Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 04:13 PM

668 posts, read 471,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Claiming asthma is nothing but bull crap!

I have moderate asthma and chronic bronchitis and wore a mask all day at work

Drs and nurses do it all the time

I have several friends who are nurses and compounding pharmacists who wear N95s all day

And, I know one fireman with asthma who has to wear a respirator most days

Nothing but bull!

Wear your DAMN masks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't rep you again, but dead on accurate.

My daughter works in a hospital pharmacy. She also has asthma. She works 10-12 hour shifts. And somehow she manages to keep a mask on. Is it comfortable for her? No. But she manages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 07:02 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Having stores announce this doesn't stop the folks who continue to show up and are served. Management and the staff refuse to enforce the mandates.
There are two Lowe's in my town. I refuse to go to the one on the west side. From management to consumers they are telling folks....ohh it's only a suggestion. Please just continue to shop.
There is no mandate really IF these business are disregarding it. !! Don't even get me started on how folks throw it under their chin once passed the door checker.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:26 AM

20,664 posts, read 4,433,674 times
The masks are just a part of the problem.

The 14 day travel quarantine is also not working correctly. It's not enough time.

IE: A person plans travel from Texas (which is one of worst Virus locations) to New York (which is now controlled fairly well). They have the person quarantine in New York for 14 days.

Wouldn't the proper way be having the person quarantine 14 days in Texas first? Once they are medically
clear, they can travel out of state. All arrivals from high virus states have a mandatory 14 day travel quarantine. So 14 days before & 14 days after the flight.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:05 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
The masks are just a part of the problem.

The 14 day travel quarantine is also not working correctly. It's not enough time.

IE: A person plans travel from Texas (which is one of worst Virus locations) to New York (which is now controlled fairly well). They have the person quarantine in New York for 14 days.

Wouldn't the proper way be having the person quarantine 14 days in Texas first? Once they are medically
clear, they can travel out of state. All arrivals from high virus states have a mandatory 14 day travel quarantine. So 14 days before & 14 days after the flight.
Sure, but the whole issue is that texas doesn't care in the first place so it is the receiving state that takes the risk and therefore enforces the quarantine.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:26 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
In the land of the mask that was hit hard with it months ago, the 7 day rate per 100,000 in New York and Massachusetts is 27. New Jersey and Connecticut are lower than that. This is pretty basic public health to keep the transmission rate low. I don’t get how this could possibly be an issue?

Old 07-19-2020, 09:11 AM

20,664 posts, read 4,433,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Sure, but the whole issue is that texas doesn't care in the first place so it is the receiving state that takes the risk and therefore enforces the quarantine.
It's also states like California, Arizona, Florida, etc. They failed to shutdown properly, and not wear masks. But they didn't have a problem having parties and spreading the virus.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:24 AM

8,770 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think most who say that are probably lying. There was a person on CD encouraging people to lie and say they have a breathing problem so they don't have to wear a mask. I would imagine someone with a real health issue is more concerned about not getting sick than complaining about a mask.

But they do have those face shields. I believe they are an acceptable substitute to masks. I have seen walmart employees wearing just the shields.
I agree!

Old 07-19-2020, 10:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
ALL stores should - tired of these people saying "I can't wear a mask, claiming asthma, etc." no clue why people don't think it's important to protect others and be be protected.
I have asthma, Ive tried wearing a mask, its very difficult to breath!

Ive not had any problems though, anytime a retailer or store says something to me about a mask, I just tell them I have a medical issue (breathing) and they say nothing more about it...

and that is THE LAW....they are NOT allowed to ask further details about anyones medical conditions, we have laws that protect us against that fortunately, even police are not permitted to ask about someones medical conditions, or what medicine they may be taking, how much, dosage, etc.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS PEOPLE!

Old 07-19-2020, 10:59 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
More states have also introduced mask orders.

With coronavirus cases rising in dozens of states, America's two biggest retailers have made masks mandatory for shoppers nationwide. Walmart announced Wednesday that face masks will be required at all Walmart and Sam's Clubs locations as of Monday, the Washington Post reports. The company said around two-thirds of its stores are in areas where public health regulations already require masks to be worn.

https://www.newser.com/story/293644/...mandatory.html
My Walmart and convenience store WaWa wanted masks on before NJ's law came into effect. I was thankful I did grab one before I left the house because I was anticipating stores doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
It bothers me when people wear the mask, around their neck, or don`t cover their nose. I had blood work done, and the girl taking it, didn`t have her nose covered.....I didn`t say anything, thinking about it....I should of just walked out.
Call and complain to the company. I complained on the Walmart receipt last week when one girl doing cold cuts did have her nose in the mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think most who say that are probably lying. There was a person on CD encouraging people to lie and say they have a breathing problem so they don't have to wear a mask. I would imagine someone with a real health issue is more concerned about not getting sick than complaining about a mask.

But they do have those face shields. I believe they are an acceptable substitute to masks. I have seen walmart employees wearing just the shields.
In my state, no mask; you don't go in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Ive not had any problems though, anytime a retailer or store says something to me about a mask, I just tell them I have a medical issue (breathing) and they say nothing more about it...

and that is THE LAW....they are NOT allowed to ask further details about anyones medical conditions, we have laws that protect us against that fortunately, even police are not permitted to ask about someones medical conditions, or what medicine they may be taking, how much, dosage, etc.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS PEOPLE!
I don't know how some people with asthma and lung issues have issues but others don't.

I have COPD, wearing the mask makes me want to pass out after 15 minutes; so I'll lift the mask so I can get air when I need it. I went to wearing a single ply T-shirt type material that I still have issues with after 15 minutes

Old 07-19-2020, 01:51 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS PEOPLE!
You are the same person who posted this, right?

Quote:
Last week, I had to go to the ER, due to Bronchitis, basically, there was so much mucus built up in my airways and lungs, it was hard to breath, the first thing the ER did was to start me on Antibiotics and start loosening the mucus up.

They did a great job and I am feeling much better now. I went about 4 days without smoking anything, but I couldnt keep going...However instead of the regular 'strength' cigarettes I had been smoking for years, I bought ultra lights.
You know, if you 1) used a nebulizer, and 2) stopped smoking, you would find it very easy to breathe. All the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness