Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,921,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
One thing I can say about the Bruins is they never choke! In fact, teams from Boston don't even KNOW the word "Choke"!.... uh, never mind. I was just informed that they invented the word. My bad!

True though.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 03-28-2008 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,921,304 times
My team: Boston Bruins

Overall:
History and Tradition: A+ (original 6)
Division: A- (Maybe the Leafs suck but it's 5 teams with history and fans)
Uniforms: A (My favorite jersey of any Boston team, but I think a lot of people would disagree. Unique colors that are classsssic)
Ownership: B
Arena: B+
Fans: B+ (A lot of crazy fans. But many, like myself, are sort of killing time until baseball season)

2007-08 Season:
Regular Season: B- (the start was good...)
Talent: C
Coaching: C

Old 03-27-2008, 06:00 PM

854 posts, read 2,865,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Ownership: B
Are you serious?

Quote:
Greed, Failure, Mismanagement and Mediocrity "highlight" Jeremy Jacobs 33 years as owner of the Boston Bruins. The Miserly Jacobs has highjacked the team and taken advantage of the loyal fanbase for much too long and all but rendered this once proud Bruins franchise to expansion team status.

BRUINS OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT HAS COMBINED FOR JUST ONE PLAYOFF ROUND VICTORY IN THE PAST 14 YEARS

Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,837,967 times
My Team: Atlanta Thrashers

Overall:
History and Tradition: C (expansion team in 1999. With such a young franchise, I can't really give it a higher grade).
Division: C (Weakest division, but one that has been home to a couple past Stanley Cup Champions: Carolina Hurricanes & Tampa Bay Lightning)
Uniforms: A+ home uniform (sky blue), C+ away uniform
Ownership: B (have brought some good talent to the team throughout the years: Kovalchuk, Heatley, Savard, Hossa, Holik)
Location: A+ (Right in downtown, beside the CNN Center, Georgia Dome, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, & World of Coke Museum, and right along the subway line)
Arena: A+: Philips is among the best in the league.
Fans: C+: A dedicated base, but we really need more fans for a metro of over five million.

2007-08 Season:
Regular Season: D: (Started out promising and fell apart)
Talent: B (good players, but something is no longer gelling).
Coaching: D (Bob Hartley is apparently not what is needed).

Old 03-28-2008, 04:47 PM

334 posts, read 1,372,326 times
Detroit red wings

Overall: A
History and Tradition: A (1926 & 10 stanley cups)
Division: C
Uniforms: A
Ownership: A
Location: A(Right down by the Detroit river connecting U.S. & Canada)
Arena: A(The "joe" is tradition, it also has the most seats in a U.S. arena)
Fans: B(The economy has hurt, but still there's plenty of people attending, and it's finally easy to get a ticket, for years I used to try.)

2007-08 Season:
17th straight year making the playoffs lol

Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent85 View Post
Detroit red wings

Overall: A
History and Tradition: A (1926 & 10 stanley cups)
Division: C
Uniforms: A
Ownership: A
Location: A(Right down by the Detroit river connecting U.S. & Canada)
Arena: A(The "joe" is tradition, it also has the most seats in a U.S. arena)
Fans: B(The economy has hurt, but still there's plenty of people attending, and it's finally easy to get a ticket, for years I used to try.)

2007-08 Season:
17th straight year making the playoffs lol

I was hoping there would be a Wings Review when I clicked on this thread. How about another 50 win season?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:18 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,577,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post

I was hoping there would be a Wings Review when I clicked on this thread. How about another 50 win season?
RED WINGS= All A+

Nothing like watching NHL at the JLA ....IN JUNE!!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Hurricanes letting me down right now! I'm hoping their loss tonight will fire them up for tomorrow night, Come on 'canes, we need to get into the playoffs!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:41 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Hurricanes letting me down right now! I'm hoping their loss tonight will fire them up for tomorrow night, Come on 'canes, we need to get into the playoffs!
I never thought the Caps could pull off this run but they're looking really good right now!! 2 more at home...

Old 04-05-2008, 02:33 PM

854 posts, read 2,865,340 times
I so hope the caps beat my beloved panthers tonite and make the playoffs instead of crapolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey