Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 08:52 AM

946 posts, read 1,136,872 times

Advertisements

I'm posting not to seek medical advice but to vent my frustration. About 3 weeks ago I got very stressed about some medical results and ever since then I had trouble sleeping and started to experience pins and needles along with muscle twitches randomly all over my body. My doc did a full blood test which came back fine and at this point can't do anything for me except refer me to a neurologist. However the earliest I can get to see one is in two weeks.

I am making an effort to eat healthy, work out and meditate. I'm trying to understand what is going on with my body or mind or whatever the hell is causing this. Physically I feel great but this pins and needles is getting more intense and I'm tired (mentally).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 09:22 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
GP's generally do not have the experience to diagnose or treat anything that may be neurological. At the start of my peripheral neuropathy I was also sent to a neurologist. It did take 3 weeks before I could get in to see her. But was I was in she did everything she could to diagnose and treat me. Hang in there.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
GP's generally do not have the experience to diagnose or treat anything that may be neurological. At the start of my peripheral neuropathy I was also sent to a neurologist. It did take 3 weeks before I could get in to see her. But was I was in she did everything she could to diagnose and treat me. Hang in there.
Thank you.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:53 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfertx View Post
I'm posting not to seek medical advice but to vent my frustration. About 3 weeks ago I got very stressed about some medical results and ever since then I had trouble sleeping and started to experience pins and needles along with muscle twitches randomly all over my body. My doc did a full blood test which came back fine and at this point can't do anything for me except refer me to a neurologist. However the earliest I can get to see one is in two weeks.

I am making an effort to eat healthy, work out and meditate. I'm trying to understand what is going on with my body or mind or whatever the hell is causing this. Physically I feel great but this pins and needles is getting more intense and I'm tired (mentally).
You said you want no advice so won't give any...sent you a note. I deal with pins/needles but I know what they are from. I do a lot of my own health research and healing.

I'm on another group and SO MANY pins/needles nerve issues and they run to doctors all the time...and many finally do their own research and work on their own issues and post their results all the time. I see both...Personally, I don't run to doctors.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-12-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 04-12-2018, 11:06 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post

Yes 2-3 weeks is common to see a neurologist, who is the proper MD to evaluate your symptoms, OP.

CD posters cannot diagnose your medical problems...

Old 04-12-2018, 12:19 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Some sort of neuropathy, did the doctor check your blood-sugar?

I assume you are going to get an EMG/NCV study, this may shed light onto what ails you!

Old 04-12-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

I assume you are going to get an EMG/NCV study, this may shed light onto what ails you!
My primary care physician did a full blood test and pretty much everything looked good. To note this all started a day after I was very stressed about an event. I think I may have had a small panic attack around that time. I'm really hoping it's just stress and anxieties.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:56 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
My primary care physician did a full blood test and pretty much everything looked good. To note this all started a day after I was very stressed about an event. I think I may have had a small panic attack around that time. I'm really hoping it's just stress and anxieties.
If you think that's what it is Stress and Anxiety...then there are many things that can help with those issues...

Old 04-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Old 04-12-2018, 01:03 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Quote:
I can empathize with you. My peripheral neuropathy is idiopathic, or was at the time. I had every test under the sun for toxins and whatever else that could be the cause. I was in a complete state of panic. My neurologist sent me to have two different MRI's. I now have it for the most part under control. I can tell you that you should stay away from the computer looking for diagnoses. It will scare the crap our of you!
Stress wreaks havoc on the body. Maybe while waiting for your neurologist appointment you do some yoga or try meditating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness