Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

1st, I have never tried either

2nd I have attended several pharmacy continuing education programs on both and believe that there is definitely benefits from CBD. I still am way on the fence on THC

My warning is for anyone who has a legal concealed carry permit

Regardless of state law, federal law still classes both as Schedule 1, totally illegal to possess, use or sell. (I understand that there is some movement to move CBD (containing no cannabis - CHC components) out of this category

But as of now, if you apply for a medical marijuana permit, your CCW will be immediately revoked.

If you are caught with either and charged with a felony, your CCW will be revoked

Be aware and stay safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 06:14 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
1st, I have never tried either

2nd I have attended several pharmacy continuing education programs on both and believe that there is definitely benefits from CBD. I still am way on the fence on THC

My warning is for anyone who has a legal concealed carry permit

Regardless of state law, federal law still classes both as Schedule 1, totally illegal to possess, use or sell. (I understand that there is some movement to move CBD (containing no cannabis - CHC components) out of this category

But as of now, if you apply for a medical marijuana permit, your CCW will be immediately revoked.

If you are caught with either and charged with a felony, your CCW will be revoked

Be aware and stay safe
The bolded part is not true.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
The bolded part is not true.
WRONG!!!

Quote:
((21 U.S.C. 802). Therefore under federal law, a person who has a medical marijuana card may not possess a firearm due to the fact that they are using a controlled substance as well as the fact that repeated use may constitute addiction.
Quote:
The Ohio Attorney General's Office this week confirmed that Ohioans who use marijuana – even legally under state law – are prohibited from obtaining a concealed carry permit. ... Lying on the form is a felony under federal law, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
https://www.flkeysnews.com/news/loca...193039509.html

Quote:
By federal law, the untold amount of Floridians who legally own firearms and the more than 2 million residents registered to carry a concealed weapon cannot use medical marijuana to treat conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, ALS, glaucoma or post-traumatic stress disorder — despite a 2017 state law allowing weed to be prescribed by doctors.
Quote:
Colorado, you cannot own a gun and have a medical marijuana card.
Quote:
Under federal law, Missouri residents won't legally be able to have a license for medical marijuana and possess a firearm at the same time, even though voters overwhelmingly added Amendment 2 to the Missouri Constitution on Tuesday.
I can keep going if you want

Old 04-29-2019, 07:46 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
You mention you cannot have a medical marijuana card and own a gun in CO but what about owning a gun and purchasing marijuana recreationally? Or one of the other states where it's legal recreationally?

Old 04-29-2019, 02:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
[quote=mike1003;55055599]WRONG!!!

are you talking about federal laws or state laws? Pot isn't legal federally anywhere, but there are states rights that over power the federal laws. Here in AR we are just about to open our first dispensary and I know a lot of people that will be using it for medical reasons. Many or these people own guns or someone in the house hold owns a gun. I haven't heard anything that compares to what you are saying.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:40 PM

Look at question E

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/44...53009/download

Same questions, plus more on CCW form for FBI background check

Old 04-30-2019, 11:19 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,482,440 times
Duly noted. The DOJ has agreed to let the states tend to their own matters regarding cannabis and for the time being, at least, are not causing anybody problems. If you work or are going to work for the feds, that would be different. If YOU are worried about, and you don't need me telling you this, don't buy or consume any cannabis products. Problem solved. I for one am not worried about it and I don't even live in a legal state, they do sell CBD just about everywhere now, even in Texas.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:45 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
You mention you cannot have a medical marijuana card and own a gun in CO but what about owning a gun and purchasing marijuana recreationally? Or one of the other states where it's legal recreationally?

Well, if and when pot-shops start taking credit-cards and other electronic-payments..........expect fed/state/local Governments to "use" that info for various reasons, one of them being denial of a
weapons-purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness