Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 07:37 PM

240 posts, read 239,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForAChange View Post
I've been doing a lot of research on WWII lately and I can't exactly figure out WHY the Allied and Axis powers couldn't come to a reasonable and peaceful compromise before so much bloodshed took place. What is your understanding and viewpoint on why war had to commence and why so many countries had to get involved?
Pretty simple Hitler wanted to control the world and was killing millions, and the Japonese were never going to surrender the bloodshed was inevitable

Old 02-07-2015, 08:03 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
This reminds me, circa 1900 an Indian firebrand wrote a controversial History of the Indian Mutiny which was outlawed and secretly circulated. Even the better class in Britain would read the book due to then astounding claims therein which were counter to the conventional History of the event.

For our new visual Generation Oliver Stone did similar with his Untold History of the United States.....

Last edited by Felix C; 02-07-2015 at 08:18 PM..

Old 02-07-2015, 08:09 PM

157 posts, read 192,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
This reminds me, circa 1900 and Indian firebrand wrote a controversial History of the Indian Mutiny which was outlawed and secretly circulated. Even the better class in Britain would read the book due to then astounding claims therein which were counter to the conventional History of the event.

For our new visual Generation Oliver Stone did similar with his Untold History of the United States.....
This one?? >>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-Xp2DVBjo

Old 02-07-2015, 08:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Because Germany; Italy and want to expand their Empires .Germany by invading first the areas it loss then mainly Russia. but Africa and the middle east was on the agenda.Japan had already invaded China. For decades empire was what all wanted and France and UK had it but couldn't cover that Empire any more as to security and Germany knew it. Economically Germany didn't suddenly get richer when Hitler took over remember. He spent like a drunk Greek( sorry could help it).

Old 02-07-2015, 08:20 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Yes. I want to break out into the Internationale during the airings. That or the Panzerlied.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:30 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
I've been listening to pure and unbiased views from people such as Khalid Muhammad and Louis Farrakhan. All I'm saying is the U.S./West has a long history of trying to elevate their own importance, demonize others, and paint themselves as saints. So forgive me if I take a lot what I read from Americans with a grain of salt.
so, what does the so-called,unbiased, Louis Farrakhan, have to say?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Where you from to judge what you say. Afraid to post it?

Old 02-08-2015, 04:55 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
I've been listening to pure and unbiased views from people such as Khalid Muhammad and Louis Farrakhan. All I'm saying is the U.S./West has a long history of trying to elevate their own importance, demonize others, and paint themselves as saints. So forgive me if I take a lot what I read from Americans with a grain of salt.
Well, if Farrakhan and Muhammad actually claimed that Hitler was a some kind of victim of Western propaganda, then they are/were both ignorant and naive. Maybe Farrahkhan, Muhammad, and Hitler all hated Jews, but I guarantee you that Hitler considered blacks even lower than Jews. If you think Muhammad and Farrakhan are "unbiased", then you are ignorant and naive as well.

As for the Japanese, there is some basis for attributing some British and American attitudes towards the Japanese Empire to racism. However, that did not force the Japanese into invading Manchuria in northern China in 1931 nor the rest of China later nor Korea or all of SE Asia and butchering and enslaving the people there.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:44 AM

477 posts, read 509,517 times
Quote:
That's the western/Americanized version of why it occurred. But what I'm looking for is the actual reason, not reasons coming from someone who wants to put all the blame on Germany and Japan.
Oh sure, let's not blame the governments that actually started over-running every country within reach. Nononono, poor Germany and Japan, soooooo misunderstood!

LOL!

I swear I detect a soupcon of "do my homework for me" here ...

Old 02-08-2015, 08:35 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Hitler was the reason for the war in Europe (and as others said, he was allowed to gain such power because of how WW1 ended and Germany's depression/hyper inflation and etc). He blatantly ignored the restrictions put on Germany with regards to building up an army, then he started invading neighboring countries even though he said he wouldn't. He basically wasn't going to stop unless we intervened. He invaded Russia after giving his word that he wouldn't, which caused the Russians to side with the Allies. We couldn't trust him or anything he said, basically. His actions were those of a leader bent on world domination.

Japan invaded China and was doing terrible things there, so the US and the West in general imposed harsh raw material sanctions/restrictions, basically cut off their supply of oil. This forced Japans hand, they attacked Pearl Harbor in an attempt to wipe out the US's ability to fight them in the pacific, then declared war and dragged the US into the thick of WW2. Also, Japan was ignored at the treaty of Versailles and was very insulted by it.

All of this is very clear cut and not Western propaganda/cover up or anything like that. If you want that then look at what the Allied forces (mostly Russia) did to the Germans as they pushed through Germany and for 5 years after the war ended. You also have to keep in mind how brutal the Germans were, which is what caused the Russians to act in kind. Lots of enslavement, rape, killing, starving, torturing, scorched earth policy, etc went on on both sides. The US and Britain did nothing to stop it after the war though, and this isn't highlighted in history classes in said countries.

Last edited by tofur; 02-08-2015 at 08:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History