Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:02 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,670 times

Advertisements

I was just reading the "What would you do if you won the lottery?" thread and CelticLady said she would indulge more in her hobbies. That got me wondering. What are your hobbies or what hobby would you really like the chance to take up? I'm just curious what everyone does to relax a bit and forget about all the craziness going on in this world. I know everyone will want to list this forum as a hobby, but let's be truthful--it's really an obsession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
I golf, it's an obsession! I try to get in 1 game a week if possible. There are over 200 courses down here and I'm trying to play every public one I can (I've gone to great lengths to play on some courses, such as checking into a hotel just to play their golf course).

I live on one which helps tremendously but I have to pay member's dues since I bought a golf/clubhouse membership.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,855,979 times
My hobbies are gardening, reading,travel,messing with the com****r,decorating my house. That's the main ones!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:29 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,795 times
Art! Painting, photography, sculpture, drawing, decorating my house.

Music! I'm learning the guitar, my fiance is a very talented musician starting a band. Music is a big part of our lives. It's my dream to be in a band and play the fiddle or the banjo or slide guitar.

Nature! If I can't take a run out in the woods and see my little deer and animal friends every day (I bring them apples for treats), well then my soul just dies. I love camping (rustic), hiking, canoeing, bonfires...

Reading/Writing! I subscribe to poetry mags and even send in stuff that is promptly rejected LOL. I love books, bookstores, libraries. I love to learn. Right now I'm absorbing everyhting I can about politics.

and, of course... Travel!

Last edited by mariatherese; 09-20-2006 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: sic

Old 09-20-2006, 03:31 PM

28 posts, read 242,226 times
I love to read, enjoy the outdoors (camping, fishing, hiking), spend time on the computer, working out (great stress relief), and play with my kids!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:45 PM

183 posts, read 1,263,631 times
I like to do my creative memory photo albums. If I had the money I would by a sail boat and take up sailing.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:48 PM

My passion is pictures. My favorite subjects--my grandchildren. I love photography and videography. I then like to turn all my photos and videos into music videos.
I love computers and I love learning how to use them. Right now I'm trying to tackle HTML.
Music has always been a big part of my life, but the only instrument I know how to play is the CD player.
I also enjoy bike riding and swimming. That's why I'm in FL. I'm a water person.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:51 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
My passion is pictures. My favorite subjects--my grandchildren. I love photography and videography. I then like to turn all my photos and videos into music videos.
I love computers and I love learning how to use them. Right now I'm trying to tackle HTML.
Music has always been a big part of my life, but the only instrument I know how to play is the CD player.
I also enjoy bike riding and swimming. That's why I'm in FL. I'm a water person.
Hey grammy! I work in motion graphics/video. I also do web work (flash/html). Its a lot of fun! I hope to maybe make my own independent films someday, but I have so many darn hobbies, who knows if I'll ever get there! But I understand the love of photography/video.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:57 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
Hey grammy! I work in motion graphics/video. I also do web work (flash/html). Its a lot of fun! I hope to maybe make my own independent films someday, but I have so many darn hobbies, who knows if I'll ever get there! But I understand the love of photography/video.
I so envy you, Maria (by the way--love the name. I had a younger sister named Maria.) You're artistic though and I'm not. Creative, yes. Artistic, not! If you ever make that film and need some help with the editing, let me know. That would be a real dream come true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation