?

GATEWAY THEORY

Old 06-13-2009, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,526 times
Oh, it's not the illegal drugs that turn people into criminals; it's the "legal" drugs. Get your facts straight REDWHITEBLUE. Prescription drugs are THE most widely abused drugs on the planet. I don't know anyone who smokes pot or does shrooms and is engaged in criminal activity other than, of course, doing these "illegal" things. Alcohol was illegal once too ya know...
Oh and FYI when the oxycontin, Percocet, and Lortab (oh those wonderful opiates that are so HIGHLY addictive but legal when prescribed) weren't touching the pain in my broken body (16 fractures from an auto vs. bike wreck may 11, 2009) unless I ate them by the handful I decided to smoke weed. Now, I've only smoked weed a handful of times in my life, but I am SO thankful for it, and the government should legalize it. It is the ONLY thing that keeps me pain free for a few hours so that I can sleep.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,701,603 times
Some so called "drugs" have no busness being illegal. Marijuana should be legal for ANY purpose. The only time I feel drugs should be illegal is when driving because the liklehood of hurting someone else is greatly increased. With that being said the most dangerous drug (real drug) of all and the one that kills more innocent ppl then any other is legal.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Some so called "drugs" have no busness being illegal. Marijuana should be legal for ANY purpose. The only time I feel drugs should be illegal is when driving because the liklehood of hurting someone else is greatly increased. With that being said the most dangerous drug (real drug) of all and the one that kills more innocent ppl then any other is legal.
So I guess, cocaine, crack, ecstasy is complete safe. right?
Oh and about 45% of cocaine users have cardiac hypertrophy.
I see this is really a safe drug.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
So I guess, cocaine, crack, ecstasy is complete safe. right?
Oh and about 45% of cocaine users have cardiac hypertrophy.
I see this is really a safe drug.

lol...I never said they were safe or would ever encourage ppl to use them. If ppl want to use them though thats fine since its not hurting me.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
lol...I never said they were safe or would ever encourage ppl to use them. If ppl want to use them though thats fine since its not hurting me.
But I think the problem is when people don't have money to pay for it, and then they do hurt you by increase crime in your area.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
But I think the problem is when people don't have money to pay for it, and then they do hurt you by increase crime in your area.
The bigger problem is they are illegal. This keeps everything underground and all dealing is done with very dangerous ppl. Overcrowded prisons are another huge issue. Legalizing drugs could solve a lot more problems then it would create. The common misconception is that legalizing them will create more addicts. The reality is an addict is an addict no matter it be alcohol, crack, precription drugs or paint thinner.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
The bigger problem is they are illegal. This keeps everything underground and all dealing is done with very dangerous ppl. Overcrowded prisons are another huge issue. Legalizing drugs could solve a lot more problems then it would create. The common misconception is that legalizing them will create more addicts. The reality is an addict is an addict no matter it be alcohol, crack, precription drugs or paint thinner.
Well maybe is true about the "misconception" I mean, more people drink alcohol compared to crack, and more people smoke compared to illegal drug users, and the only difference is the legal issue, they are both legal.
Also cocaine, crack, meth, and all other strong drugs destroys peoples life.
Just do a Google search for "meth" and see the pictures of before and after meth.

MetaSurfing: Faces of Meth

Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidi View Post
Do you like illegal drugs?
No, I do not care for them neither for legal ones like I do not drink and I do not smoke unless I take them for medicinal purposes.

However, I think it is not right to ban those drugs for people that would like to use them just as others may drink or smoke.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness