Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 06:51 PM

525 posts, read 340,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
My kids never said I was disabled because of my farts

As for kidney disease, depends on stage

Embarrassment is not a disability

at a point when it's chronic farts it should become a disability. Imagine living like this. I lost my last 2 jobs due to this. I am close to losing this one. I have no social life. No friends. I can't date or have a girlfriend. This is physically and psychologically tormenting. It's also exhausting having to push so hard to go to the bathroom. I lose a lot of energy. Not only that but this condition is making my kidney disease worse by increasing my blood pressure and preventing me from taking medications for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 08:19 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times
It sounds mentally exhausting to me.

Old 04-30-2021, 03:29 AM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
Pelvic Floor Dyssynergia- Chronic Constipation and uncontrollable gas which can be heard by others. I feel tired and it's hard to concentrate due to chronic kidney disease which was caused by genetic high blood pressure I had since age 12. I can't take high blood pressure medications because it makes my already chronic constipation/gas problem even worse than it is. Just by having this condition alone makes it difficult to maintain a job due to embarrassment and problems with being in the bathroom longer than I should. I already lost my last 2 jobs due to this problem. I am close to losing this job. I already spoke with several doctors about this condition and they just said nothing can be done even after biofeedback/physical therapy failed. Now my kidney disease just keeps getting worse and I can't do anything about it. I can only take the medication if I am not working since I won't have to be around people as much and I can have gas all day in my bedroom without being embarrassed and can take my time in the bathroom.
Maybe you need a different kind of job? In a big warehouse or place where you are not close to other co-workers? Or work from home?
Or something outdoors like landscaping, park and recreations, farm etc?

Old 04-30-2021, 10:52 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Take your medical paper trail to a specialized disability lawyer. You never know, it might qualify, but they can tell you for sure, and don't waste time trying to do it yourself.

This sounds horrible; I am so sorry for you. Here I am, feeling sorry for myself, but you are suffering much worse. And trying to work too...

DH has said his mother suffered from intestinal issues and had no outdoor life as she had to be near a bathroom at all times...

Old 04-30-2021, 12:44 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,855,263 times
There is an article about this from The Cleveland Clinic:
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...or-dysfunction

It refers to a few treatments that you did not mention, and it also discusses

the issue of Social Security disability.

Also, something from The Mayo Clinic:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-p...n/mac-20431390

Old 05-05-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post

I already did biofeedback/physical therapy with the only 2 therapists in my area and one has over 20 years of experience and it didn't work.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post

I already did biofeedback/physical therapy with the only 2 therapists in my area and one has over 20 years of experience and it didn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness