Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 07:42 PM

525 posts, read 339,725 times

Advertisements

Pelvic Floor Dyssynergia- Chronic Constipation and uncontrollable gas which can be heard by others. I feel tired and it's hard to concentrate due to chronic kidney disease which was caused by genetic high blood pressure I had since age 12. I can't take high blood pressure medications because it makes my already chronic constipation/gas problem even worse than it is. Just by having this condition alone makes it difficult to maintain a job due to embarrassment and problems with being in the bathroom longer than I should. I already lost my last 2 jobs due to this problem. I am close to losing this job. I already spoke with several doctors about this condition and they just said nothing can be done even after biofeedback/physical therapy failed. Now my kidney disease just keeps getting worse and I can't do anything about it. I can only take the medication if I am not working since I won't have to be around people as much and I can have gas all day in my bedroom without being embarrassed and can take my time in the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 08:56 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times
Nah

Old 04-22-2021, 12:29 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
You may be able to claim disability due to your chronic kidney issues. You need the medication, but your work makes it difficult for you to take it whilst at work, and your boss is upset at the amount of time spent in the restroom.

I would call your company's occupational health and ask some questions and go from there. Good luck!

Old 04-22-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
You may be able to claim disability due to your chronic kidney issues. You need the medication, but your work makes it difficult for you to take it whilst at work, and your boss is upset at the amount of time spent in the restroom.

I would call your company's occupational health and ask some questions and go from there. Good luck!
More upset about not going to work a lot of days. I have to take linzess and that only works if I take it after a long time of not eating and have to be in bathroom for 1 hour and 30 mins and later have to go again. This can happen again any time in 5 hours. Imagine crapping yourself in front of people.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:46 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
For what purpose are you asking? Either way you probably need to discuss with your doctor. Qualifying for SSI vs getting reasonable accommodations at your current employer (if any exist) vs applying for federal jobs under Schedule A Disability all may have somewhat different requirements.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
For what purpose are you asking? Either way you probably need to discuss with your doctor. Qualifying for SSI vs getting reasonable accommodations at your current employer (if any exist) vs applying for federal jobs under Schedule A Disability all may have somewhat different requirements.
Already did. He said he won't excuse me from work but at the same time it's hard to keep a job when everyone is laughing at you for having farting a lot.

Old 04-22-2021, 11:52 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
More upset about not going to work a lot of days. I have to take linzess and that only works if I take it after a long time of not eating and have to be in bathroom for 1 hour and 30 mins and later have to go again. This can happen again any time in 5 hours. Imagine crapping yourself in front of people.
Well, since I have an ileostomy I do not have to imagine your scenario. I have absolutely no control over what is left of my intestines and every horrific thing possible has happened multiple times.

You can either try to continue to work or pursue disability. You should ask your Dr. or occupational health as that is where you will get the best advice.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:11 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
May I inquire what your gastro-enterologist suggested?

Old 04-29-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
May I inquire what your gastro-enterologist suggested?

The second GI doctor referred me to an anal rectum surgeon who ordered a pelvic floor ultrasound which should I have pelvic floor dyssynergia (anal sphincter muscles not relaxed) which means I have chronic constipation then went to biofeedback/physical therapy and saw the only 2 physical therapists in my area, one with 20 years of experience. It didn't work. GI doctors said nothing else that can be done other than take linzess which helps sometimes but only temporarily but means I have to be in the bathroom for a long time like 1 hour and 30 minutes and have to pee a lot since I have to drink a lot of water for it to work. I still have to go back to the bathroom later.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:57 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
Pelvic Floor Dyssynergia- Chronic Constipation and uncontrollable gas which can be heard by others. I feel tired and it's hard to concentrate due to chronic kidney disease which was caused by genetic high blood pressure I had since age 12. I can't take high blood pressure medications because it makes my already chronic constipation/gas problem even worse than it is. Just by having this condition alone makes it difficult to maintain a job due to embarrassment and problems with being in the bathroom longer than I should. I already lost my last 2 jobs due to this problem. I am close to losing this job. I already spoke with several doctors about this condition and they just said nothing can be done even after biofeedback/physical therapy failed. Now my kidney disease just keeps getting worse and I can't do anything about it. I can only take the medication if I am not working since I won't have to be around people as much and I can have gas all day in my bedroom without being embarrassed and can take my time in the bathroom.

My kids never said I was disabled because of my farts

As for kidney disease, depends on stage

Embarrassment is not a disability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness