Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:49 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples&Oranges View Post
Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America.

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America | Mail Online

A warning that the new swine flu jab is linked to a deadly nerve disease has been sent by the Government to senior neurologists in a confidential letter. . . .
Should neurologists be receiving this letter from the U.S. Gov't, FDA - which is the US Gov., but a tad different, or private industry?

Oh, I just happened to be in the state that has the HIGHEST death rate per capita of any. A lot of things are easy to say one will or won't do; however, when someone you love or a colleague is ill and an entire side of a large hospital has isolation rooms of H1N1 patients, you may rethink your decisions.

I'm not saying either way what people should or should not do. That is an issue for each person and his/her physician to discuss, as certain risk factors may be too high.

Some may be surprised what individual state forums have written them as standing threads as situations were changing almost daily when A/H1N1 first broke out in the U.S.

Thanks,

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM

481 posts, read 806,521 times
Here is research showing that cranberry juice inhibits influenza virus adhesion to host cells. I'm going to keep 100% cranberry juice on hand.

Cranberry juice constituents affect influenza viru...[Antiviral Res. 2005] - PubMed Result

Old 08-16-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Should neurologists be receiving this letter from the U.S. Gov't, FDA - which is the US Gov., but a tad different, or private industry?

MSR
The letters were from the Health Protection Agency, the official body that oversees public health in the U.K.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html#ixzz0OOYpiiBD

Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples&Oranges View Post
With flu vaccines?
Yes, with influenza vaccines. Old news. This is from 2005:http://www.ebglaw.com/files/16352_he...ne-5-26-05.pdf

Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Here is a study showing elderberry extract is effective against influenza A and B virus infections. We always keep this on hand and have used it many times successfully. If you catch the flu at the very start, it will knock it back in just 24 hours.

Randomized study of the efficacy and safety of ora...[J Int Med Res. 2004 Mar-Apr] - PubMed Result

Old 08-16-2009, 07:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Why the rush to vaccinate?

We are exposed to some flu virus all the time. Come flu season about 36,000 in the US die from flu. Swine flu deaths do not even approach that number.

With 'regular' seasonal flu inoculations are recommended for those most at risk - the very young, the ill, the elderly. Why, with this less dangerous flu, should everyone get vaccinated, and why all of a sudden are we being told those over 55 years need not get it (ostensibly because these folks have already been exposed and probably have resistance)_.

I would like to hear some elaboration on why the panic to vaccinate everyone and why/how this virus was around 55 years ago which makes the older folks resistant - and I have heard that many times the resistance from exposure wears out over time.

Exactly why is the media and medical profession panicking over this particular strain?

Leaking out lies and partial truths only has conspiracy nuts going haywire, from saying it is only a stimulus for the drug companies to saying this virus was the one that leaked out from a lab while being transported and mutates very rapidly and can easily turn more deadly.

Others say there is something dangerous in the vaccine which is why a law was passed which make drug companies impossible to sue if people become ill or permanently damaged from the new vaccine.

Before we take ANYTHING that is expected to be harmful enough that the government took away our right of redress through the courts - we deserve to know EXACTLY what we are fighting and why all the fuss over something that seems almost benign at the moment.

Why inoculate everyone? The virus has hit cities like New York. Chances are most New Yorkers were recently exposed to it and overcame it, so they have a natural resistance, no?

There are SO many issues concerning this topic and all I see in most forums are questions and answers designed for 2nd graders or someone who just landed in the mother ship.

People really deserve to be treated better if the medical profession is asking them to take a risky vaccine.
The panic is that people aren't smart enough to realize that this is a FABRICATED pandemic designed to MAKE MONEY for the VACCINE manufacturers....and buy into it and suffer irreparable damage and even death if they expose themselves to the dangers of the side effects of the vaccine. During the last swine flu "pandemic" 500 people immediately died from the vaccine in 1976. If people did their research they would avoid any and all vaccines both for themselves, their children and their pets.

Look at what is in ALL vaccines:

Do you want latex, anti-freeze, formadehyde and aluminum in YOUR blood stream? Is there any way shape or form you could possibly imagine even remotely any possible advantage to having this in your body?????? the answer is : NO WAY and therefore you'll want to avoid any and all vaccinations.

The evidence is all available at www.brainguardmd.com under the "vaccine truths" sections (scroll down the main page on the right) where all you doubters can link to all the proof you need.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:42 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The panic is that people aren't smart enough to realize that this is a FABRICATED pandemic designed to MAKE MONEY for the VACCINE manufacturers....and buy into it and suffer irreparable damage and even death if they expose themselves to the dangers of the side effects of the vaccine. During the last swine flu "pandemic" 500 people immediately died from the vaccine in 1976. If people did their research they would avoid any and all vaccines both for themselves, their children and their pets.

Look at what is in ALL vaccines:

Do you want latex, anti-freeze, formadehyde and aluminum in YOUR blood stream? Is there any way shape or form you could possibly imagine even remotely any possible advantage to having this in your body?????? the answer is : NO WAY and therefore you'll want to avoid any and all vaccinations.

The evidence is all available at www.brainguardmd.com under the "vaccine truths" sections (scroll down the main page on the right) where all you doubters can link to all the proof you need.

If you look at many of my posts you will see I agree with you mostly.

However, I don't think "people aren't smart enough to realize" rather stubborn and trusting of the wrong group of people.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Yes, with influenza vaccines. Old news. This is from 2005:http://www.ebglaw.com/files/16352_he...ne-5-26-05.pdf
Thanks for the link. I didn't know that. Just one more reason my DH and I have decided not to get any more flu vaccinations. Too risky.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 AM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Default Beware of non-physicians offering medical advice/information

A disclosure: I work for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies.

Thank you to those of you who will decide not to vaccinate--there will be more vaccine available to those of us who want it if there is a shortage.

The "literature" that several of you post as proof of fact is ridiculous. The incorrect use of terminology exhibits a lack of understanding. Are you really going to base health decisions on something written by a law firm?

Again to those of you who believe that there is a big conspiracy to sell as many vaccines as possible, you should be aware that we make more money selling antivirals that treat the flu. As I wrote in a previous post, pharmaceutical companies hate providing yearly flu vaccines because there is little if any profit margin. This is why you will see joint efforts between multiple pharmaceutical companies to produce a vaccine--to spread out the cost.

So I suppose many of you think the world would be a "better place" if we brought back Polio, Diptheria, Thyphoid, and on and on so that you can give your immune system a "workout." I respectfully disagree.

My father developed Polio as a child and I have heard stories from my grandparents about the panic that they endured and how they were shunned by friends and family. How my grandparents wish that there had been a vaccine in 1941.

The number of Gullain-Barre (GBS) cases in 1976 was only incrementally higher than any given year, so it is not certain if the influenza vaccine had anything to do with the very small increase. There is a theoretical risk of developing GBS from any vaccine, not just the influenza vaccine.

On a side note, I did not share this in my earlier post as I wanted to respect my wife's privacy. However, she felt strongly that I share that she developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome as a college student. The doctors were not able to pinpoint what triggered it, as is often the case with GBS. Despite having had GBS, she receives a flu shot every year. She has consulted with physicians at top ranking hospitals and together they determined that complications from the flu are more likely than developing GBS.

Again, I am highly trained and knowledgeable about the R&D of vaccines, but I am not a doctor, nor are any of the people providing medical advice on this thread as is evident by their lack of understanding of basic scientific principals. So, if you have concerns, you should talk to your doctor.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post
A disclosure: I work for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies.

You do? Then would you please direct me to research that clearly shows the efficacy of flu vaccines? The only thing I have been able to find out is that research done by pharmaceutical companies shows different outcomes than that done by independent research. They don't match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness