Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 06:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Boy, you moved the goalposts to an entirely different stadium. I did not say any of those things were free. I said that patients do not pay for their care. No family ever gets a bill from St. Jude. About 75% of its income is from donations, 14% from insurance, 9% from grants.

Why shouldn't all of those things get paid for? Why is it OK for money to be spent to keep the lights on and staff paid at your local schools but not St. Jude?

Your allegation that cancer cures are being hidden and not made available to the public is false. St. Jude is an example of what is being done to increase cancer cure rates.

To address the question in the OP, more manpower and resources would make it happen faster.
Nope. YOU moved the goalpost. Three times.

Goalpost #1. I said cancer is a billion dollar business.

Your counter argument? St Jude cuz it's FREE to patients. Which is irrelevant because there is a TON of money exchanged ... it pays a whole lotta people for a whole lotta cancer treatment and care, as well as serves as a ground zero testing site for clinical trials, which are funded by MORE MONEY.

Which PROVES my POINT.

Goalpost #2. No idea why you are yammering about local schools. Has nothing to do with this thread. Trying to distract from your crappy, thoughtless St Jude argument? Yes. You are.

Goalpost #3. I never said cancer cures are "being hidden." That's a LIE (always resort to lying suzy, it's pathetic at this point). I said that there will never be a cancer cure because there is too much money to be made in treatments. So they will continue to research treatments. Which they are.

Why do you always throw in distractors and lies? Everyone sees right through them. Try sticking to the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Hogwash.

The people who treat cancer would love for it to be inexpensive.

Treatment for hepatitis C (yes, I know it is not cancer) is expensive but so successful that as more and more.
Then they wouldn't be paid the high salaries for research. They would be out of jobs.

Reality check ... please!

Old 08-19-2020, 04:58 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Your counter argument? St Jude cuz it's FREE to patients. Which is irrelevant because there is a TON of money exchanged ... it pays a whole lotta people for a whole lotta cancer treatment and care, as well as serves as a ground zero testing site for clinical trials, which are funded by MORE MONEY.

Which PROVES my POINT.

Goalpost #2. No idea why you are yammering about local schools. Has nothing to do with this thread. Trying to distract from your crappy, thoughtless St Jude argument? Yes. You are.

Goalpost #3. I never said cancer cures are "being hidden." That's a LIE (always resort to lying suzy, it's pathetic at this point). I said that there will never be a cancer cure because there is too much money to be made in treatments. So they will continue to research treatments. Which they are.

Why do you always throw in distractors and lies? Everyone sees right through them. Try sticking to the topic.
1. Yes, it costs money to do cancer research and treatment. Your point? Why shouldn't people get paid to do it?

2. My point was that it costs money to do other things, too, like educate children. Why is it OK to spend money on education but not on medical care?

3. You said "There will never be a publicly offered cure for cancer."

https://www.city-data.com/forum/58917561-post6.html

That implies that cures exist but they are only being given to someone who is not "the public". What I said was not a LIE, and the only reason I did not report you for accusing me of lying is to prevent the thread from being closed.

How do you develop a cancer cure without doing the research? Some of those "treatments" are curative, which you stubbornly refuse to admit.

Quote:
Then they wouldn't be paid the high salaries for research. They would be out of jobs.

Reality check ... please!
Nope, they would just move on to a different problem.

By the way, those salaries are not as high as you seem to think.

https://www.payscale.com/research/US...vention/Salary

Old 08-19-2020, 07:57 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

Would more manpower help and is it hampered by the space and resource restrictions on research? Limiting the amount of people who can get pHds and MDs?

If we had everybody that was unemployed right now working to help solve COVID, would that make a difference? Can't we at least produce a practical mask that stops the transmission that people can use? I mean we have ALL this manpower sitting around...
Yeah, get all these c-d covid experts offline and into the labs where they belong!

Old 08-19-2020, 10:23 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,037,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
When I think of our world and the amazing advances we've been able to make, I always feel some fields are ahead of others.

For example, personal technology is just amazing. I have a phone in my pocket that I bought for less than $200 and within it I have access to an encyclopedic knowledge of anything in the world, and all I have to do is use my fingers to push portions of the screen.

While driving in my car and listening to the radio, all I have to do is push a button and my phone can figure out the song. If the advances within my lifetime are any indicator, personal tech will just continue to evolve at light speed.

But yet ... we cannot figure out a cure for cancer. We have been terrible at being prepared for, containing, and now fighting to solve COVID. We can't even figure out anything decent for helping someone who has to get up to pee in the middle of the night.

How is that health and medicine are so far behind on actually solving problems like tech does?

Would more manpower help and is it hampered by the space and resource restrictions on research? Limiting the amount of people who can get pHds and MDs?

If we had everybody that was unemployed right now working to help solve COVID, would that make a difference? Can't we at least produce a practical mask that stops the transmission that people can use? I mean we have ALL this manpower sitting around...
As this thread has proven however, we do NOT have all this knowledge sitting around. The limiting factor isn't space, but the people with the knowledge to solve the problems you're talking about. Posters on this thread used terms like "it should be easy." One great lesson I've learned in life is that everything is easy to those who don't have to do the actual work.

Old 08-20-2020, 05:36 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Quote:
What does THAT have anything to do with a full-on, 100% cure offered to the public? NOTHING. Go for the insult instead of the truth as your usual MO when you know you are wrong.

The people in the labs believe -- for the most part-- that they are contributing. What they do NOT realize is that a cure will never, ever be allowed to be sold to the public.

Too much profit to be given up. Money will always win in the medical industrial complex game.
So a conspiracy theory...

A conspiracy that EVERY SINGLE researcher, lab tech, scientist, statistician, etc must be in on....

A conspiracy so vast that it encompasses every research lab around the globe....

A conspiracy so well veiled that not a single one of these millions of people around the world that are on the inside of this web of lies has ever come forward to tell the truth that only YOU seem to be aware of....

Yeah....go with that....

Old 08-20-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
1. Yes, it costs money to do cancer research and treatment. Your point? Why shouldn't people get paid to do it?

2. My point was that it costs money to do other things, too, like educate children. Why is it OK to spend money on education but not on medical care?
You are continuing to repeat a LIE where YOU are repeating the idea that I said people shouldn't be paid for work. I also NEVER discussed schools.

I NEVER SAID EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. For anyone reading YOUR posts, they would 100% think that I said both.

Stop moving goalposts and STOP LYING about what I have posted.

Cancer care is ridiculously expensive. It is a multi-billion dollar business. Those are FACTS. To pretend it's NOT is ... well .... there's that word again .... sorry you don't like the truth.

Old 08-20-2020, 07:24 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,077,671 times
Quote:
Cancer care is ridiculously expensive. It is a multi-billion dollar business. Those are FACTS.
And yet, St. Judes is giving it away for free, which chunks your whole screed in the dumpster where it belongs. S_Q is right. You are not.

Old 08-20-2020, 12:00 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Quote:

Which PROVES my POINT.

And there is the biggest LIE on this thread....yep keep on lying......

Along with your worthless conspiracy theory which is also a LIE

Old 08-20-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
And yet, St. Judes is giving it away for free, which chunks your whole screed in the dumpster where it belongs. S_Q is right. You are not.
Are you saying that everyone there works for FREE?

That not one paycheck or bill or services rendered statement goes across any desk at St Judes ever?

https://www.stjude.org/content/dam/e...eport-2018.pdf

St Judes took in $2 billion in 2018.

Care to revise your statement that cancer is not a billion dollar business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness