Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 03:26 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
.............If the government would stop lying about everything, or at the very least, shrouding national affairs in draconian secrecy, there wouldn't be so many conspiracy theories........
Actually, a greater decrease in conspiracy theories would occur if you'd quit making them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 05:39 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Actually, a greater decrease in conspiracy theories would occur if you'd quit making them up.
I don't deserve the accolades. I couldn't have made up all those conspiracy theories without Miss Bossenbroek, my third grade teacher, who had so much confidence in me, and Mr. Hugdahl, the baseball coach who gave me the freedom to play against the rules,and develop my own game. And mom and dad, God rest their souls, and most of all my loving and supportive wife, who so generously told the children "Don't bother daddy, he is making up conspiracy theories".

Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
There is zero evidence that the plane was caused to crash by a person on board the aircraft. None.
None ONLY if you ignore the flight data recorder showing input from the cockpit rocking the plane and then flipping it over and driving it into the ground.

Quote:
Witnesses claimed that they saw other aircraft ot heard missiles. Their credibility can be questioned.
The "other plane" has been explained and the pilot interviewed on TV. He was asked by Air Traffic Control to confirm if he saw a crash site.

I never heard of anyone saying they "heard missiles" nor have I read that anywhere.

Quote:
We know that the plane went down at the point between Cleveland and Washington with the lowest population density, which is exactly where it would have been shot down
Not proof of anything and complete speculation.

Quote:
and we do know that the order to shoot it down had been introduce into the tactical scenario, if not actually given.
It's been confirmed that the order had been given, but that was only minutes before the impact. Which actually bolsters the idea that they would have no reason to lie about shooting it down if that had been the case.

Quote:
We also know that the people who declared that it was not shot down were caught red-handed, lying about almost everything else that ensued, consequent to the incident.
Huh???? I have no clue what you are referring to.

Quote:
Which is not evidence of any fact, but only of the credibility of the faction that originally stated the cause of the crash.
Air Traffic Control knew it crashed very soon after the fact. Eyewitnesses on the ground called to report a plane crash as well as the confirmation by the "other plane".

Quote:
In short: If the government would stop lying about everything, or at the very least, shrouding national affairs in draconian secrecy, there wouldn't be so many conspiracy theories.
You'll have to enumerate all these so-called lies because I haven't read about any to date. There was some confusion as can be expected, but I don't know of any lies.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:43 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
None ONLY if you ignore the flight data recorder showing input from the cockpit rocking the plane and then flipping it over and driving it into the ground..
The flight data recorder AND voice recorder. It actually recorded the terrorists saying "put it down" in Arabic several times in reaction to the passengers' attack, as well as the sounds of struggle as passengers attempted to enter the cockpit (there is still some uncertainty on if the passengers were able to breach the cockpit or not at the last moments).

Of course, the conspiracy response would be "the flight recorder was tampered with and faked" so arguing with these types is useless.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The flight data recorder AND voice recorder. It actually recorded the terrorists saying "put it down" in Arabic several times in reaction to the passengers' attack, as well as the sounds of struggle as passengers attempted to enter the cockpit (there is still some uncertainty on if the passengers were able to breach the cockpit or not at the last moments).

Of course, the conspiracy response would be "the flight recorder was tampered with and faked" so arguing with these types is useless.

Thanks for adding that. You're correct...PLUS, it recorded the passenger's assault on the cockpit door and the screams. You can hear the terrorists debating at first if it was time to end it...and then they do.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post

You'll have to enumerate all these so-called lies because I haven't read about any to date. There was some confusion as can be expected, but I don't know of any lies.
Start with Colin Powell showing the UN General assembly empty vials from the UN dispensary similar to vials that could contain anthrax (but didn't), drawings (not photos) of trucks that could have carried WMDs (but didn't), and aerial photos of the roofs of buildings that could have contained WMDs (but didn't). And calling that proof that they all actually did contain WMDs what were standing poised at that very moment to unleash massive death and destruction on Americans asleep in their jammies.

And then go on to the lie that Al Qaeda had the requisite standing army of several million trained and armed soldiers and the logistical support and tactical skill to militarily occupy the USA and force all our women to wear veils and our children to learn to speak Arabic in madrassas, and repeal our constitution and end our way of life forever, and bow down and pray to a god who must be false because he is not called by an English name. And that the only thing standing between us and that dreary outcome was the waste of lives and money and good will vandalizing random countries.

And our highest priority was to catch Osama Bin Laden, who can run but he cant hide (just like Pancho Villa could run but couldn't hide for 6 years in a well-known bar in Hidalgo del Parral, where he could hang out daily, but we couldn't find him, either).

And keep on going down the long, long list of lies until Brownie did a heckuva job as the president cleared brush.

You believe everything that these people spoon-feed you, and if they say it is authentic, undoctored, objective evidence, you keep right on believing everything they say, and even worse, rejecting everything they don't say for no other reason than that they didn't say it.

Altering the flight recorder data could have been done by a school child using technology off the shelf at Best Buy, and that data has been continuously in the custody of US government agencies. Who, as I have just shown, are not above lying when it suits them.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-03-2011 at 11:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,138 times
Quote:
There is zero evidence that the plane was caused to crash by a person on board the aircraft. None.

Witnesses claimed that they saw other aircraft ot heard missiles. Their credibility can be questioned.

Witnesses claimed they heard someone say "Let's roll" in a phone call. Their credibility can be questioned.

We know that the plane went down at the point between Cleveland and Washington with the lowest population density, which is exactly where it would have been shot down, and we do know that the order to shoot it down had been introduce into the tactical scenario, if not actually given.

We also know that the people who declared that it was not shot down were caught red-handed, lying about almost everything else that ensued, consequent to the incident. Which is not evidence of any fact, but only of the credibility of the faction that originally stated the cause of the crash.

In short: If the government would stop lying about everything, or at the very least, shrouding national affairs in draconian secrecy, there wouldn't be so many conspiracy theories.
Art....should be framed I reckon.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Start with Colin Powell showing the UN General assembly empty vials from the UN dispensary similar to vials that could contain anthrax (but didn't), drawings (not photos) of trucks that could have carried WMDs (but didn't), and aerial photos of the roofs of buildings that could have contained WMDs (but didn't). And calling that proof that they all actually did contain WMDs what were standing poised at that very moment to unleash massive death and destruction on Americans asleep in their jammies.

And then go on to the lie that Al Qaeda had the requisite standing army of several million trained and armed soldiers and the logistical support and tactical skill to militarily occupy the USA and force all our women to wear veils and our children to learn to speak Arabic in madrassas, and repeal our constitution and end our way of life forever, and bow down and pray to a god who must be false because he is not called by an English name. And that the only thing standing between us and that dreary outcome was the waste of lives and money and good will vandalizing random countries.

And our highest priority was to catch Osama Bin Laden, who can run but he cant hide (just like Pancho Villa could run but couldn't hide for 6 years in a well-known bar in Hidalgo del Parral, where he could hang out daily, but we couldn't find him, either).

And keep on going down the long, long list of lies until Brownie did a heckuva job as the president cleared brush.
I fail to see the relevance of all that to your conspiracy theory about Flight #93.
Quote:
You believe everything that these people spoon-feed you, and if they say it is authentic, undoctored, objective evidence, you keep right on believing everything they say, and even worse, rejecting everything they don't say for no other reason than that they didn't say it.
We'll question what they say about #93 when there is some valid reason to question it. Your conspiracy theories, and the above examples, are not valid reasons to doubt the report they gave. The report fits the facts, your theory does not.
Quote:
Altering the flight recorder data could have been done by a school child using technology off the shelf at Best Buy, and that data has been continuously in the custody of US government agencies. Who, as I have just shown, are not above lying when it suits them.
You're accusing them of altering the data without any evidence other than that they could have done it if they wanted to. That's not evidence. Then you have no answer as to why they would need to alter it. Why would they alter it when there is no reason to do so?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I fail to see the relevance of all that to your conspiracy theory about Flight #93. ?
There is no relevance, that poster is just on one of his sermons again. He is infamous for it. He will start that type of off-topic rant on a thread about automobiles, just out of the blue. Best just to ignore it.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I fail to see the relevance of all that to your conspiracy theory about Flight #93. We'll question what they say about #93 when there is some valid reason to question it. Your conspiracy theories, and the above examples, are not valid reasons to doubt the report they gave. The report fits the facts, your theory does not.

You're accusing them of altering the data without any evidence other than that they could have done it if they wanted to. That's not evidence. Then you have no answer as to why they would need to alter it. Why would they alter it when there is no reason to do so?
First of all, I have no conspiracy theory about Flight 93. There just happens to be one, that's all.

Second, the relevancy of "my" theory is that one can often tell a lot about the veracity or authenticity of a position on the basis of the prior track record of those who present it. If they are notorious for their lies and self-serving obfuscations, and have unhampered and virtually exclusive opportunity to doctor and manipulate the evidence and a motive for doing so, we would be wise to take that into account in evaluating their assertions.

And third, what you label as off-topic irrelevance is a credibility test of your advocacy partners. In American jurisprudence, the reliability of witnesses is admissible evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History