Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 10:40 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
I can change it to cm if it makes it easier, I'm mathematically bilingual. It is still just basic adding or subtracting.

Thank you Suzy_q. None of my sheets are loose enough to use for a demonstration so I was trying to figure a way to make a diagram that could be attached like a photograph would be. You did a nice explanation for what I thought was a pretty basic concept. Guess I was wrong. I didn't recommend the pinning all around simply because that runs the risk of being very uneven and is so very tedious. As your pictures show it does work however.
Measuring would be more precise. I just put the corner of the sheet on a pillow to take the photos.

I would probably still pin it, since I pretty much pin or baste everything I make.

I was hoping this would help Gisela see what you were describing. I think once you have the pleat started, you could measure it and know how big to make the pleat the rest of the way around. The location of the pleat could be closer to the elastic edge and be less noticeable, too, although it will be covered when the bed is made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation