Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
now I need to read up on the Red Wings, Pengs, Preds & Devil boards as to how they didn't want them anyways...
Suter was wanted, but I was growing concerned about the high cost and length of the contract. It's a partial relief to know we aren't stuck with it (Red Wings). We'll see how things go, but I wonder if the Wild made a mistake committing so much money to just two players. The Red Wings have two long contracts too, one of which may have been a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 04:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Roberto Luongo on leaving Canucks: ‘It’s time to move on..

VANCOUVER — There was no poker face from Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo, who laid all his cards on the table in an interview Friday and confirmed what everyone really already knew.

His days in Vancouver are done.
source: Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo wants out of Vancouver | NHL | Sports | National Post

Well it sucks to see Bobby Lou go but he had a good Run up here in VanCouver and well hope he is happy where ever he decides to play next season.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Interesting insight into the Wild's pursuit of Parise and Suter and how long they have been working on setting up for this particular free agent signing period in trading away salaries in exchange for cap space and still be able to attract theses established players by having young talent to build on.

Wild's 72 hours of pursuit, anxiety and elation | StarTribune.com

Old 07-08-2012, 08:38 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Interesting insight into the Wild's pursuit of Parise and Suter and how long they have been working on setting up for this particular free agent signing period in trading away salaries in exchange for cap space and still be able to attract theses established players by having young talent to build on.

Wild's 72 hours of pursuit, anxiety and elation | StarTribune.com
Minus some homer hyperbole and not even questioning the $98 million contracts, an interesting read.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Minus some homer hyperbole and not even questioning the $98 million contracts, an interesting read.
The thing with this is before the Wild signed Parise his cost was always talked up at being closer to 10 million at a year at 10 years. The Wild sign him and Suter at 7.5 a year with frontloaded contracts and suddenly they "overpaid." I'm not sure who you are a fan of so you I can't say if you fit this or not, but most of that talk is from bitter Wings, Devils, Preds, and Penguins fans. It was hilarious how on July 3rd these players were being hyped to no end, everyone wanted them, spare no expense! Then they sign with the Wild and suddenly "meh they were overrated anyway and not worth the money!" Give me a break.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Also, Parise took less money to play with the Wild. Those contracts just don't bother me that much.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The thing with this is before the Wild signed Parise his cost was always talked up at being closer to 10 million at a year at 10 years. The Wild sign him and Suter at 7.5 a year with frontloaded contracts and suddenly they "overpaid." I'm not sure who you are a fan of so you I can't say if you fit this or not, but most of that talk is from bitter Wings, Devils, Preds, and Penguins fans. It was hilarious how on July 3rd these players were being hyped to no end, everyone wanted them, spare no expense! Then they sign with the Wild and suddenly "meh they were overrated anyway and not worth the money!" Give me a break.
I'm a Wings fan. Lifelong. Some are upset, many are indifferent. Mostly because of the money and long term contracts. Detroit wanted Suter and I don't think they wanted to do a package for the two. In the long run it works out for Detroit and Minnesota.

Don't make assumptions. You don't need a "break".

Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I'm a Wings fan. Lifelong. Some are upset, many are indifferent. Mostly because of the money and long term contracts. Detroit wanted Suter and I don't think they wanted to do a package for the two. In the long run it works out for Detroit and Minnesota.

Don't make assumptions. You don't need a "break".
Quote:
I'm not sure who you are a fan of so you I can't say if you fit this or not
I stated very clearly I wasn't sure if it fit you or not, perhaps try reading my whole post. Don't make assumptions...

Old 07-12-2012, 08:41 PM

A pushing 50 Hasek wants a NHL return.

Report: Hasek contacts Sabres, who pass on return - NHL.com - News

Old 07-12-2012, 08:44 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,439,477 times
Quote:
That'd be amazing! I know he had some groin problems back when he was with the Wings. But if he can stay healthy, that'd be fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey