Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 05:19 AM

93 posts, read 49,733 times

Advertisements

I am taking a medication that says not to take with otc nsaids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 05:55 AM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Pretty sure Aminofen is the same as acetaminofen, just maybe a different form. Ask your doctor.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:29 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Pretty sure Aminofen is the same as acetaminofen, just maybe a different form. Ask your doctor.
Aminofen is acetaminophen. It's a trade name. So is Tylenol. As for using it along with an NSAID:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-a...ogether-189126

Google is your friend OP.

Old 08-24-2022, 04:04 PM

93 posts, read 49,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Aminofen is acetaminophen. It's a trade name. So is Tylenol. As for using it along with an NSAID:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-a...ogether-189126

Google is your friend OP.

I called my doctor and they didn't know. What the hell. I only want a yes or no answer so what you typed " As for using it along with an NSAID " is not a yes or no answer.

Old 08-24-2022, 05:32 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin2021 View Post
I called my doctor and they didn't know. What the hell. I only want a yes or no answer so what you typed " As for using it along with an NSAID " is not a yes or no answer.
This reply doesn't make much sense. Didn't know what? Whether Aminofen was an NSAID or whether you can safely take Aminofen and an NSAID together? I am shocked your doctor didn't know whether Aminofen was an NSAID or not. It isn't as already explained. It's an equivalent of Tylenol. Tylenol is not an NSAID.

As for your other question about combining an NSAID with Aminofen (or Tylenol for that matter), there isn't a yes or no answer because it isn't a yes or no question! If you only want to take both one time to relieve very intense pain for a few hours, the answer could be yes you can. If you want to take both every day for a month to relieve chronic pain, the answer would probably be no. The more you take over a longer period, the higher your risk of complications: stomach irritation, liver problems, etc. So sorry, but life doesn't tend to be that simple.

Old 08-24-2022, 05:33 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin2021 View Post
The title to your thread is:

"Is Aminofen a otc nsaids?"

The answer to that question is "no, it is not."

The previous poster was directing you (with a hyperlink) to a website that goes into detail explaining about taking acetaminophen with nsaids.

Aminofen is a brand name outside the USA for acetaminophen. The popular brand for that in the USA is Tylenol, but several manufacturers make it under different brand names.

nsaids is not a thing. NSAID (all caps) stands for Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug. N. S. A. I. D. A popular generic for that is ibuprofen, and a popular USA brand is Motrin.

You can mix the two, if directed to do so by your physician, and as long as you don't exceed the recommended dosage.

All of this information would have been available to you, had you clicked on the previous poster's link. Or done a google search.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:12 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,143,681 times
in the US there is actually an OTC product that contains APAP and ibuprofen (an NSAID)

https://www.advil.com/our-products/a...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 08-24-2022, 08:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Pharmacist…

Old 08-24-2022, 08:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
in the US there is actually an OTC product that contains APAP and ibuprofen (an NSAID)

https://www.advil.com/our-products/a...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yes
We have that—and use it
Not poison—and not something to use any time you want an analgesic

Old 08-24-2022, 09:06 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Pharmacist…

Right...lol...I don't think anyone knows what pharmacists are for anymore. They can do so much more than press labels on bottles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness