Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 04:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Well to our shock, we read an article in our paper yesterday about how bad the gnats are this year due to all our late rains and how bad they can bite. Well. we were wondering what was eating my husband. He has sensitive skin and any 6 legged creature will find him and enjoy dinner off his skin. This year he has been careful to spray but still, even when he spends most of the time in the house he is getting eaten up.
How many of you have dealt with gnat bites and do you have a suggestion for an ointment of cream that will help with the itching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 01:24 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,777,621 times
I've had really good luck with aloe vera gel. Bugs adore me, too. In addition, I had two separate horrific allergic reactions to different antibiotics and was covered head to toe with the most ghastly hives and itchy rash you can imagine. The only thing that truly worked for me was aloe vera gel. I was on steroid creams and oral steroids for the rashes but even they didn't quite take care of the itching. Added the aloe vera gel and I was able to sleep and not scratch myself bloody raw. I got the aloe vera gel from Dollar Tree . . . cleaned out their whole inventory, in fact. It needs to be reapplied often - your body will tell you when!

Hope this helps. Itching can drive you truly mad.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:41 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
I'd rather get bit by a mosquito!They just itch, they don't hurt and ammonia does a pretty good job on them..
One thing I've found that works pretty well is ChiggerX, found in Walmart.
The active ingredient is Benzocaine.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'd rather get bit by a mosquito!They just itch, they don't hurt and ammonia does a pretty good job on them..
One thing I've found that works pretty well is ChiggerX, found in Walmart.
The active ingredient is Benzocaine.
I have heard anything with Benzocaine in it will help. Right now he is better, but who knows tomorrow? Ther are nights he is up all night scratching. He has also gotten some soap the pharm suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness