Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 11:36 PM

12 posts, read 13,701 times

Advertisements

Vertigo, balance problem, dizziness, spinning. Anyone experience? Can you share your story, how did you help your symptoms and did you take any medications?

Mine is so weird, like out of no where, normal day of sleeping, then in my sleep I feel unbalance then I open my eyes and the light on the ceiling was move left and right, like a boat hit by waves. Nope, the light didn't spin in circles, but it was like a balance issue, like it moving horizontally.
ok, maybe that also dizziness, but a different type? Not all dizziness means spinning in circles right?

Since wake up till tonight, so a day, I been having balance issue, like when I walk I can feel that it not balance. I try take a nap but then wake up again with the unbalance light moving horizontally again.

Yes, I took my blood pressure, normal. I took my oximeter my blood oxygen was normal, so was my heartrate. Yes, I prick my finger for sugar test and it was 82, which is normal sugar (no diabetes history here).
NO vomit yet. And no fever at all.

So something is wrong, maybe the fluid in my eyes is unbalance or my head is unbalance somehow.

However 2 days ago I did suffer a day of violent sneezing (I was outside all day and something in the air trigger my sneeze to go off violently). I sneeze so much that half my head hurt (strangely it is this right side that cause me to have the vertigo).
However 2 days ago I did took a pill of Claritin and the sneezing is gone since.

It so weird, I never have this happen to me before.
I wait till one more day and then go to doctor. But then blood pressure, oximeter, sugar level all come out normal. What could cause this? Maybe a nerve pressing on my brain? Hope this go away, getting scare. It so weird that things move but not in circle, but like horizontally moving left right left right. I guess it another form of dizziness? I think it some balance issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 12:35 AM

4,417 posts, read 4,945,285 times
My wife has that. It started infrequently but over time became more and more frequent. She was eventually diagnosed with Meniere's disease, but a more common cause that they ruled out is BPPV, which is easily treated with exercises to relocate the calcium deposits out of the inner ear.

The symptoms you are experiencing can be treated with Dramamine. They have a "less sedating" formula the wife has used that helps her symptoms without ruining her day with sedation, but to solve the underlying cause you need to see a doctor.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:47 AM

12 posts, read 13,701 times
I look up and it said Meniere it also have ringing in ears and hearing loss? Well I sure don't have that.
Does your wife any other symptoms? Is CT head needed?

Will go to doctor it just I want to give it another day or so. I'm still having problem with balance right now, and it been a day already. It just so weird when you think of dizziness you think of it spins in circles right? Mine not spin in circles, but it moving left right left right horizontally like a boat that got hit by waves.

Thank you for your advice/input. Appreciated.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:44 AM

4,417 posts, read 4,945,285 times
She doesn't have ringing in the ears and hearing loss is unknown. She has been on the waiting list to get into an audiologist and ENT for over two months and her appointment for both is in September. Unfortunately, that's not unusual in rural Hawaii.

The insurance company HSMA denied the CT ordered by the PCP. We will probably switch back to our previous insurer during the next open season because they never did such nonsense.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:16 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,719,915 times
The movements mean your eyes are moving involuntarily. Usually if you go see a doctor, they can look at your eyes and will be able to tell it is happening. It can mean you have a problem in your ear or have something to do with medications. I’ve had occasions where I had it a day or two and it went away and other occasions where it was clearly related to my ear and would keep happening over a season. If it is your ear, there are some head maneuvers a doctor can teach you to do to stop it.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:33 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,219,948 times
First, go to your doctor and find out if you have mild positioning vertigo or something more serious. If they tell you it is mild vertigo here are some exercises that can help you (they helped me a few years ago):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-UYhAk6tA

Old 05-28-2021, 06:26 AM

3,126 posts, read 2,087,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcup View Post
Vertigo, balance problem, dizziness, spinning. Anyone experience? Can you share your story, how did you help your symptoms and did you take any medications?

Mine is so weird, like out of no where, normal day of sleeping, then in my sleep I feel unbalance then I open my eyes and the light on the ceiling was move left and right, like a boat hit by waves. Nope, the light didn't spin in circles, but it was like a balance issue, like it moving horizontally.
ok, maybe that also dizziness, but a different type? Not all dizziness means spinning in circles right?

Since wake up till tonight, so a day, I been having balance issue, like when I walk I can feel that it not balance. I try take a nap but then wake up again with the unbalance light moving horizontally again.

Yes, I took my blood pressure, normal. I took my oximeter my blood oxygen was normal, so was my heartrate. Yes, I prick my finger for sugar test and it was 82, which is normal sugar (no diabetes history here).
NO vomit yet. And no fever at all.

So something is wrong, maybe the fluid in my eyes is unbalance or my head is unbalance somehow.

However 2 days ago I did suffer a day of violent sneezing (I was outside all day and something in the air trigger my sneeze to go off violently). I sneeze so much that half my head hurt (strangely it is this right side that cause me to have the vertigo).
However 2 days ago I did took a pill of Claritin and the sneezing is gone since.

It so weird, I never have this happen to me before.
I wait till one more day and then go to doctor. But then blood pressure, oximeter, sugar level all come out normal. What could cause this? Maybe a nerve pressing on my brain? Hope this go away, getting scare. It so weird that things move but not in circle, but like horizontally moving left right left right. I guess it another form of dizziness? I think it some balance issue.
The dizziness you describe could be dehydration since you've ruled out blood sugar. Claritin and other antihistamines dry you out. You can rule out dehydration as a cause yourself ... try drinking a lot more water, get some gatorade to restore electrolytes (I know it's nasty but better than being dehydrated). Drinking more water will help with your allergy too. If you rule this out and dizziness persists, see your doctor.

Last edited by SimplySagacious; 05-28-2021 at 06:38 AM..

Old 05-28-2021, 08:29 AM

3,486 posts, read 2,480,227 times
Could be any number of things. Hearing loss in one ear and not the other (or one ear worse than the other) can set you off-balance. Vertigo is not an illness. It's a symptom of an illness. Hearing problems are a common cause of vertigo. Dehydration, as SimplySagacious said, is another possibility. A growth in your brain could be the culprit. Astigmatism could cause it.

What is happening, is easy to understand. The why of it needs to be determined, and then you treat the why.

The what: you're experiencing vertigo. Basically, there's a gyroscope built in to your brain, that strives to keep you right-side up, and experiencing life in quadrophonic sound. If something causes that gyroscope to tilt just slightly the wrong way, it throws off your balance.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:05 AM

6,353 posts, read 4,958,951 times
Get to a doctor.

When it happened to me it turned out to be a brain tumor (vestibular shwannoma).

Old 05-28-2021, 11:36 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,994,149 times
That happens to me when I sleep on my right side. Took me a long time to figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness