Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins? Penguins or Red Wings?
Pens in 4 0 0%
Pens in 5 0 0%
Pens in 6 3 11.54%
Pens in 7 2 7.69%
Wings in 4 1 3.85%
Wings in 5 8 30.77%
Wings in 6 9 34.62%
Wings in 7 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmee1409 View Post
Well that would be 2 Super Bowls and a Stanley Cup in the past 4 years...how many would detriot have in that time frame?

Which is why Pittsburgh is the City of Champions!
this is a hockey thread. pittsburgh can take their super bowls and shove them. the NFL is the lowest common denominator in sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
A little bitter are we?

You want to talk about classless...lets! How about when Crosby got injured you could hear the Wings fans cheering that he was out of the game. That is classless!! How about EVERYTIME a Pens player hit a red wing player you could hear the fans booing trying to get a penalty! You didn't hear that from Mellon Arena last season.

you are just the typical cocky wings. I wouldn't be surprised if I went back to the beginning of this thread and found that you picked the wings to win in anywhere between 0-3 games!

Bettman didn't hand the Pens the cup...just another one of your excuses for your team losing! You can have hockey town....Pittsburgh is the City of Champions!!
I just wanted to see the pittsburgh penguins play the detroit redwings, not the rochester redwings of the farm league. congrats to golden boy. the NFL er NHL has a marketing tool for next year. lord knows they couldn't market a boring european puck control team. the penguins and golden boy certainly earned this cup.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
so much for hockey. pittsburgh is classless. the worst fans, and malkin is probably the biggest jerk in hockey. I think for me, hockey just went the way of the NFL, MLB, and the NBA. the NHL gift wrapped a cup for golden boy. sad. probably the worst cup finals I have ever seen. as for this statement:

um, how about moving the series up a week knowing that the wings would be without their best player and relying on their minor league team. how about malkin not getting the automatic suspension for his cheap shot on zetterberg in game 2.

no excuse for the crappy games detroit played the last two games, but face it, this cup was handed to the penguins. there is still only one hockeytown.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
1 question. if golden boy had a stubbed to and couldn't play, would the NHL have moved the series a week knowing that their meal ticket wouldn't play for 4 games?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:39 AM

103 posts, read 224,815 times
Quote:
no excuse
EVERYTHING you type is some form of an excuse! I would like you see you post just once that isn't an excuse or attacking someone or something...i really don't think you can do that.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
EVERYTHING you type is some form of an excuse! I would like you see you post just once that isn't an excuse or attacking someone or something...i really don't think you can do that.
I haven't typed a single excuse. I only type facts, and I never attack a person on the forum. I attack the thug penguins and golden boy. answer the question. if golden boy was hurt, would the NHL have moved the series up a week? it's a simple question. also, do you think that todd bertuzzi, errrr, I mean malkin should have been suspended for game 3 after his assault on zetterberg from behind? those are the NHL's rules after all. I gave the props to the penguins for the last two games, but it was the games they won against the rochester redwings that I am concerned about.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:59 AM

103 posts, read 224,815 times
I don't know why they wouldn't have moved up the series...they wanted to get a jump on the NBA so therefor they probably still would have. (yes I know all you red wing fans will flame about that but whatever).

The refs were fine in the series imo. There were things both teams did that could have come down to suspensions. it is not like Malkin had a great series...so even if he was suspended the outcome wouldn't have changed.

I never said you attacked someone on the boards...i said attack someone...meaning you trash talk about pens fans and players all the time. You don't see the pens fans attacking the red wing players or their fans.

Before you deny trashing the pens fans refer to:
Quote:
pittsburgh is classless. the worst fans

I am glad you made my point though...you really can't say something without making an excuse or attacking (trash talking) someone something.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I don't know why they wouldn't have moved up the series...they wanted to get a jump on the NBA so therefor they probably still would have. (yes I know all you red wing fans will flame about that but whatever).

The refs were fine in the series imo. There were things both teams did that could have come down to suspensions. it is not like Malkin had a great series...so even if he was suspended the outcome wouldn't have changed.

I never said you attacked someone on the boards...i said attack someone...meaning you trash talk about pens fans and players all the time. You don't see the pens fans attacking the red wing players or their fans.

I am glad you made my point though...you really can't say something without making an excuse or attacking (trash talking) someone something.
hey buddy, your team just keeps getting classier. I guess baby golden boy was cranky because he didn't get his juice box. I guess the stanley tumbler that was handed to him as a marketing ploy by the NHL wasn't enough. talk about an idiotic bunch. can't lose with class, can't win with class.

Loss, Crosby's snub leave Wings with bitter taste - Sacramento Sports - Kings, 49ers, Raiders, High School Sports | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/859/story/1944277.html - broken link)

Old 06-13-2009, 02:24 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
I need to correct some errors here. The series was going to start on a weekend because that's what NBC wanted. NBC wanted games 1,2,5,6,and 7. When they announced the later weekend start everyone started complaining. The NHL decided to move it up a week to the earlier weekend. They couldn't start the series on a Tuesday or a Wednesday becuase NBC wouldn't accept that. It was not a conspiracy against the Wings. It was just the result of an incompetent Commisioner getting a bad TV deal.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:

you didn't answer the question. would they have moved the series up if golden boy was hurt? malkin didn't have a good series huh? probably why he won the MVP. the refs sucked, but that's no excuse for detroits poor play the final two games. I am disappointed in lemieux. he was always a pretty classy guy. wonder why he allows all that trash on his teams. it's cool. pittsburgh will feel the wrath of the salary cap sooner or later. all those 1st round draft picks can't stay together forever. they certainly won't stay in pittsburgh. it's not a really good sports town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey