Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 04:18 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

I am an organic farmer. I have been growing marijuana for a couple of years. I convert most of my harvest to 'cannabis butter' which I then use in baked goods [brownies, cookies, etc]. I take it an hour before my bedtime, so most of the effects kick in as I am in bed.

I have had cancer surgery, then a 3 years later my cancer came back. Then I went through hormone therapy and radiation, now we think my cancer might be gone. But we have to re-test twice a year to be sure. The only thing I can do at this point to 'fight' my cancer is to remain low stress and try to get quality sleep each night.

Taking edibles helps me to sleep soundly.

The only money I spend on cannabis is to buy seed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 05:59 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
After initially purchasing locally, I ordered some online through DiamondCBD and received two day shipping. Expected Tuesday 04/20/2021 (how cool is that). Their Delta products were all half-off when I ordered.

Found a store in my little bitty town today and purchased two packs of gummies - half the price of my initial purchase.

Going to stock up before the bible beaters where I live crack down on it.

Old 04-17-2021, 06:54 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
Anyone out there trying Delta-8 THC? It's legal in most states, and I find it helpful with some forms of pain without paranoia or foggy feeling that some may find with Cannabis/Delta-9 THC. I make my own edible oil, and vape cartridges and like the results. Tolerance can build pretty quickly so be aware of this, and the edible form converts into a more powerful substance when run through the liver.

The cost is so reasonable for the bulk concentrate (I'm getting 97% for $2.5/gm shipped) and a gram can make many, many doses depending on personal experience/desired effects... i.e. many folks like 25mg as a single edible dose, so on paper that is 40 doses for $2.50! My homemade vape juice lasts forever and costs almost nothing to enjoy. If you are used to retail cannabis prices, Delta-8 will shock you into how inexpensive it can be in most cases, with having similar results.

Lastly, this molecule is the real deal and will intoxicate if used in sufficient quantity, and demands respect. If I had to compare D8-to-D9 with regard to a % of strength per a given weight, I'd say D8 is about 1/2 - 3/4 as 'strong'. So anyone else like D8 for whatever reason? Thanks.

Shown is 30 grams of 'water-clear' Delta-8 THC on the right, a batch of 'golden' vape juice to the left, and a blunt-tipped syringe ready to fill vape cartridges*.

Never tried it but after reading all the replies so far, I'm very tempted to try some. I just did a google search, found a few articles but I'm clueless. I'd want it for pain and to sleep. From an article on Delta 8, I'm not impressed with the 2 companies products or websites, only Effex who has a banana vape cartridge that looks like the only one good for sleep. The flavors are pretty limited. I'd like strawberry or raspberry but the effects are all different. Just from what I read on the products, it sounds like they all get you high. I don't want the high so I'm wondering if CBD would be better for me. What you're doing is way too involved for me but I'm curious what company you order from so can you post it? I want easy which I'm sure will cost more lol With the CBD article, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the top 3 had the best product.

I have a failed lumbar fusion. I guess I should contact my doctor to make sure I wouldn't test dirty with either product.

The Mama Munchies mentioned has a website for the edibles, very easy to just hit submit on the order. Any idea how long it stays in your system?

Best Delta 8 THC Carts: Top D8 Vape Cartridges Review (2021) - 4/16/21 8:00am

Quote:
Prefilled delta 8 THC cartridges are among the most desired forms of this cannabinoid.

They’re easy to use (even if you haven’t vaped before), incorporate into your existing device, and best of all — they are legal in the USA.

At least theoretically.

Today, we’ll explore delta 8 THC cartridges top to bottom, including the top 3 brands to check out if you’re looking for high-grade delta 8 THC vapes, and information on the legality and safety of these products where you live.

Top 3 Delta 8 THC Cartridges for 2021

Area52 Delta 8 Vape Cartridges
Finest Labs Delta 8 Vape Cartridges
Delta Effex Cartridges

11 Best CBD Companies to Buy From in 2021: Honest Reviews & Guide - 4/09/21 7:00am

Last edited by Roselvr; 04-17-2021 at 07:52 AM..

Old 04-17-2021, 02:35 PM

645 posts, read 1,540,483 times
[quote=Roselvr;60842213]

Just from what I read on the products, it sounds like they all get you high. I don't want the high so I'm wondering if CBD would be better for me. What you're doing is way too involved for me but I'm curious what company you order from so can you post it? I want easy which I'm sure will cost more lol With the CBD article, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the top 3 had the best product.

Well, when taken in sufficient quantities D8 will definitely get you 'high', but as I mention the 'high' is far more clear-headed, focused, and many find uplifting and envigorating. Considering the low cost of D8, maybe give it a try with a low dose, and see for yourself?

I have a failed lumbar fusion. I guess I should contact my doctor to make sure I wouldn't test dirty with either product.

More than likely you would test positive for THC metabolites, just as you would with D9. CBD/CBG/CBN not so much.

I have no first-hand experience with the companies mentioned in the links. I do however have a friend who really enjoys D8 products from www.3chi.com... Maybe see if anything they have in CBD would make for a good fit.

I have bought hemp flowers from www.tweedlefarms.com to make my own CBD products, and find them very reputable. They have a nice assortment of CBD products you might like too.

Some places like www.loudhousehemp.com and others will compound custom CBD/D8 formulations which can be really nice once you find what works, and at what ratio.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Just from what I read on the products, it sounds like they all get you high. I don't want the high so I'm wondering if CBD would be better for me. What you're doing is way too involved for me but I'm curious what company you order from so can you post it? I want easy which I'm sure will cost more lol With the CBD article, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the top 3 had the best product.
Well, when taken in sufficient quantities D8 will definitely get you 'high', but as I mention the 'high' is far more clear-headed, focused, and many find uplifting and envigorating. Considering the low cost of D8, maybe give it a try with a low dose, and see for yourself?

More than likely you would test positive for THC metabolites, just as you would with D9. CBD/CBG/CBN not so much.

I have no first-hand experience with the companies mentioned in the links. I do however have a friend who really enjoys D8 products from www.3chi.com... Maybe see if anything they have in CBD would make for a good fit.

I have bought hemp flowers from www.tweedlefarms.com to make my own CBD products, and find them very reputable. They have a nice assortment of CBD products you might like too.

Some places like www.loudhousehemp.com and others will compound custom CBD/D8 formulations which can be really nice once you find what works, and at what ratio.

Thanks Jay. I'll check out your links the next time I sit down. I'm very interested in trying some. Edibles sound good so I can take a little to see what it does. Just have to make sure my 8 year old grandson doesn't see them lol

I also have to ask my pain management doctor if she prescribes. Keep forgetting.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:48 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
This thread is the first I've heard of Delta 8 as opposed to the usual legal cannabis discussions. I've ordered some gummies from one of the recommended sites & will be interested if it helps with some mild pain & sleep issues that have arisen this year.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:47 PM

645 posts, read 1,540,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks Jay. I'll check out your links the next time I sit down. I'm very interested in trying some. Edibles sound good so I can take a little to see what it does. Just have to make sure my 8 year old grandson doesn't see them lol

I also have to ask my pain management doctor if she prescribes. Keep forgetting.
Sounds great, hoping the best for you, and very smart to keep them out of reach of your grandson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
This thread is the first I've heard of Delta 8 as opposed to the usual legal cannabis discussions. I've ordered some gummies from one of the recommended sites & will be interested if it helps with some mild pain & sleep issues that have arisen this year.
Fantastic! I hope you will come back to share your experience so we can all gain some more knowledge. Thanks, and if new to THC start low mg, and give it time to gauge the effects. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Sounds great, hoping the best for you, and very smart to keep them out of reach of your grandson.

I liked one of those sites you gave, they had a good supply. Now I have to speak to pain management before I order anything.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:22 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
FWIW, I was scrolling back through old threads and found this. I picked up some D8 gummies that are 25mg D8 THC apiece a couple weeks back.

I have never been much of a D9/standard weed smoker. It's just too harsh - I have asthma, and the "head high" comes and goes fairly quickly. I don't live in a legal state, so what I can get varies. Anything other than flower is hard to come by, and most D9 edibles are just too strongly dosed for me.

I've been really impressed so far. I had been taking a full spectrum hemp oil tincture to help with sleep for a long time now, but one D8 gummy about an hour before bedtime hits the spot and I'm out like a light. I'm a fairly light sleeper and have some trouble staying asleep, but with D8, I am usually sleeping a good four to six hours without interruption.

25 mg gives me a relaxed feeling, while 50 mg is a heavier, "full body" high. I'm a pretty big guy, and I wouldn't recommend more than 25 mg (if that) for someone who has never used cannabis products or is smaller. Personally, I prefer edibles to flower, as I prefer the "full body" high to the "head" high of smoking.

Each gummy was about $1.20, so it's a "cheap high." I think the "diet weed" moniker is about the best descriptor I've seen - you do get a high, similar to D-9 (just not as intense). I don't get the "head rush" I do on D-9.

One thing that I've heard people using D-8 for is to help cut back on alcohol consumption. I have not used that many of the gummies, but each time I have (including last night), I've had no urge to drink at all. I'm much more relaxed and D-8 seems to take the nervous edge off that I'd usually use alcohol for. I've struggled to cut back on alcohol consumption over the years, and while substituting D-8 for alcohol is probably just "switching crutches," I'd much rather be using D-8 than alcohol, for numerous reasons.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:44 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
This forum is the first I've heard about Delta-8. I've tried CBD tincture to help with chronic pain due to both knees being bone on bone and it did nothing for me. I ordered the D8 gummies and was pretty amazed at how well they worked to achieve the complete body relaxation and pain free feeling that I was looking for. Slept well, too.

The only downside is the foggy, headache-y feeling the next day. Kind of like a hangover. I don't think I'll stop taking them, though, and plant to stock up before these products get banned. I fully expect some do-gooder politician to introduce a bill to do just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness