Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 09:12 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

Avs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 10:31 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
Inevitable, 2 OT games and game 6 was not as close as the 2-1 score showed. I just don't see anyone challenging the Avs for the next few years if this group comes back mostly unchanged.

From the East Florida was a paper tiger, Bolts are one year older, Rangers can't skate fast or score, Bruins are rebuilding, Capitals are old, Canes are never clutch. Toronto?? Maybe if they could ever live up to that talent which is not really that far from the Avs.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:25 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Happy for the Avalanche, amazing how in 2017 they finished with 48 points and fell to #4 in the draft, and yet got the best player in that draft.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:10 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Inevitable, 2 OT games and game 6 was not as close as the 2-1 score showed. I just don't see anyone challenging the Avs for the next few years if this group comes back mostly unchanged.

From the East Florida was a paper tiger, Bolts are one year older, Rangers can't skate fast or score, Bruins are rebuilding, Capitals are old, Canes are never clutch. Toronto?? Maybe if they could ever live up to that talent which is not really that far from the Avs.
Tampa will still be a legitimate threat for at least another few years if they keep their current core.

Aside from that... Toronto is the only other team I think can challenge the Avs. Avs are SCARY good.

Connor needs to take a few pages out of MacKinnon's book. Purposely took less pay to get better players on board. And overall, a much better team player, despite also being just as explosive and capable of highlight-reel goals.

And with Makar turning out into some sort of superhuman defenseman... Yeah...

Old 06-27-2022, 08:51 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
I think the Bolts might have at least one more run in them...but I do not think that means they would necessarily beat the Avs if they met again in the Finals...

Old 07-01-2022, 01:41 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Tampa will still be a legitimate threat for at least another few years if they keep their current core.

Aside from that... Toronto is the only other team I think can challenge the Avs. Avs are SCARY good.

Connor needs to take a few pages out of MacKinnon's book. Purposely took less pay to get better players on board. And overall, a much better team player, despite also being just as explosive and capable of highlight-reel goals.

And with Makar turning out into some sort of superhuman defenseman... Yeah...
I think the Blues can challenge the Avs. Blues gave them arguably their toughest series in the entire playoffs. That series completely changed when Binnington got hurt.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Happy for the Avalanche, amazing how in 2017 they finished with 48 points and fell to #4 in the draft, and yet got the best player in that draft.
Thanks, been a long 21 years it seems to me. Shortly after my wife MrsGowdog and I got married, the Avs won their second Stanley Cup. Now it took this long for them to get back there and do it again. I wasn't quite satisfied with them only getting two from their inaugural year and through the late 90s until their run ended after 2001. Those pesky Red Wings got in our way a couple of times.

Anyway, what a tough haul to the Cup this time imo; Nashville, Saint Louis, Oilers, then Lightning.

Hope this sparks the Broncos to do something like it did 25 years ago or so.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:03 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thanks, been a long 21 years it seems to me. Shortly after my wife MrsGowdog and I got married, the Avs won their second Stanley Cup. Now it took this long for them to get back there and do it again. I wasn't quite satisfied with them only getting two from their inaugural year and through the late 90s until their run ended after 2001. Those pesky Red Wings got in our way a couple of times.

Anyway, what a tough haul to the Cup this time imo; Nashville, Saint Louis, Oilers, then Lightning.

Hope this sparks the Broncos to do something like it did 25 years ago or so.
Yes, zero doubt. They played some good teams and still looked like a wrecking crew. Hard to deny they were the best team in the NHL pretty much wire-to-wire.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Yes, zero doubt. They played some good teams and still looked like a wrecking crew. Hard to deny they were the best team in the NHL pretty much wire-to-wire.
I'd agree the StL Blues were the toughest team the Avs faced.

Two things stand out to show how good this team was and their resolve, one thing was the road wins and the fact they never lost two in a row nor faced an elimination game, the other is the way the Avs won game 4 in Tampa Bay. That pivotal game prevented the Lightning from getting the upper hand when they were so close.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:03 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
It could be interesting to see how the Blues will go now then the Red Wings had signed David Perron for 2 years. https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2022/...id-perron.html

Quote:
The Detroit Red Wings added another top-six forward Wednesday on the first day of free agency, signing left wing David Perron to a two-year deal that averages $4.75 million a season.

Perron is 34 but coming off a 27-goal season, his highest output since 2013-14. He tallied 57 points in 67 games for the St. Louis Blues. He continued to produce in the playoffs with nine goals and 13 points in 12 games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey