Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
My Dr. wants me to take Tamiflu for the swine flu, I've had all the symptoms for almost 48 hours. The test results for my swine flu swab won't be back until Monday, but to be fully effective, I'd need to start Tamiflu right away. But I've heard TERRIBLE things about Tamiflu, like vomiting, hallucinations, etc. Has anyone here taken Tamiflu, and how did it effect you?

Here this should help you:

TAMIFLU: Side effects, ratings, and patient comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 02:38 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioAdoptMom3 View Post
I am wondering if anyone else there though has had a problem with their insurance covering this drug? A friend of mine just had it prescribed for her H1N1 and it costs a little over $100 for 14 doses. We both work for the school system and have the same insurance. I am wondering if others are finding the same to be true, or if it is covered for you?

Nancy
It's always been expensive but it's worth it considering you aren't obviously going to use all 14 pills. You will maybe do a course of 4 pills. It can last you for 3 flu cycles. It's good to have some extra

Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Thanks everyone, I opted not to take it. I did get it, but changed my mind when reading the list of side effects again on the package. I'm home alone all day caring my youngest child, and need to be as clear-headed as possible, without any additional woozy side-effects from my already ill self. I may be sorry later, but it's too late now----the 48 hours is up.

Morphous01, I've seen a few websites with reviews, and they were truly alarming. I know side effects are rare, but I can't even tolerate most simple meds like everyone else can.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Morphous01, I've seen a few websites with reviews, and they were truly alarming. I know side effects are rare, but I can't even tolerate most simple meds like everyone else can.

Yea, but I'm not alarmed because one of the ingredients in tamiflu is cyclohexane. Not sure how it all works but cyclohexane is the chief ingredient in molecule phenylcyclohexylpiperidine. Phenylcyclohexylpiperidine is what the streets call PCP or Angel Dust.

From my understanding, Tamiflu is banned in Japan because young teens were jumping off buildings when on this stuff. About 18 children in Japan have died due to irrational behavior that occurred shortly after taking Tamiflu. However, the proponents of the drug argue that the children became crazy because of the flu itself. Yea, right.

Tamiflu ban for teens to continue | The Japan Times Online

Japan issues Tamiflu warning after child deaths - Times Online

Phencyclidine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Interesting that all the pediatric deaths reported were in Japan...

Tamiflu Pediatric Adverse Events: Questions and Answers

Old 11-06-2009, 04:21 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, but I'm not alarmed because one of the ingredients in tamiflu is cyclohexane. Not sure how it all works but cyclohexane is the chief ingredient in molecule phenylcyclohexylpiperidine. Phenylcyclohexylpiperidine is what the streets call PCP or Angel Dust.

From my understanding, Tamiflu is banned in Japan because young teens were jumping off buildings when on this stuff. About 18 children in Japan have died due to irrational behavior that occurred shortly after taking Tamiflu. However, the proponents of the drug argue that the children became crazy because of the flu itself. Yea, right.

Tamiflu ban for teens to continue | The Japan Times Online

Japan issues Tamiflu warning after child deaths - Times Online

Phencyclidine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
scary stuff.
also did you mean you ARE alarmed?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
scary stuff.
also did you mean you ARE alarmed?

LOL. Well, now that I think about it, the thought of millions of people with a chemical similar to PCP in there systems is a little scary.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM

324 posts, read 862,576 times
I took it and am alive and better in 2 days...No extra body part, no hallucinations

Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Scary stuff indeed. I've read the same thing in other articles. Everybody is different for sure, but I wouldn't take the risk.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,708 times
Default Tamiflu caused hallucinations in 3 yearl old

Our granddaughter was prescribed Tamiflu. After 2 doses, she screamed all night long, as if someone was attacking her. She became physically combative - she is not quite 3 years old. She wouldn't talk, just scream and cover her face. The next day, a few hours after her next dose, it began again - screaming and crying. She could not be comforted. She was definately not herself.

She was never given the next dose on day two and slept through the night and seemed back to normal, other than being sick.

After searching online, it is now obvious that she was hallucinating and having nightmares after taking Tamiflu.

There were no warnings of these side affects on the paperwork that came with the prescription. The only side affects listed were nausea and possible diarrhea. Her mother was not warned at all of the possibility of hallucinations. It was a very scary night for her, as she thought her daughter was going crazy.

Last edited by kwi_sky; 11-07-2009 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness