Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:04 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,488 times

Advertisements

We have decided that we may venture into using some type of birth control, as we don't want any more kids anytime soon. I've looked into all types of female birth control, and didn't find anything that I was really willing to use due to various reasons. Before we were using the"pull out" method or not having sex around my ovulation days. We knew beforehand that these methods are not as effective as others. So right now I guess it's condoms...hubby says. But really I don't know if he will actually be willing to wear one. We both don't like them. Has anyone used the Trojan Ecstasy condoms? Do they really feel like nothing is there? If so that will definitely be a possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 04:08 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Well, there's a term for people who practice withdrawal or rhythm method: Parents.

Look, just send hubby end for some snipping. It takes all of ten minutes and doesn't hurt. In fact, the most discomfort I had during my procedure was when they poured cold water on the thing.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:21 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
We have decided that we may venture into using some type of birth control, as we don't want any more kids anytime soon. I've looked into all types of female birth control, and didn't find anything that I was really willing to use due to various reasons. Before we were using the"pull out" method or not having sex around my ovulation days. We knew beforehand that these methods are not as effective as others. So right now I guess it's condoms...hubby says. But really I don't know if he will actually be willing to wear one. We both don't like them. Has anyone used the Trojan Ecstasy condoms? Do they really feel like nothing is there? If so that will definitely be a possibility.
I'm not a condom fan at all -- only used 'em in my free wheeling bachelor days.

Did you check out IUD? This is a safe, reliable form of birth control that was (and still is, to a large extent) out of fashion. Lots of docs don't push it (pharma makes more $$$ on pills, after all) but you should ask.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:29 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, there's a term for people who practice withdrawal or rhythm method: Parents.

Look, just send hubby end for some snipping. It takes all of ten minutes and doesn't hurt. In fact, the most discomfort I had during my procedure was when they poured cold water on the thing.
When my husband and I were younger, we called it the "Pull out & Pray" method, but it actually worked for us (don't recommend it though unless you are ready to accept an accidental pregnancy).

Snipping is mostly permanent, so her husband needs to feel certain that he does not want anymore children.

My husband placed a big nix on the Condoms.

I 2nd professor's IUD recommendation, no hassle -

Old 03-11-2010, 04:36 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
I 3rd the good professor's suggestion. Avoid the copper coil models though, they will make you smell and taste... odd. But YDHMMV.

H

Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Not sure you'll get any joy from the IUD felicitev. There's a rather lengthy thread in this sub forum about the mirena IUD and you should read it before you decide to go down that path.

I agree with cpg, talk to your husband about a vasectomy.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Not sure you'll get any joy from the IUD felicitev. There's a rather lengthy thread in this sub forum about the mirena IUD and you should read it before you decide to go down that path.

I agree with cpg, talk to your husband about a vasectomy.
Just be certain to also discuss him freezing some of his swimmers for a later date if/when you decide you want more children.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
There is a great Livejournal group that deals with IUDs: IUD Divas

I will say they aren't for everyone.

Have you considered Deprovera?

I agree with the suggestion about a vasectomy. Should you and your husband change your mind, you can always get it reversed. There's no guarantee of kids after the reversal but that is an option.

I wish you the best! I'm so glad I don't have to worry about these things. [One of the few perks of lesbianism....]

I used to go to the Planned Parenthood a lot and they have some good info:Birth Control - Planned Parenthood

You can go to the Planned Parenthood in your area and I'm sure someone there would be happy to talk about which birth control method is best. I had a great experience when I went to Planned Parenthood last year. The staff was really nice.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,488 times
Like I said, I looked into all the birth control methods.IUD, pills, patch, shots, etc. I don't want the IUD because there is a possibility that it can become displaced, and people have said that their partner could feel it during sex. I just don't feel like going through a procedure to end up not liking it. My sister had the implanon but she stopped because she was having lots of irregular bleeding. Not going to sit here and explain all my reasons, but like I said there was no method I am willing to use. And no, sterilization is not an option for either one of us. Can vasectomy's really be reversed? I'll look into that too. Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
It's hard to understand your situation. You aren't willing to use any form of birth control for yourself, so you're asking about condoms - but you say you don't know if your husband will use one?

Have you ever actually tried birthcontrol? I was a little hesitant myself to get into it, but I started on the pill last year and there has been absolutely no side effect. If anything, my moods have leveled out quite a bit and I feel better. I was just hesitant because I heard everyone else tell me I should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness