Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 01:30 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Rude. Just rude.

Also, excuuuuuuse me for my gynecologist informing me of the only two to truly be concerned about. I have the type that leads to abnormal pap smears, in the way of cancer and NOT warts, so I think she's gotten me pretty well versed on hpv that leads to warts and the hpv leading to cancer risks. I think I'll listen to her and the extensive research I've done on my own and with nurse friends.

I hope whatever is making you so rude gets better.
Read the link. There are more than two HPV strains to be concerned about from the point of view of cancer, and you do not get HPV from "air".

I suspect you misunderstood your doctor, because I cannot imagine a gynecologist telling anyone what you wrote in your first post, which is full of misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 12:23 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Read the link. There are more than two HPV strains to be concerned about from the point of view of cancer, and you do not get HPV from "air".

I suspect you misunderstood your doctor, because I cannot imagine a gynecologist telling anyone what you wrote in your first post, which is full of misinformation.
I never did say you got it from air, unless you can quote and source it. I said SKIN. Skin contact is what spreads it. Sure, a condom COULD protect you, but how many partners are going to just stick the tip (not trying to be crude) in, and not go all the way in? Most partners are going to make sure that they're enjoying the full experience, and that typically involves deep thrusts, which allow skin on skin contact (for the average sized male). Semen and bodily fluids (save for the possibility of sweat around the groin acting as a skin lubricant and picking up extra dead skin cells) isn't what causes it.

The one major exception might be oral sex with a condom, and insuring that no skin to skin contact is made around the mouth and groin.

There are dormancy stages that make the virus undetectable and unspreadable - which is what I said is up in the air. Not the literal air. In medical study air... But, stress, sickness, a change in partners, so on and so forth, can "wake" the virus up, once again making it contagious. Then, it can go dormant, again. It's a vicious cycle (that can be very painful for women).

Much of the American population carries some form of (generally the non-warty kind) HPV.

ETA: Sitting on a toilet seat or the likes isn't going to give it to you. It's strictly sexual.

Last edited by EB2; 11-23-2016 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness