Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 05:48 PM

525 posts, read 339,297 times

Advertisements

I am enrolled in an assistance program for my medication since I make below a certain salary and that's why I qualify to get free medication. The doctor filled out the form last year and so did I. But 2 weeks ago I went to him to get a refill and he gave me a written prescription. Then I told him I am enrolled in a program and all they have to do is just call to order the medication again. He got mad and said why I am getting it for free then I had to remind him but he was still mad. Why does it matter to him whether I get the medication for free or not? I paid for my appointment with him so he got paid. Do doctors also get paid every time they prescribe medication to someone? I thought it was a nurse who used to work there that was giving me problems with medication but it turns out it's the doctor. Even after I told him about being enrolled and getting free medication he still gave me a written prescription. Now it turns out these fools never even called for a refill like the nurse said she would. He wants to get even richer by getting paid for prescribing me medication? If this is the case then he must be really greedy when it comes to money because the average salary for a GI doctor a year is almost $400,000. I just found out that for the first time they are allowing patients to call to order a refill. Before it required the doctor's office to do it, but not anymore. So I will still get my medication whether the nurse called or not. This doctor is a complete idiot. I only go there to get my medication. They can't get anything right. It's not that hard. When I went there I already had my primary doctor send them lab results. I even confirmed that they faxed it to them and this other doctor's office confirmed they received it. Then when I go there the nurse is in a panic looking for the lab results they couldn't find. I had to show the doctor the results by phone. He said I met the requirement to continue taking the medication. But like I said these fools never even called to order a refill. I checked today and had to order it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 09:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,398,938 times
Of course you can call in your own refill. Any patient can call in their own refill, as long as there are refills allowed on the prescription. You don't need your doctor for that, you never did.

What you need the doctor for is to reNEW your prescription. Once you've run out of refills, the doctor has to authorize a new set of them.

Old 04-28-2021, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Of course you can call in your own refill. Any patient can call in their own refill, as long as there are refills allowed on the prescription. You don't need your doctor for that, you never did.

What you need the doctor for is to reNEW your prescription. Once you've run out of refills, the doctor has to authorize a new set of them.

I did need my doctor to call before for the assistant program which is how I always get my medication. Even if it was sent to a pharmacy I would have to call for a refill since he only limits it to 1 time medication then pharmacy has to call him for a refill. Only until this year assistant program is allowing patients to do it themselves...

Old 04-28-2021, 02:31 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
I am enrolled in an assistance program for my medication since I make below a certain salary and that's why I qualify to get free medication. The doctor filled out the form last year and so did I. But 2 weeks ago I went to him to get a refill and he gave me a written prescription. Then I told him I am enrolled in a program and all they have to do is just call to order the medication again. He got mad and said why I am getting it for free then I had to remind him but he was still mad. Why does it matter to him whether I get the medication for free or not? I paid for my appointment with him so he got paid. Do doctors also get paid every time they prescribe medication to someone? I thought it was a nurse who used to work there that was giving me problems with medication but it turns out it's the doctor. Even after I told him about being enrolled and getting free medication he still gave me a written prescription. Now it turns out these fools never even called for a refill like the nurse said she would. He wants to get even richer by getting paid for prescribing me medication? If this is the case then he must be really greedy when it comes to money because the average salary for a GI doctor a year is almost $400,000. I just found out that for the first time they are allowing patients to call to order a refill. Before it required the doctor's office to do it, but not anymore. So I will still get my medication whether the nurse called or not. This doctor is a complete idiot. I only go there to get my medication. They can't get anything right. It's not that hard. When I went there I already had my primary doctor send them lab results. I even confirmed that they faxed it to them and this other doctor's office confirmed they received it. Then when I go there the nurse is in a panic looking for the lab results they couldn't find. I had to show the doctor the results by phone. He said I met the requirement to continue taking the medication. But like I said these fools never even called to order a refill. I checked today and had to order it myself.

If it was me, I'd change docs!

Old 04-28-2021, 03:03 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
If it was me, I'd change docs!
Agree. Sounds as if the relationship you have with this practice isn't a great one OP. You constantly complain about everything they do. Don't waste energy getting mad OP! Find a new MD and have your records forwarded.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:13 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,245,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Agree. Sounds as if the relationship you have with this practice isn't a great one OP. You constantly complain about everything they do. Don't waste energy getting mad OP! Find a new MD and have your records forwarded.
+1.

this the THIRD kidney doc i think...

Old 04-29-2021, 07:29 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,595,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

this the THIRD kidney doc i think...
Post says it’s a G.I. not a nephrologist or urologist.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:07 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,245,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Post says it’s a G.I. not a nephrologist or urologist.
My bad. OP has multi illnesses and docs.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
My bad. OP has multi illnesses and docs.

maybe you should stick with just reading one of my posts instead of all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness