Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 04:00 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Those were not a thing when my mother was alive. And yes correct, she would’ve noped out on thongs.

Also just read a thing about the dreaded visible panty line. People aren’t wearing the right size. Mayim Bialik just wrote a thing about being handed a pair of underwear two sizes too big from what she wore. They not only fit, they didn’t cause muffin top or spillage. She had no clue she was wearing the wrong size.
Often wondered why we cared if a panty line showed; so what, people know you're wearing underwear and why do they care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 05:23 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I have plenty of pairs...haven't counted, but probably have 40-50. I used to just put on a new pair each morning. But I've since changed it to 2x/day. Why not!
Glad you got many pairs blare. I can go days without changing. Just don't be messy and 2 to 4 days is fine as wine.

Old 10-13-2020, 05:28 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
That’s funny. I thought we were talking styles. My mother always said that you need more than one style of underwear. Depending on what you’re wearing you have to match your underwear to it.

If you’re wearing white linen unlined pants, you need to wear a very flesh toned granny panty. That way no one will see the underwear shadow, and you won’t have VPL. And flesh toned to you — not what the manufacturers call flesh toned or nude. In my case, it’s a pale pink.

If you are wearing a silk, or silky skirt, then you need to wear a nylon version of underwear. You need to have some sort of slip action or the silk may crawl up. I don’t want to be yanking your skirt down every 20 minutes.

My mother had lots of underwear rules. She was the Leroy Jethro Gibbs of underwear.
You had a very instructive mom.

Old 10-13-2020, 05:49 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
That’s funny. I thought we were talking styles. My mother always said that you need more than one style of underwear. Depending on what you’re wearing you have to match your underwear to it.

If you’re wearing white linen unlined pants, you need to wear a very flesh toned granny panty. That way no one will see the underwear shadow, and you won’t have VPL. And flesh toned to you — not what the manufacturers call flesh toned or nude. In my case, it’s a pale pink.

If you are wearing a silk, or silky skirt, then you need to wear a nylon version of underwear. You need to have some sort of slip action or the silk may crawl up. I don’t want to be yanking your skirt down every 20 minutes.

My mother had lots of underwear rules. She was the Leroy Jethro Gibbs of underwear.
Don't even know what VPL means. Kinda like if i told ya i bought a Tak FS128 i bet you would never know what it is.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:39 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post

I don't know if it has changed any in the last few decades, but back then, water survival training involved removing your pants and using them as a flotation device. .

This is the most interesting and least disgusting line of this thread, So far.
I'll have to try that someday, with a clean pair of course.

Old 10-14-2020, 05:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
LOL purehuman. Oh lordy I change mine every day, but I've been known to "go commando" when wearing just a long night shirt in the summer while lounging in the house. Okay, I drink my tea and walk around the garden that way too in the summer. I just can't bring myself to put on a dirty pair of underwear or socks either.
oh, I can wear socks for a few days and yes, I too like to wear a long lounging outfit around the house from time to time with nothing on under it. I have a couple of outfits I wear in winter the same way: take a shower in early afternoon, slip into lounger and that is how I dress the rest of the day.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:30 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Why on earth would you not change your underwear?

So many truly perverted people in the world.

I had no idea.
I'm assuming they are the same people who don't shower or bathe every day. What grosses me out is people who go commando but wear the same pair of pants more than once. Essentially, if you're not wearing undies, your pants have become underwear so unless you wash them every time you wear them, it's just gag inducing.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:32 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Don't even know what VPL means. Kinda like if i told ya i bought a Tak FS128 i bet you would never know what it is.
Visible Panty Line. As part of an advertising campaign (marketing ploy) for pantyhose with a built in cotton "panty" portion, VPL was introduced as an embarrassing fashion faux pas. In other words you don't want people to be able to see the outline of your panties through your clothes.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Visible Panty Line. As part of an advertising campaign (marketing ploy) for pantyhose with a built in cotton "panty" portion, VPL was introduced as an embarrassing fashion faux pas. In other words you don't want people to be able to see the outline of your panties through your clothes.
Some females actually dress to show off their VPL, Ive seen some wearing white pants/shorts and bright red or black undies, although its usually the bikini type or thong.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:25 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I learned to go 'commando' in the Army, for the reason it is called that. One day, back at my TO&E base after having recently returned from a TDY mission in the jungle, we had a surprise water survival training exercise. There were a number of women in the company.

I don't know if it has changed any in the last few decades, but back then, water survival training involved removing your pants and using them as a flotation device. There were a few red faces (including my own, when I realized what the girls were giggling about).

I was new to a particular job, had only been with the company a couple of weeks. One day, I wore a dress to work, that was ankle length. I did NOT wear underwear or a slip, but I DID have pantyhose on.

I'm on my break with everyone else, feeling a little awkward because I didn't really know anyone yet. I'm trying to stand discretely away from everyone, standing by the front door of this office building.

Well, the office building had a revolving door, and as two guys came through the door, it created a strong enough breeze that it blew the front of my dress up. EVERYBODY in front of me saw it. I quickly pushed the front of my dress down, which caused the back of my dress to fly up and over my head. The two guys coming through the door go "Ooh la la!" and everyone starts to laugh. Except me. I was mortified.

I considered letting that be my last day at that company. LOL But then I figured "Oh heck, if there was anyone there who'd never seen a woman's body parts, it was high time they did!" And I got over it. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness