Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 12:02 AM

313 posts, read 269,265 times

Advertisements

https://www.broadstreetbeacon.com/ne...ndry-products/

Among chemicals exhausted through the laundry vents are phthalates which can block androgens, or male hormones, and can interfere with normal genital development in boys. These toxic substances have been banned in Europe as reproductive toxins and because they can cause kidney and liver toxicity.

I hope this eventually happens everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 12:18 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
Wow! That makes me very happy. That’s a amazing.

I’m one of the sensitive ones, allergic to fragrances. When I tell people that they usually insist they didn’t put perfume on. But it’s not just perfume. It’s laundry soap, then dryer sheets, then scented deodorant, then scented lotion, then mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner and hair spray. That’s eight fragrances all competing before you even get to perfume.

I have trouble at work, at restaurants, at church, the theater, in airplanes, hair salons, hotels, even in my own yard when neighbors do their laundry. The doctors offices and hospitals went fragrance free a few years ago. That was nice. However my clinic shared a ventilation system with the big beauty salon next to them so it is pretty difficult to go there and had to switch doctors. My symptoms include a sore scratchy throat, an upset stomach, a lot of coughing, and a blazing headache. Not much fun.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:02 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Ok, I really doubt both, anyone is getting a big enough dose to be impacted by
dryer-scenting...............and enforcing this, nope, there will be none.

Last edited by tickyul; 09-06-2020 at 06:39 PM..

Old 09-07-2020, 10:36 AM

326 posts, read 200,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post

I’m one of the sensitive ones, allergic to fragrances. When I tell people that they usually insist they didn’t put perfume on. But it’s not just perfume. It’s laundry soap, then dryer sheets, then scented deodorant, then scented lotion, then mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner and hair spray. That’s eight fragrances all competing before you even get to perfume.

I have trouble at work, at restaurants, at church, the theater, in airplanes, hair salons, hotels, even in my own yard when neighbors do their laundry. The doctors offices and hospitals went fragrance free a few years ago. That was nice. However my clinic shared a ventilation system with the big beauty salon next to them so it is pretty difficult to go there and had to switch doctors. My symptoms include a sore scratchy throat, an upset stomach, a lot of coughing, and a blazing headache. Not much fun.
Same here

Old 09-07-2020, 11:59 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,419,949 times
Good luck to them carrying this out! I haven't purchased scented laundry products in years. For me they cause sinus infections and conjunctivitis.

Old 09-07-2020, 12:03 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Good luck to them carrying this out! I haven't purchased scented laundry products in years. For me they cause sinus infections and conjunctivitis.

Infections are caused by bacteria and viruses, NOT SMELLS

Maybe allergies, but that's different

Old 09-07-2020, 05:56 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I don't know if they can enforce it. Glad Europe does at least. I get congestion that doesn't go away and can turn into a sinus infection. I also get bad headaches and dizziness from scented products. Long ago I actually used to think the scents came from nice things like flowers. No. They come from nasty chemicals that can damage you. It's very sickening to walk down the detergent aisle in the grocery store and I don't know why the manufacturers think they have to add these smelly chemicals to the cleaners. Some people even spray things or just spray into the air--on purpose! Spray smelly, toxic chemicals into the air=dumb. I feel sorry for pets and little kids who are forced to breathe this stuff because it's not only unpleasant but what else do these chemicals cause?

Old 09-07-2020, 07:31 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post

oh me too. My asthma starts acting up. Mens colognes and some womens perfume are the worst for me. Not only do they cause the asthma to flare up but they give me major migraines.

I wish they'd ban perfumes and smelly products everywhere. They did for cigarettes. They can do it for perfumes and scented products.

My doc occasionally uses Glade Plug in's and then tells me my lungs sound terrible. They were fine before I walked in her office.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:00 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times
That happened in 2019. Look at the date on the article.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:21 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
My pet peeve is the Febreeze and other scents now being added to trash bags, while in the meantime, the bags are getting flimsier and flimsier and rip out at the drop of a hat. (Looking at you, Glad.) Do they think a scented bag is going to make me any happier when my trash has fallen through the bag onto the kitchen floor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness