Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 06:53 AM

3,439 posts, read 2,417,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I didn't get any fever, and the soreness from the RSV shot was immediate. I have my doubts that a flu vaccine given mere seconds before the RSV vaccine was administered had such an immediate effect.

Guess I'll just have to find out if the above is true for me. If I get through the second week of January without contracting either the flu or RSV, I'm probably in the clear.
Or, if you end up with the flu or RSV, and whichever you get is mild, then the vaccines have probably done their job. These vaccines aren't immunizations. They reduce risk, and they reduce symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2023, 01:47 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
The easier vaccines against old known agents are pretty much over with. All the low hanging fruit has been taken. What is left are all old known agents that have either problems with safety or efficacy. Since they are old and problematic one needs to be cautious. I am glad that you are confident but it should be based on studies for which you are still involved with. There are pre-clinical studies and post release studies.

I am biased and come from an empirical science based background with experience in many new things being presented meant to replace old ways of doing things. There is many monetary incentives and scientific incentives in doing so. I have never been naive in simply accepting what manufacturers say. When the newest cell phone comes out nobody, especially not the manufacturer, is going to tell you that the battery blows up. That was found via experience. You need to be skeptical of representations being made about anything new. That is my conclusion based on my experience in evaluating many new testing kits, instruments and equipment used in the medical laboratory and actually comparing each to one another and trying to choose. This RSV is the first. Nothing to compare it to. Look at the diversity of the COVID vaccines.

Again all I am saying is that one needs to be skeptical and cautious when coming to any conclusions in dealing with vaccines that have been problematic for a reason in the past inclusive of the malaria vaccine.

"Mosquirix, the world’s first licensed malaria vaccine, was positively reviewed by the European Medicines Agency, but its use is being limited to pilot implementation, in part to evaluate outstanding safety concerns that emerged from previous clinical trials.

These were a rate of meningitis in those receiving Mosquirix 10 times that of those who did not, increased cerebral malaria cases, and a doubling in the risk of death (from any cause) in girls.

WHO says the study is a “pilot introduction” and not a “research activity” - and that those children living in areas randomised to receive the new vaccine will do so as part of each country’s routine vaccination schedule and that consent is “implied.”

An implied consent process means that recipients of the vaccine are not being informed that they are in a study."

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom...cal-standards/

The covid mRNA vaccines were safety tested by giving them to billions of people. Adverse events were mostly assumed to be coincidental. The AEs that were eventually admitted are assumed to be rare.

The reality is that there has been very little research on covid mRNA vaccine AEs, or post covid vaccine syndrome. One small study was done recently and found out that yes it does occur. Of course they say long vax is rare and covid infection is worse. But they have to say that. They have really no idea, since hardly any research has been done.

There was massive propaganda promoting the covid mRNA vaccines. They denied the technology is new, since mRNA genetic therapy was developed decades ago. But mRNA vaccines were never before used on healthy people.

The mRNA vaccine technology is a great money-maker for the drug industry, and is being called the greatest medical miracle. A Nobel prize went to the scientists who figured out how to genetically engineer the spike protein antigen to make it durable. Which means NO ONE KNOWS how long the mRNA can persist in the body. Nothing prevents it from getting into all organs, including the brain, and staying there indefinitely.

So why aren't more people concerned about this new and unproven vaccine technology? Maybe because the experts who have been concerned all along are labeled quacks and censored.

Old 12-04-2023, 02:29 PM

3,263 posts, read 5,004,124 times
I got the RSV vaccine (by itself) day before yesterday. It felt the same as a flu vaccine or a Covid vaccine. I've had very minimal after-effects -- very slght headache which was quickly relieved with a Tylenol. So pretty much a nothingburger so far.

I wasn't really planning to get the vaccine, but my daughter-the-scientist, who is VERY pro-vaccines, talked me into it. I had the flu shot and the Covid shot about a month ago.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:22 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
I got the Covid booster and flu shot on the same day. My son is is a pulmonologist/intensivist was on the fence on whether I should get the RSV vaccine. I decided to get it and received it about a week later. The only reaction from all three shots was a little soreness at the injection site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness