Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,318,139 times

Advertisements

I have had low blood pressure all my life and I am not sure why...Medical books and sites always talk about high blood pressure...It's hard to find much about low blood pressure...Does anyone else have low blood pressure? What have you learned about it? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,579,727 times
I have had low BP all my life, all the doctors tell me is I have no worry of ever having a stroke.

It is funny, where I lived before, they would check my BP, then recheck it, go get another BP cup, check it, go get another stethoscope and finally look fustrated and I would ask what was wrong... Then it would hit me, they thought it was bad equipment and it was my BP..

NOT so funny was my last colonscopy. She kept pumping it up and redoing it over and over so I told her I had low BP as a general rule so it was not her equpiment. She insisted it was the equipment and sent me on to the back for the proceedure. Sedated, during the proceedure, my BP kept bottoming out on them and I ended up spending a lot more time in recovery than I was suppose to. I think 1- the BP was to low going in and 2- they over sedated me... I know now I am scared to be put under for anything now.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I have had low BP all my life, all the doctors tell me is I have no worry of ever having a stroke.

It is funny, where I lived before, they would check my BP, then recheck it, go get another BP cup, check it, go get another stethoscope and finally look fustrated and I would ask what was wrong... Then it would hit me, they thought it was bad equipment and it was my BP..

NOT so funny was my last colonscopy. She kept pumping it up and redoing it over and over so I told her I had low BP as a general rule so it was not her equpiment. She insisted it was the equipment and sent me on to the back for the proceedure. Sedated, during the proceedure, my BP kept bottoming out on them and I ended up spending a lot more time in recovery than I was suppose to. I think 1- the BP was to low going in and 2- they over sedated me... I know now I am scared to be put under for anything now.
Thanks for writing and for sharing your experiences.....I ran into a problem myself when I had an outpatient exploratory procedure....They had trouble reviving me afterwards. Wonder if it had to do with my low blood pressure too.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,300,235 times
What is low?

Mine runs from 100/60 as an average and gets lower.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 PM

427 posts, read 550,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
What is low?

Mine runs from 100/60 as an average and gets lower.
Some "experts" define low blood pressure as readings lower than 90/60, but whats low for you may be normal for someone else. Many doctors say that chronically low blood pressure is only too low if it causes noticeable symptons. And different medical conditions can causes low blood pressure. Getting back to the "experts", many say that 115/75 is optimal. Well, I'm still tryin!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the info...My blood pressure is normally in the 90's....A few weeks ago it dipped into the 80's just for a brief time...Now it's 106 which seems "high" for me.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:22 PM

427 posts, read 550,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Thanks for the info...My blood pressure is normally in the 90's....A few weeks ago it dipped into the 80's just for a brief time...Now it's 106 which seems "high" for me.
If it stays high over time, than for me, (and according to those in the know), thats when I'm gonna get concerned. Keep in mind, your blood pressure can change often throughout the day. Relax! Not only will you feel better(well, I do!), but you'll help your bp to "relax" also!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness