Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 10:30 AM

401 posts, read 529,103 times

Advertisements

I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep any night since last October. I go to bed and toss and turn stressed out, worrying either kept awake by long-term problems or just-happened, upsetting confrontations or disasters during the previous hours. If I am lucky, I get 2 hours during some stretch between 10pm and 2am. But once I am awake at 2 - no matter what, I never get back to sleep. This hasn't changed since October and every day has become more difficult. I can barely walk or even stand up, I can no longer read anything that I don't magnify to extreme size, have what seems like a permanent headache and intense pain from bright lights - either headlights or sunlight. I am nauseous most of the time and I have tremors and shaking constantly. My blood pressure has skyrocketed to dangerously high levels at all times.

I am growing increasingly concerned about just dropping dead from a stroke or heart problem. But I have no health insurance and live in a state that has not expanded Medicaid so seeing a doctor is out of the question.

So tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 10:40 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,823,755 times
Try CBD oil. You can get it in many different forms. I have CBD gummies. CBD wont get you high, but it will help a lot with sleep.
You can order it online. It can be a little pricey but it will be worth it if it works for you.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:46 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Surely there must be some way to see a doctor?

Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
OP: I've posted SO MUCH about how I get good quality sleep. What have your tired in all this time of NO SLEEP? Hard to believe. Sleep is a huge issue with many on these forums and my issues started after menopause and the Fibro dx but I got to work and now for some time have been getting 8-10 good dreamy sleep. I've posted a lot here....

And I use ALL otc supplements and no drugs for sleep, except the ibuprofen I take before I hit the pillow for pain issues I live with.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:18 PM

1,305 posts, read 856,704 times
Wow! Is there no clinic or anyplace you could go to see a doc? This just sounds really abnormal. Have you tried OTC sleep aids at all? The one completely free thing that helped me sleep when I used to wake up with panic attacks (and I mean they were horrendous...shaking all over, nausea, etc) was counting breaths. I know, seems completely crazy that such a simple thing could relax a body completely overwhelmed by adrenaline, but I kid you not, it worked as well as valium. You just count each breath you take...1, 2, 3.......sometimes I would get up to 500 before my body calmed down and I was NOT good at keeping my thoughts on my breathing, but eventually, I did calm down and fall asleep. Worth a shot anyway, but it really sounds like you should see a medical professional, just to rule anything else out and help with high bp and other issues.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:59 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,980,594 times
Have you looked into short term health insurance? https://www.uhc.com/individual-and-f...alth-insurance

Old 04-21-2019, 02:57 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Have you ever tried melatonin?

Old 04-21-2019, 03:59 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,671,743 times
Assuming that your inability to sleep is the cause of all your symptoms, rather than your health issues giving you insomnia, is a dangerous assumption. See a doctor, get your BP under control, your HA and vision changes evaluated, and don’t waste your time looking for home remedies on an internet forum, or you will drop dead of a stroke or MI.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:07 PM

577 posts, read 494,945 times
My wife has some of the same sleep disorders. Too many dreams, nightmares, cannot get her brain to shut down while trying to go to sleep. The herb supplement melatonin has saved her from chronic sleep deprivation. May not be for everyone though, and as with all internet medical/health advice given by posters, my wife nor I.... are doctors. So JMO

Old 04-21-2019, 06:28 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,019,718 times
Ok, what you do to break out of this is you deliberately stay UP and awake as long as you possibly can. Even if it takes a week. Do NOT even try to sleep during this time, stay awake until you can't stay awake no matter what.

Some years back it happened to me, and I was wide awake 24/7 from Sunday afternoon 2pm, until 12 noon the following Friday!

During that 5 days I worked three 12 hour night shifts, (6pm - 6am) and was not tired at all. I finally fell asleep around noon on that Friday, and was fine afterwards. I didn't die, and it didn't do any permanent damage to me at all. The "feeling or thought that I had to sleep, or else" was more stressful than not sleeping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness