Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 AM

485 posts, read 1,953,408 times

Advertisements

I see that potential, too.

In fact, sine Iran wants an A-bomb so much, and we have so many we never use......

(Nuke 'em 'till they GLOW!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 03:00 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakenten View Post
I see that potential, too.

In fact, sine Iran wants an A-bomb so much, and we have so many we never use......

(Nuke 'em 'till they GLOW!!!)
Times like this I wish there was technology that would allow you to backhand someone through your computer.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM

2,377 posts, read 5,402,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Times like this I wish there was technology that would allow you to backhand someone through your computer.
Frank, that technology does exist. However that feature has been disabled for the safety of all the users at CD.!!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:38 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I still see a great potential of a nuclear device being used in the world today. Looking at the lost nuclear material from the Russians alone and the radical religious groups all over the world I fear it is not “will it happen but when we will have to live through it”.

Eisenhower was well know for letting his staff plan and at times set in motion the issues which would have been political issues. His history looked like just golf until years after his death.
Don't underestimate Ike's political savvy. He wasn't too busted up over Sputnik since it resolved the issue of satellite reconnaissance. Publicly he took a beating on this, as the “Russians beat us into space”. Within his administration he also was prodded by the military to launch satellites as they knew a year in advance that they were also working on satellites. He held off, saying that civilian ran NASA will be the US’s peaceful foray into space.

By the Soviets launching their satellite first and having it fly over the US, they could not object to future US spy satellites over flying the USSR. He congratulated the Soviets on their accomplishment since they established the policy of "open skies", and we would “react” to their actions via peaceful NASA. Little did they know, spy satellites were on his agenda all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History