Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

I made the switch to a small wallet with a magnetic money clip and it stays in my front pocket. Just big enough for some credit cards and a drivers license. No more big wallet in my hip pocket. I had the same problem while driving and I haven't had it since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 06:32 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarmi6251 View Post
Anyone else experience this? It first hit me about 2 months ago while driving to the beach. The pain starts in my right butt cheek and runs all the way down to my foot while driving. It can start as quickly as 5 minutes into a drive. I'm reduced to driving with cruise control as much as possible and bending the leg to alleviate the pain.Is this something for a chiropractor? Ortho surgeon? Thanks!
I so have the same type of pain and it is sciatic nerve problems. It can also happen at will just sitting at the dinner table. Go see your regular doctor first. If he/she feels you should be seeing a Chiropractor or an Ortho Surgeon then that's what I would do. I was told to lose weight, take an anti-inflammatory for the pain and should it worsen, then see an Ortho doctor...not necessarily a surgeon but at least someone who specializes in problems like this. Good luck with this. I know the pain can be intolerable at times...but do go to your primary care physician first.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
Try taking Ester-C for sciatica nerve pain.....I talk about this all the time on the health form. Ester-C has bioflavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties. I no longer have sciatica nerve pain!!!! This is a wonder vitamin for me. It's very, very affordable! A bottle of 300 costs me around $14. I take anywhere from 4000 to 5000mg. a day. I am a 42 year old female. The amount of mg you should take will vary from person to person, so you will have to experiment. I'd give it a month to get in your system and get working. Start out with 1000mg a day and work your way up until you get the results you need. If you get the runs, back off a bit until your body gets use to the C.

I can't tout this stuff enough....it's been a wonderful discovery and I am now pain free. I have had sciatica nerve problems since my early 20's- an ex-gymnast, which is probably how I got the injury. It's so great to be able to do all the yard work I need to do and not have to stop because my nerve pain is unbearable. It has really improved my quality of life.

There are no side effects to taking Ester-C that I know of. You can get this brand at Costco or Walmart or order online. Don't just take any Ester-C. I recommend the one with the orange label (American Health) or the one with the blue label. Here's a picture of the one I take:

Ester-C®

Dynamite stuff AND it's cured my allergies to boot! Amazing stuff!
How a minor dose of Vitamin C can cure all your ills is beyond me. I do 1000 mg. daily of C and have done for 30 years, do 10 mg. loratadine daily for allergies. Glad it works for you! There is no cure for my sciatica. I Grin & bear it.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,212,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
How a minor dose of Vitamin C can cure all your ills is beyond me. I do 1000 mg. daily of C and have done for 30 years, do 10 mg. loratadine daily for allergies. Glad it works for you! There is no cure for my sciatica. I Grin & bear it.
Bump up your Vitamin C intake- but it has to be Ester-C, and the brands I mentioned. My guess is you might be older than myself? You should be taking somewhere around 4000 to 5000mg of Ester-C. Try it, you have nothing to loose, it's very inexpensive, and there are no side effects that I know of to taking this product.

You missed a very important fact in my post as to why it works....

Ester-C (the products I showed you in my post)contain BIOFLAVONOIDS, WHICH HAVE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES IN THEM. It's the inflammation in the sciatica nerve that can cause the pain.

Taking Ester-C with the anit-inflammatory properties= less inflammation= less pain.

I did an experiment....I stopped taking Ester-C and discovered that my sciatica nerve pain came back, even if I wasn't doing anything to irritate my back. So I know it's the Ester-C. I've also noticed if I'm sick with a cold or some sort of crud, my sciatica nerve starts to flare up; once I bump up my C intake the pain goes away. I think what's happening is, my body is using the C to fight off the illness, so I therefore need more to address the sciatica nerve problem.

I've been taking Ester-C for about 2 years now.

Does that make sense??? I'm jumping up and down because I really want people to get this.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 10,824 times
My pain started when I got a new car (Toyota Sienna). I was talking with a friend who mentioned that she had the same pain from her Sienna. My old Sienna didn't bother me. It must be the new seat alignment or padding. It seems to hit my thigh just high of the knee. The pain goes to top of the thigh and the outer ankle.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:00 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymcg View Post
My pain started when I got a new car (Toyota Sienna). I was talking with a friend who mentioned that she had the same pain from her Sienna. My old Sienna didn't bother me. It must be the new seat alignment or padding. It seems to hit my thigh just high of the knee. The pain goes to top of the thigh and the outer ankle.
It's probably a combination of the seat & pedals. We rented a dodge which killed my back. The pedals were set different

Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 20,581 times
I drove for approx 5 hrs withja 15minute stop and suffer excrutiating leg pain, between knee and hip, this is still with me although a slight improvement after 3and half months.

Had all the x rays of knee /hip back/ leg and only slight wear and tear showing on hips (80yrs old) very fit apart from leg pain. Sometimes wakes me up through the night if I turn onto my side.

Any suggestions Scot

Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
I had a problem like that a few years ago but I think mine was just getting used to cruise control. I drove a '97 Geo Tracker from western Ky. to Scranton, Pa. Straight shift with no cruise. Made my first gas stop in Lexington and my next break was the W. Va. welcome center. Pushing that accelerator down on I-64 all the way through there, when I stopped and tried to stand up, my left leg just about collapsed on me! lol That's the only thing I could think had done it.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Well it has been two yrs this month that I had spinal surgery. Do not have the earlier pain/numbness in the right leg/thigh as in the past but now have a swelling/numbness of the leg and foot with uncontrollable twitching and movements of the three right toes.

My back feels fine but there might be some nerve pressure of sorts that cause the toes to move on their own.

Initally there was back pain but the scrapeing of the bones did help relieve some nerve pressure. Jut took time to heal in my case.

My swelling might be a kidney or liver problem...ekg shows no heart problems.

Thought I'd give an update since others may have had a similiar problem. Steve

Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 AM

2 posts, read 20,581 times
Thanks for your reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness