Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 07:32 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,584,667 times

Advertisements

To the OP, have you been under a lot of stress lately? That could indicate an adrenal problem. Also thyroid issues. The two can be related. Or of course it could be something entirely unrelated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 08:37 PM

17,635 posts, read 13,430,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
New carpeting does that to me, or any building materials or cloth materials that have been treated with chemicals, specifically formaldehyde.
Oh oh, multiple environmental allergies! Maybe antidepressants or cough syrup

Old 10-28-2017, 11:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,125,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summercocktails View Post
It's been almost a week that I feel extremely dizzy and weak. My eyes can't concentrate properly and I just can't do anything. I went to my GP. He checked for ear infection but nothing. He ordered me some blood test and said he wasn't sure what it is.

I'm really panicking and scared. I can't perform the simplest task. I couldn't do anything at work. I have to wait for another week for my blood test to come back. I don't know what to do :'( Is my case not severe enough for A&E? Can they do anything?
A week for blood rest results?!

CBCs for inpatients are available in 3-6 hours & outpatient’s can be at the doctor’s office by the next day & that’s the one used to assess Anemia. Inpatient Liver Function tests can be ran in 20 minutes or back to a doctor’s office the next day. A Hemoglobin A1C test takes 24-72 hours & a finger-stick (RFS) for blood sugar level takes about 20 seconds.

Good grief!

Old 10-28-2017, 11:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
Low blood pressure will give you dizziness and weakness.

Old 10-28-2017, 04:45 PM

597 posts, read 1,445,241 times
Default Dizzy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by summercocktails View Post
It's been almost a week that I feel extremely dizzy and weak. My eyes can't concentrate properly and I just can't do anything. I went to my GP. He checked for ear infection but nothing. He ordered me some blood test and said he wasn't sure what it is.

I'm really panicking and scared. I can't perform the simplest task. I couldn't do anything at work. I have to wait for another week for my blood test to come back. I don't know what to do :'( Is my case not severe enough for A&E? Can they do anything?

Hi Summer....I have had this on a couple occasions. The first time I had it so bad that I would have to hold on to the shopping cart for fear I would fall over. Plus there was no way I could drive. Finally, I tracked down the cause...diet soda. Aspartame. Stopped the soda and it went away.

Next, it returned about a year later.I was not drinking diet soda so I was scared since now I had no idea what it was this time. 3 Dr. appts later.....tracked it to gum. I wasn't chewing sugar free so I thought it was OK....WRONG...all gum now has aspartame in it. So once again, it was aspartame. Evidently, it takes awhile in some people to build up to a toxic level.

Also, are you dehydrated? That is another reason that the Dizziness will creep up on you. I hope you figure it out soon. Being dizzy is horrible.

Old 10-28-2017, 04:46 PM

4,641 posts, read 11,956,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
My wife felt like that. No sharp pain but dizzy and woozy.
It was her way of having a heart attack. Blood work should reveal it, if they look for the right hormones.
This is exactly what happened to my neighbor, too. She just died from a "sudden" heart attack. Only symptom she described, according to her husband, was dizziness.

OP, a week seems like a really long time to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness