Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:23 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times

Advertisements

Ever heard of the weed killer Roundup? If you eat non-organic corn or soy, chances are that you are consuming it on a regular basis. Over 90% of Corn and 85% of Soy in the US is grown with GMO seeds which are engineered to withstand high levels of herbicides while killing all the weeds surrounding them. All just to make more money and you have one main company to thank for it, Monsanto, the makers of Roundup. It doesn't stop there, most grain fed livestock or farmed seafood is fed the same corn.

GMO Health Risks: What The Scientific Evidence Says

GMO Foods Knowingly Cause Cancer in Rats - Are You Eating it?

Top 7 Genetically Modified Crops | The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 01:50 PM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
i see your everything is bad for you thread and raise you a everything is good for you thread ...
BBC - Future - Are any foods safe to eat anymore? Here

Old 03-23-2017, 01:59 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i see your everything is bad for you thread and raise you a everything is good for you thread ...
BBC - Future - Are any foods safe to eat anymore? Here

LMAO!!
Thanks I needed that!

Old 03-23-2017, 02:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Ever heard of the weed killer Roundup? If you eat non-organic corn or soy, chances are that you are consuming it on a regular basis. Over 90% of Corn and 85% of Soy in the US is grown with GMO seeds which are engineered to withstand high levels of herbicides while killing all the weeds surrounding them. All just to make more money and you have one main company to thank for it, Monsanto, the makers of Roundup. It doesn't stop there, most grain fed livestock or farmed seafood is fed the same corn.

This *news* is several years old and known by most if not all that have paid attention to it throughout the last several years.
The last I heard anything and everything causes cancer, what is your point?

Old 03-23-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This *news* is several years old and known by most if not all that have paid attention to it throughout the last several years.
The last I heard anything and everything causes cancer, what is your point?
Obviously not 'everyone' knows about it OR has chosen to ignore it (like me or others). I still eat beef and I can't afford or don't want to pay for grass fed. The post is strictly FYI for those of those who may have heard of it but didn't know the whole story (again like me). I heard the term GMO and thought to myself, no big deal, well the GMO part by itself is not a big deal, the pesticides are! THAT's my point. Who cares about cancer, lol, I DO care about consuming poison even though it may not kill you right away.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Obviously not 'everyone' knows about it OR has chosen to ignore it (like me or others). I still eat beef and I can't afford or don't want to pay for grass fed. The post is strictly FYI for those of those who may have heard of it but didn't know the whole story (again like me). I heard the term GMO and thought to myself, no big deal, well the GMO part by itself is not a big deal, the pesticides are!
I understand now, it was not a crisis until it became a crisis for you. Pesticides have been used for more years than many of us have been alive and there is also an acceptable level of pesticide that can legally be used on the much more expensive without additional nutritional value of *organic*.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I understand now, it was not a crisis until it became a crisis for you. Pesticides have been used for more years than many of us have been alive and there is also an acceptable level of pesticide that can legally be used on the much more expensive without additional nutritional value of *organic*.
Crisis? Like I said, I still eat the stuff. How do you know they are "acceptable" levels? and for that matter what is acceptable?

Old 03-23-2017, 02:43 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Some people who are allergic to GMO soy are not allergic to non-GMO soy.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:01 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:

Before GMO and RoundUp, corn was still sprayed for weeds.

Aatrazine was used heavily.

If your sprayer ever over lapped , grain couldn't grow there for years.

With RoundUp, it has no effect on any grasses weeds that are not already emerged.

Much safer with GMO and RoundUp.

THANK YOU, Monsanto !

Old 03-23-2017, 05:45 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
I've been eating corn and soy almost daily for over 70 years and I ain't dead yet pardner. They've caused no problems. And I'll continue until the day I die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness