Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 12:29 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

I just got the results of wearing a 24 hour heart monitor ( Holtor ) I had over 6000 irregular beats in the 24 hours, and my heart rate slowed to 32 bpm during sleep....Needless to say I'm a bit worried about that. My cardiologist will be doing further tests and thinks radio ablation may be the answer.
Has anyone had this procedure done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 02:57 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
sanspeur, I did have this test done a long time ago. I am sorry, I dont know what the results were, other than things where fine with my heart, but I did have what they call an regular irregular heartbeat. They also did an ultra sound, ekg, and stress test too. Good luck to you, I hope the rest of your test come back fine.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
If you want to research it more, Google "radiofrequency ablation" and you should get lots of hits.

A friend of mine had SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) and was tired of having frequent episodes in spite of taking her meds, so she underwent radiofrequency ablation and has not had an episode since. They literally destroy the aberrant pathway which is causing the arrhythmia. The procedure was very simple, quick recovery.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-13-2008, 06:14 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
sanspeur, I did have this test done a long time ago. I am sorry, I dont know what the results were, other than things where fine with my heart, but I did have what they call an regular irregular heartbeat. They also did an ultra sound, ekg, and stress test too. Good luck to you, I hope the rest of your test come back fine.
I have had these tests plus an echo cardiogram and at the time ( a couple of years ago ) other than the irregular beat my heart was healthy. Lately though the irregular heartbeat has become much worse and I have developed bigeminy ( double heart beat ) I knew about these problems, but the fact that my heart slows to 32 at night is a new one on me.

The radio ablation does sounds promising...Thanks all.

I love Google!....This made me feel much less worried because the only symptom I have are the palpitations....Below was copied from the Mayo clinic site.

Bradycardia

ARTICLE SECTIONS

Introduction

Your heart normally beats between 60 and 100 times a minute to provide enough oxygen-carrying blood to your body. A heart rate below 60 beats a minute is called bradycardia.
Although a heart rate this slow can be normal during sleep or in a well-trained athlete, bradycardia signals a problem if you have signs and symptoms such as fainting or shortness of breath.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:21 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
I dont think I will read the links. I have a panic disorder, and that makes suggestable to things I read. One of the crappy side effects to this disorder.

I am glad you only have one of the symptoms, and that your mind is at ease. I too get heart palpitations, but they happen only when I have a major panic attack. I am sure it is just part of the attack.

I love google too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness