Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 06:59 AM

81 posts, read 190,283 times

Advertisements

I heard many women get severe acne when they go off the pill- is this true? How can you stop it? how long does it last for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,089 times
In my experience this is not a big complaint. Did you have a problem with acne prior to going on OC? What pill are you taking? Some are actually indicated for moderate acne, so depending on which formulation you're taking, you may be getting some benefit from it. Also take into consideration how old you were when you went on the pill and how old you are now. Ex: if you were 16 when you started OC and are 26 now, it's unlikely that you would have the same problems with acne that a teenager would.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 PM

I've been on the ring, the patch and a year ago the pill- low estrogen. The pill i've had the best looking skin- so far. I did have acne before BC and during. and i have tried to get off BC twice.. once when i was 20 (got on BC when i was 18) HORRIBLE BREAK OUT.. then once a few months ago- and had a few break outs on my face but my chest and neck BROKE OUT BAD> so i got right back onto BC... i still have chest acne ??? I'm on Clindamycin phosphate lotion 1%. not really working. I've read about Spirondactone- does that work?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
I noticed no difference when I went off the pill. I noticed no difference when I went on the pill.
I noticed a significant difference (for the better) when I turned 30...I guess there are a few benefits of aging.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Interesting- Good to hear!

Old 10-07-2009, 08:07 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,058 times
It's hormonal, some women will get worse acne and some won't. If your body naturally has elevated testosterone levels, or is more sensitive to testosterone, you may get acne after stopping the pill since the pill suppresses it.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,113 times
I have been on the pill for 15 years now.....recently I lost my mother from a blood clot and I immediatley went off. I was terrified. Now 8 months later I am progressively getting worse acne. I seem to have little tiny bumps that are not really pimples on my forehead, and then I am getting large painful pimples in my t-zone. I never realyl had a problem with acne as a teen....guess this is just my luck! Now I have a whole skin routine twice a day to try and fight it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness