Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:29 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,718 times

Advertisements

I am a 38 D and a size 8-- I am going for my consultation next friday and am terribly nervous. Im more nervous about my husband reaction afterwards. It's because of the pain and stress on my neck that I am doing this-- not to mention clothing. It's hard to look cute when you are that huge and the rest of you is out of proportion.. one question?? Is a lift automatic? Im worried about that, mostly because of cost.. Im going to be so happy when Im small!!! Cute bathing suits that don't dig into me, and no more migranes!! (they are tension migranes)-- THen again, did anyone feel like the rest of them was "bigger' after their chest became smaller.. Id like to lose a few pounds and am afraid that once my chest shrinks, I'll appear bigger in the midsection-- or in the arms.. any input on this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I am a 38 D and a size 8-- I am going for my consultation next friday and am terribly nervous. Im more nervous about my husband reaction afterwards. It's because of the pain and stress on my neck that I am doing this-- not to mention clothing. It's hard to look cute when you are that huge and the rest of you is out of proportion.. one question?? Is a lift automatic? Im worried about that, mostly because of cost.. Im going to be so happy when Im small!!! Cute bathing suits that don't dig into me, and no more migranes!! (they are tension migranes)-- THen again, did anyone feel like the rest of them was "bigger' after their chest became smaller.. Id like to lose a few pounds and am afraid that once my chest shrinks, I'll appear bigger in the midsection-- or in the arms.. any input on this??
I responded earlier in this thread to the OP. I'm the one who had the December 1st breast reduction. I am quite a bit larger than you (i.e. size 16,) so I'm sure I have some extra 'fluff' on me. After the reduction, I felt like my belly was much more noticeable. Before surgery, my boobs projected out so far that clothes did not fit close to my belly. Now they do. Most people say I look thinner now because my breasts really were large before. And while I feel like my belly is more noticeable, it actually looks smaller because my shirts don't tent out anymore. So, because I can feel clothes on my upper abdomen, I think my belly is more noticeable, but in actuality, I look smaller. Does that all make sense?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:33 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,213,159 times
I'm 52, 40 F and really want to do this but I'm also quite overweight and and for years and years have been telling myself I'll get it done after I lose weight. Of course if I had got it done back when I said I would do it if I lost weight that was 50 pounds ago. But I don't want to look way out of proportion. I don't want to have a reduction, lose weight and have my new breasts sag.

Anyway - I hope it all went well and you report back (the original poster). The more experiences and data here the better.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 AM

6 posts, read 23,082 times
Default Breast Reduction

You've probably had 'them' done by now. Good choice.
You have to do what's right for you and not listen to anybody else. It will transform your life.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 7,119 times
I am 2 weeks post breast reduction. Nobody prepared me for the possibilities of the recovery problems I have experienced. I am in excellent health -do not drink or smoke, and I am a doctor. First post op week -- I developed severe muscle cramping in my neck and upper back; "hot flashes" (which I did not have during menopause). Also the underside of my breast tissue developed large open wounds that I have to treat with oinment and dressing changes. At week two these areas have not healed and are still open and oozing. Last night I developed mastitis in one breast. Although I am trying to get off the meds, I still need to take muscle relaxants and pain meds several times a day. Reflecting back on this decision, I would not do it again. And, I went to one of the top breast surgeons after much research. I was a 34DDDD prior to surgery -- I am guessing I am not a 34D.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:21 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurawestcoast View Post
I am 2 weeks post breast reduction. Nobody prepared me for the possibilities of the recovery problems I have experienced. I am in excellent health -do not drink or smoke, and I am a doctor. First post op week -- I developed severe muscle cramping in my neck and upper back; "hot flashes" (which I did not have during menopause). Also the underside of my breast tissue developed large open wounds that I have to treat with oinment and dressing changes. At week two these areas have not healed and are still open and oozing. Last night I developed mastitis in one breast. Although I am trying to get off the meds, I still need to take muscle relaxants and pain meds several times a day. Reflecting back on this decision, I would not do it again. And, I went to one of the top breast surgeons after much research. I was a 34DDDD prior to surgery -- I am guessing I am not a 34D.
I wish you well. I had a double mastectomy several years ago and have had my implants replaced several times. I don't heal well either.

But I will tell you the first few weeks are the worst. I always go through a short depression after undergoing surgery. The wounds will eventually heal and you will return to your normal routine. Hang in there, you will be glad once you can be yourself again.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,365 times
I totally agree with the poster before me - the first weeks are just awful. I'd have to say week 2 into week 3 was the worst for me. If you saw my post on the first page of this thread, you'll see what I went through. Until I was about at 8 weeks, I regretted having the surgery. Now I'm SOOOO happy I did it. It was hell those first weeks, but hang in there and it WILL get better, I promise.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 6,549 times
So am wondering how you start a new thread? ive never been on a forum before and am from New Zealand so the sizes are a lil confusing on here. I have been on the public waiting list for a reduation since november! not long and just found out im able to get it done next wednesday! I also was very large at a young age ie; i was a c cup at high school and im now 27 and have breast fed one child till the age of 1 and i went to a J cup i didnt even know that bras went this size! im only 5.7 and weigh 83kgs so a size 14 my boobs are about an inch above my belly button! I really want to get this op done however im scared as ever and i know however good the results are going to be im am still very afraid of being under anaestic and not having control of my breathing etc. Can someone please help me and or comfort me! I was hoping to go to a c cup also however my surgeon is recomending a d! i still think d i rather large! he said it may not be possible to go to a c from my very large size! So this is a lil disappointing. If anyone can offer advise that would be great! sounds like you all know what your talking about! since you have been through it!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
From J to C might involve more risk of glandular damage (remember it's not all fat under the skin there!). Plus you might have had a lot of muscle damage, which could have caused the stretching and sagging. Reducing you to a D, or even somewhere between D & E, might be perfect to get you into a shape that prepares you for the -rest- of your reduction. And the rest of it, is done by you, through exercise. To tighten up and re-strengthen the muscles that probably got damaged and stretched. Also, you weigh 185 pounds (83kg). That puts you very clearly in the "obese" category. Your chest -should- reflect that, to be proportional. Assume you'll lose around 6-8 pounds off the chest for the surgery. Once you're healed and allowed to exercise again, you'll need to lose another 30 pounds (14kg) and tone all of you, not just your chest. It'll not only look better, it'll feel better. And that's the most important thing when you have a young child.

It'll be a long haul, but if all goes well, it'll be well worth it.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:18 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,176,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tans84 View Post
So am wondering how you start a new thread? ive never been on a forum before and am from New Zealand so the sizes are a lil confusing on here. I have been on the public waiting list for a reduation since november! not long and just found out im able to get it done next wednesday! I also was very large at a young age ie; i was a c cup at high school and im now 27 and have breast fed one child till the age of 1 and i went to a J cup i didnt even know that bras went this size! im only 5.7 and weigh 83kgs so a size 14 my boobs are about an inch above my belly button! I really want to get this op done however im scared as ever and i know however good the results are going to be im am still very afraid of being under anaestic and not having control of my breathing etc. Can someone please help me and or comfort me! I was hoping to go to a c cup also however my surgeon is recomending a d! i still think d i rather large! he said it may not be possible to go to a c from my very large size! So this is a lil disappointing. If anyone can offer advise that would be great! sounds like you all know what your talking about! since you have been through it!
To start a new thread, go to the top of the Heath Forum page and click on the spot over to your left that says, "New Thread'

Take you doctor's advice about size. It's one thing to reduce fatty tissue and skin and it's quite another to actually mess around with the mammary glands and blood supply.

One word of caution, my sister-in law had her's done, but she didn't change eating habits. She soon became just as big as ever. I guess some women just gain weight in the boobs rather than all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness