Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 06:16 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,526,569 times

Advertisements

Once I think chives is the best thing since slice bread,I eat green chives sandwich,use it in cooking,make omelettel,I felt dizzy and can hardly walk a straight line,I guess chives lower my blood sugar level?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 06:58 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,009,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Get to a doctor.

When it happened to me it turned out to be a brain tumor (vestibular shwannoma).
AKA acoustic neuroma. Benign.

I had a head MRI for it. Turned out I didn't have one.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:12 PM

6,493 posts, read 6,703,346 times
I had similar symptoms 20+ years ago. Went to several doctors before getting a diagnosis of Vestibular Neuronitis. I did not have vomiting, which often happens with VN. I remember I was prescribed Antivert, but it gave me some bad side effects, so then I was prescribed Valium and something else that I forget.

https://www.healthline.com/health/vestibular-neuritis

Last edited by kayanne; 05-28-2021 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Add link

Old 05-28-2021, 08:08 PM

5,724 posts, read 4,322,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcup View Post
I'm going to try to sleep on the right side tonight and see what happened.

I really don't think you want to make it happen again. That's just dumb.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:39 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,949,097 times
If it's BPPV, try the Epley Maneuver. It's helped me tremendously a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4GV-EbnMfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZgUx9G0uEs

Old 05-29-2021, 07:46 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,621,271 times
If you want to try to self diagnose then I would try the epley maneuvers first. I have positional crystals in my ears that cause this. I know from self diagnosis because I can control and fix it. I never go see doctors, although I imagine they are in my future. however I spin like I'm slightly drunk, not side to side. It can happen to me simply by laying down in bed. Once I get those crystals back to where they belong it subsides, sometimes for months.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:34 PM

608 posts, read 518,329 times
I have been getting Vertigo for years now. I work as a Diver and The water gets down to about 54-55 degrees. I wear a good wetsuit with hood, but water still gets inside a bit and for me that's what causes it. I only get attacks during the coldest water temperatures in winter. The Epley maneuver is a big help to lessen the severity.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:56 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,533,791 times
Vestibular syndrome.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:46 AM

2,610 posts, read 2,203,383 times
.sparrow.... That's what my mom, husband and Aunt did I referred to in my post #14, the Epley manuver. I didn't know it's name.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:53 AM

15,002 posts, read 12,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcup View Post
Vertigo, balance problem, dizziness, spinning. Anyone experience? Can you share your story, how did you help your symptoms and did you take any medications?

Mine is so weird, like out of no where, normal day of sleeping, then in my sleep I feel unbalance then I open my eyes and the light on the ceiling was move left and right, like a boat hit by waves. Nope, the light didn't spin in circles, but it was like a balance issue, like it moving horizontally.
ok, maybe that also dizziness, but a different type? Not all dizziness means spinning in circles right?

Since wake up till tonight, so a day, I been having balance issue, like when I walk I can feel that it not balance. I try take a nap but then wake up again with the unbalance light moving horizontally again.

Yes, I took my blood pressure, normal. I took my oximeter my blood oxygen was normal, so was my heartrate. Yes, I prick my finger for sugar test and it was 82, which is normal sugar (no diabetes history here).
NO vomit yet. And no fever at all.

So something is wrong, maybe the fluid in my eyes is unbalance or my head is unbalance somehow.

However 2 days ago I did suffer a day of violent sneezing (I was outside all day and something in the air trigger my sneeze to go off violently). I sneeze so much that half my head hurt (strangely it is this right side that cause me to have the vertigo).
However 2 days ago I did took a pill of Claritin and the sneezing is gone since.

It so weird, I never have this happen to me before.
I wait till one more day and then go to doctor. But then blood pressure, oximeter, sugar level all come out normal. What could cause this? Maybe a nerve pressing on my brain? Hope this go away, getting scare. It so weird that things move but not in circle, but like horizontally moving left right left right. I guess it another form of dizziness? I think it some balance issue.
My mother complained of similar symptoms for m7any years. I don't know that she ever got an accurate diagnosis, she was told it might be Menniere's disease ( I know that isn't spelled right), or possibly another inner ear disorder. She was given some physical therapy, and exercises to improve her balance, and took dramamine to help the nausea and "spinning" effects she described. She thought this helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness