Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 PM

24 posts, read 70,022 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for the nice comments on my pieces. I'm still busy with the Exotic Garden Rug, but once I get tired with it I tend to switch projects throughout the year. This way by the end of the year, I usually have a good collection together, and then sell some of them on ebay. Keeps me in stitches, lol.
I hope we can chat some more, and exchange pictures soon.
Petra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 AM

86 posts, read 394,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonapeach5000 View Post
Thank you so much for the nice comments on my pieces. I'm still busy with the Exotic Garden Rug, but once I get tired with it I tend to switch projects throughout the year. This way by the end of the year, I usually have a good collection together, and then sell some of them on ebay. Keeps me in stitches, lol.
I hope we can chat some more, and exchange pictures soon.
Petra
I got to stitch all weekend with some friends - what fun! and relaxing

I love your comment that selling some of your pieces "keeps me in stitches". We all need something to do that LOL

I am almost finished with my current piece and ready to start another - it is so much fun to begin a new project!(Sometimes I haven't even finished a project when I start a new one

Old 10-21-2007, 09:51 PM

86 posts, read 394,453 times
Default I am almost finished with my Shepherd's Bush Stocking

and am looking forward to starting "The Sampler Lady" by Little House Needleworks. Just got it the other night and can't wait to start it. That's the way I always am; eager to finish one thing and move on to something new!

How is everyone else's projects going?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:03 PM

Hi all,

Since I transferred my pattern of the EXOTIC GARDEN RUG to my computer with the help of my Pattern Maker Software, the stitching is going very fast. The highligting feature of the sofware makes it so easy to keep track of each stitch. I'm almost half done, and I only started in January I think it was. Last time I stitched it it took me 5 years to complete. I'm thinking of transferring all of my pattern stash onto PC for my own use of course. I'm also busy writing the second book in my FBI Badge of Honor Series, everyone is screaming already for the next one, geez what have I gotten myself into, lol.
How's everyone else doing?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
and am looking forward to starting "The Sampler Lady" by Little House Needleworks. Just got it the other night and can't wait to start it. That's the way I always am; eager to finish one thing and move on to something new!

How is everyone else's projects going?

LOL, that's what keeps us going, Nostalgic, and what makes us stitcha holic's.
Petra

Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 AM

376 posts, read 1,809,681 times
WOW WOW WOW -- you are all awesome stitchers (and now I feel totally inadequate . I love all kind of embroidery, and this gives me inspiration to get back at it. I tend to always carry a small stitching project, in case I get a minute (or lunch hour) which never seems to happen I think its time to start MAKING it happen

Anyways, now I have a question for you all....How many UFO's in your current work stash (not the ones stored in the closet!) Right now I have 3 handwork projects going -- an embroidered pillow, a cross stitch wall hanging and a crocheted baby blanket!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimenow View Post
WOW WOW WOW -- you are all awesome stitchers (and now I feel totally inadequate . I love all kind of embroidery, and this gives me inspiration to get back at it. I tend to always carry a small stitching project, in case I get a minute (or lunch hour) which never seems to happen I think its time to start MAKING it happen

Anyways, now I have a question for you all....How many UFO's in your current work stash (not the ones stored in the closet!) Right now I have 3 handwork projects going -- an embroidered pillow, a cross stitch wall hanging and a crocheted baby blanket!
I have several finished but rolled up and tucked away in a drawer and 3 UFO's.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:27 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I have several finished but rolled up and tucked away in a drawer and 3 UFO's.
Absolutely beautiful work, SMG. I especially love the winter scene and accompanying house. However, all are special is their own way.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:34 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
I have tried to crossstitch--never certain about the spelling--3 s's together--anyway I have 'Done That'. Not well--but I produced several 'almost completed' projects. I have a rather extensive collection of the thread and numerous patterns that I plan to get right to work on--had them for a decade.

I have another, easier, sewing hobby. I think it is called 'Circles'--no, it has a better name. You start with a circle, perhaprs 4" and you gather the top and then when you have made thousands--you can make a wall hanging, bed cover or placemats. This is a good thing to do while watching the Olympics. Fairly mindless and goes pretty quickly.

ETA:
Yoyo's--they are yoyo's. I even have a vest made of yoyo's. They are fun.
TakeAhike

Old 08-10-2008, 04:32 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Smoky - your work is amazing. I too am retired from cross stitiching now and this one was my last piece (it made me retire), so I now just quilt and dabble in Photography...easier on the eyes, and I finish quicker too!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation