Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 09:42 AM

10,908 posts, read 7,397,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navia View Post
I already eat vegan.
Most foods that cause skin problems are plants. Maybe try an elimination diet to see if you can identify a source for your problem.

I've been doing a low FODMAP diet for digestive issues; gut problems can also cause skin issues.

High FODMAP vegan foods include beans, wheat, honey, some fruits (apples, peaches, other stone fruits), some nuts (cashews, pistachios), and some veggies (including my favorites, asparagus and broccoli!)

Old 10-23-2023, 09:58 AM

34 posts, read 29,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Most foods that cause skin problems are plants. Maybe try an elimination diet to see if you can identify a source for your problem.

I've been doing a low FODMAP diet for digestive issues; gut problems can also cause skin issues.

High FODMAP vegan foods include beans, wheat, honey, some fruits (apples, peaches, other stone fruits), some nuts (cashews, pistachios), and some veggies (including my favorites, asparagus and broccoli!)
I need to eat plants or I won't have many choices left and I have been eating vegetarian for 30 years now without a problem until a few years ago with eczema.

Old 10-23-2023, 11:25 AM

10,908 posts, read 7,397,769 times
Quote:
I need to eat plants or I won't have many choices left and I have been eating vegetarian for 30 years now without a problem until a few years ago with eczema.
Just a few plants cause problems; lots of others you can eat.

Our bodies can change over time. I used to be able to eat all the dairy I wanted, but not any more.

Old 10-23-2023, 11:58 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
If you suspect your doctor of doing that, switch doctors.

Lots of things have side effects, and it's up to us to determine whether the cure is worse than the disease.

I have psoriasis, and take a black box med. It works, and I've had no problems, but I could in the future.

You should always educate yourself on the side effects of your meds.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2023, 12:57 PM

They should call me Skin Freak or Skin Peeler. I have skin that looks like reptile skin. Now I am picking on it with a tweezers but it still doesn't go away. It's like permanent bumps that don't go away. It's disgusting to look it. I have at least 90% of my body covered in bumps, rashes, dark areas, light areas, scars, stretch marks... etc .. It's disgusting to look at that I get disgusted looking at myself nude. Gross.

Old 10-23-2023, 02:42 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
try to make patients' conditions worse or prescribe them medications that will cause them other conditions? I saw a dermatologist who prescribed me 3 different creams for eczema and lichen simplex chronicus. The first cream he prescribed me is called Opzelura. If you search online you will see a lot of people have sued this company because it caused them cancer and other stuff. Well, I didn't know this then I got sick for a couple of weeks and had to get antibiotics. I thought it was just a coincidence then I stopped and took it again months later only to be sick again but in another way that was rare. Then I stopped and that symptom went away. Then he prescribed me another cream that caused the skin to become thin and made stretch marks worse. Then he prescribed me another cream that caused freaking moles to appear and now I have 25 to 30 moles that weren't there before like that. I don't even remember having moles there. The dermatologist said I was born with them which is bs because I looked at pictures when I was younger and they don't appear there. It's called nevus spilus. I really just noticed them until this year because there are a lot of these moles. Well, I went online and it turns out the pimecrolimus cream is the one that can cause moles. And all three of these creams have a small chance of causing cancer. What the hell. So the doctor prescribed me these creams even though they have many negative side effects and there is a small chance of skin cancer. I even mentioned it to him that it says 1% chance of skin cancer for each of them. He said that it's not going to happen so I continued using it. I am not saying I have skin cancer but these freaking moles weren't like this before and like I said I never really have seen any moles there. If there were any it must have been a very few and nothing like how it is now. So that's the result of paying to see a dermatologist.

1. It didn't get rid of the itching or the scars or rashes or dark areas, etc... 2. One of them made me sick. 3. The other made my stretch marks worse. Then another caused 25 to 30 moles. So are these dermatologists trying to make patients skin conditions worse so they will develop a new problem so they will continue seeing them? Is this what they are taught in college to do or is this something they are told to do when they become dermatologists? Which one is it? or is it the manufacturers and doctors working together to accomplish this? Or is it the manufacturer that make these creams with all of these negative side effects so the patient will go back to the dermatologist so both of them can get rich off patients? Which one is it? Who can be sued for these negative side effects (I didn't say I am. I'm not rich enough to sue), the manufacturer or the dermatologist or both?
Any individual can react to any drug in any way.

No, your Dr was not trying to make you worse. You just had adverse effects. You have to deal with it, suing is not worth it

Old 10-23-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Any individual can react to any drug in any way.

No, your Dr was not trying to make you worse. You just had adverse effects. You have to deal with it, suing is not worth it
so I am supposed to live the rest of my life with these 30 moles that I didn't have before and not do anything about it? They can get worse. I feel like using a tweezers to peel these moles off but I'm not going to do it because it will bleed and that can lead to skin cancer, etc...

Last edited by Navia; 10-23-2023 at 03:09 PM..

Old 10-23-2023, 03:34 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
so I am supposed to live the rest of my life with these 30 moles that I didn't have before and not do anything about it? They can get worse. I feel like using a tweezers to peel these moles off but I'm not going to do it because it will bleed and that can lead to skin cancer, etc...
You can have moles removed. If you keep picking at your skin you'll only make matters worse.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2023, 03:35 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
This story from a brand new poster about a disfiguring skin condition that no one can cure sounds quite familiar.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-23-2023 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-23-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
This story from a brand new poster about a disfiguring skin condition that no one can cure sounds quite familiar.
I just scratched with my nails due to the itching and now my skin is bleeding. I don't care about the bleeding. I only care how it look like. And there are areas where I don't scratch at all and I get new bumps every day so it has nothing to do with scratching. I just got 50 new bumps today in areas where I don't even scratch. What the hell. This is depressing me now. The only thing new I did was try another anti itch cream over the counter. Unless I am getting bumps simply by being pissed off about my skin being ugly. I just scratched more just for being pissed off at my ugly skin.

Last edited by Navia; 10-23-2023 at 04:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.