Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:18 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times

Advertisements

I build bicycles at night during the week and spend the weekends kayak fishing on the river and camping with friends.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
Talking Wood burning

wood burning signs.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:39 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
wood burning signs.

Those are some great looking signs.

For me: I like to quilt, listen to music, (mostly country and 80's rock) dance, (mostly country western like the two step.) and gardening.

I haven't had much time to do a lot of quilting lately as I have beem busy with my grandbaby. My mom and grandmother got me into quilting. I have been teaching my kids how to quilt along with some of their friends. I find it relaxing and fun. It's great to see the quilts coming together and no two are the same.

I got into gardening because I love flowers. I started out with more of a black thumb than a green thumb, but over time of trial and error I am now becoming more of a green thumb. I really enjoy plotting out flower beds and picking plants that not only look lovely but work together as well.

Don't have any place to really go dancing anymore. But when given the chance I love to pick up my heels.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
Those are some great looking signs.

For me: I like to quilt, listen to music, (mostly country and 80's rock) dance, (mostly country western like the two step.) and gardening.

I haven't had much time to do a lot of quilting lately as I have beem busy with my grandbaby. My mom and grandmother got me into quilting. I have been teaching my kids how to quilt along with some of their friends. I find it relaxing and fun. It's great to see the quilts coming together and no two are the same.

I got into gardening because I love flowers. I started out with more of a black thumb than a green thumb, but over time of trial and error I am now becoming more of a green thumb. I really enjoy plotting out flower beds and picking plants that not only look lovely but work together as well.

Don't have any place to really go dancing anymore. But when given the chance I love to pick up my heels.

hey thanks. quilting is pretty cool. my dw is into crocheting , plastic canvas , polymer clay and lot's of other things. she has a whole room i set up for her to do all of her projects. we also like the country music, it's pretty much all we listen to.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:11 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
hey thanks. quilting is pretty cool. my dw is into crocheting , plastic canvas , polymer clay and lot's of other things. she has a whole room i set up for her to do all of her projects. we also like the country music, it's pretty much all we listen to.
You are welcome

I do a bit of other crafting as well, but not a ton. My grandmother tried teaching me how to crochet and kint. It just wasn't my bag, but it's still a great craft. I have a room set up in my basement for my quilting and small crafts. I love it, just wish it was bigger.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:41 PM

259 posts, read 1,041,901 times
I enjoy, sewing, crocheting, painting, drawing (cats and dogs) using Prismacolored pencils. Archeology is another love of mine, especially when it comes to religious artifact. Would love to travel to the Amazon, Kathmandu and Israel.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,104 times
My Main Hobby is doing Genealogy then Kayaking, reading and writing poetry.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 PM

897 posts, read 1,592,139 times
Comics. I read them and write stories and create characters that I hope to publish as comics soon. I like it because the topics and art styles are even more varied than books and I've always liked drawing.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times
I like to paint, read, scrapbook, photography.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 AM

824 posts, read 2,791,711 times
Participating on internet message boards! Besides this one, I also like the boards over at IMDB.com, and I also participate on a couple concerning my long-time hobby, high-end audio equipment. I'm starting to feel a little left behind as so many are starting to use their computer as a source for music, even their primary source! One can download music or copy it from CD's to the computer. Then the computer can be wirelessly connected to the stereo (well, almost, there is a device that receives the wireless signal that plugs into your stereo.) Then your computer screen can act as a library of music! Guess I'm behind the times!

Going to concerts used to be a hobby, but recently, I pretty much stopped. Prefer my comfy couch these days.

I also like Pogo.com

My system:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation