Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 08:11 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,385,077 times

Advertisements

After suffering from shortness of breath an angiogram concluded due to blockages i needed stents so i now have 2 stents installed however when i'm sleeping i get short of breath and wake up , do i now need an oxygen source ..https://www.google.ca/search?q=oxyge...Lj6Z0LRCoFjjM:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 12:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,789,675 times
Um, I think you need to ask your doctor this question.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:12 AM

13,288 posts, read 8,484,651 times
Yup. Every mammal needs oxygen .
No doctor needn't to determine that fact.

Old 12-14-2019, 09:48 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,789,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Yup. Every mammal needs oxygen .
No doctor needn't to determine that fact.
The question is whether an oxygen tank would help. I don't know what is going on with the OP, and neither do you. But I can tell you that there is plenty of oxygen in the air, and if the OP is having trouble absorbing it, adding more might not help. It depends on what is wrong.

Not to mention this is a rather alarming symptom, and the OP should go see her/his doctor.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,124,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After suffering from shortness of breath an angiogram concluded due to blockages i needed stents so i now have 2 stents installed however when i'm sleeping i get short of breath and wake up , do i now need an oxygen source ..https://www.google.ca/search?q=oxyge...Lj6Z0LRCoFjjM:
It is reasonable to consider that your oxygen saturation level is dropping while you sleep; this is very common in people with cardiac conditions.

Have you reported this to your doctor? You might need a sleep study test so that your oxygen levels can be monitored. The test they do for a second at the doctors office when they take your vital signs wouldn't reveal this. Call your doctor ASAP!

Old 12-14-2019, 10:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,385,077 times
Of course i'll ask my doctor next time i see her but as we are on a discussion forum i thought i would generate some discussion on peoples experiences with supplemental oxygen,particularly products like Inogen =
https://store.mainclinicsupply.com/i....htm#&panel1-4..

Old 12-14-2019, 11:09 AM

13,288 posts, read 8,484,651 times
Get a pulse oximeter. It registers the levels. It's placed temporarily on the index finger.
My mother had one as she was borderline on her too much carbon dioxide level. Making her confused.

If you have shortness of breathe this can also create a necessity to be on regulated oxygen supplement machine.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:12 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,702,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It is reasonable to consider that your oxygen saturation level is dropping while you sleep; this is very common in people with cardiac conditions.

Have you reported this to your doctor? You might need a sleep study test so that your oxygen levels can be monitored. The test they do for a second at the doctors office when they take your vital signs wouldn't reveal this. Call your doctor ASAP!
Absolutely. The OP might have something like obstructive sleep apnea, in which case he’d benefit more from a CPAP/BiPAP. Untreated OSA can contribute to a variety of heart conditions, especially if it hasn’t been treated over the course of years/decades. The only way to find that out is to do the study and find out what is happening when the OP sleeps.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:07 PM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
You should go online to find heart-healthy herbs to clear those blockages. There are herbal formulas that are cardio-system roto-rooters, that clear blockages gradually over time. If you already have stents, it means your life is at risk, frankly. Oxygen (like a C-PAP machine provides) is just a band-aid solution. There's one formula in particular that got researched thoroughly in Switzerland and Germany, and is now available at all pharmacies in the German-speaking countries, because it's very effective and saves lives. You can message me if you'd like to know more about it.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:22 PM

23,391 posts, read 19,006,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Of course i'll ask my doctor next time i see her but as we are on a discussion forum i thought i would generate some discussion on peoples experiences with supplemental oxygen,particularly products like Inogen =
https://store.mainclinicsupply.com/i....htm#&panel1-4..
Sounds like your desire for discussion is focused more around choosing some consumer product that's getting a lot of air time right now, rather than the underlying cause for your symptoms. Don't start shopping for anything until you know what the trouble is or is not. You can end up convincing yourself there's only one solution...that you must buy something or suffer dire consequences. That's how advertising works. Oh yeah, don't forget about anxiety. It does have an effect; that little "voice" telling you you are not getting enough oxygen. Not exactly beneficial. For all you know a different pillow might provide the same benefit. If it was me, I'd much rather have the first discussion with my cardiologist who can test for what's actually occurring, then ask for opinions about products that could help.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-14-2019 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness