Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yeah - I hope the comeback drives up their compete level while breaking the kings a little

even later in the game last night it was tough watching how thornton was just giving up the puck and playing them in bad spaces .... eager was horrible last night ... wallin tried to redeem himself, but I wince everytime he's on the ice

there were moment in the 2nd though where everyon was competing hard, winning the puck battle, getting deep and maintaining the zone and there was little LA could do about it ... they need that effort for all 60 and grind out wins like they did over the past couple of months

i'm not sure whey they are trying to play so cute out there - the kings are killing them in both zones on the boards and instead of fighting through and playing stronger on the boards the sharks funnel everything through the middle where they just give up the puck anyways

very frustrating to watch .... they seem lost out there

I really hope 2nd period was the turning point
I also noticed that Joe Thornton seemed to be 'off' his game.
I have a feeling you know a lot more about the game than I do... what did you think about Murray? He seemed to struggle also and to me at least, looked like he was no where near 100% physically. Did you have the same feeling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,937,594 times
Nice series win...the Sharks were one of my picks to hold the cup this year.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times
How about them Sharks.

What a series this was!

What a stunning turn around after being down 4-0 in L.A in 2nd period.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Can this thread be merged with the other Sharks thread?
I suppose there's no sense having 2....

Old 04-26-2011, 05:11 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
How about them Sharks.

What a series this was!

What a stunning turn around after being down 4-0 in L.A in 2nd period.
I was getting a little concerned last night. The Sharks were the better team, kept taking 1 goal leads, but couldn't hold them. In fact, it was looking eerily similar to the Canucks/Blackhawks game 6....

After McGinn took that 5 minute penalty, which I thought was a really bad call under the circumstances, with the way the Sharks PK has been going, it didn't look good at all. All the time though, I just had a feeling that if they could just kill it off..they'd go on to win..little did I know Jumbo would score within a minute of the penalty expiring..

Old 04-26-2011, 05:17 PM

Would you rather play Red Wings or Blackhawks?

I also want to see Van go down like Caps did last year.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I was getting a little concerned last night. The Sharks were the better team, kept taking 1 goal leads, but couldn't hold them. In fact, it was looking eerily similar to the Canucks/Blackhawks game 6....

After McGinn took that 5 minute penalty, which I thought was a really bad call under the circumstances, with the way the Sharks PK has been going, it didn't look good at all. All the time though, I just had a feeling that if they could just kill it off..they'd go on to win..little did I know Jumbo would score within a minute of the penalty expiring..
A little surprise to see Neimi return after his bad performances. Nittimaki is pretty good.

There should be drama if Sharks play Hawks again with Neimi on Sharks.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:
A little surprise to see Neimi return after his bad performances. Nittimaki is pretty good.

There should be drama if Sharks play Hawks again with Neimi on Sharks.
Nittymaki is a good backup, but I'm glad Todd McLellan doesn't think like Alain Vigneault (though Luongo is supposed to start tonight) because you've got to stick with the guy who brought you to this point...and that man is Niemi..

I'd prefer to see them play the Blackhawks, but I think the Canucks just might win game 7..we'll see.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Nittymaki is a good backup, but I'm glad Todd McLellan doesn't think like Alain Vigneault (though Luongo is supposed to start tonight) because you've got to stick with the guy who brought you to this point...and that man is Niemi..

I'd prefer to see them play the Blackhawks, but I think the Canucks just might win game 7..we'll see.
You think its easier to beat Hawks then Wings?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You think its easier to beat Hawks then Wings?
Boy... the Hawks or the Red Wings??? Name your poison

They both deserve a ton of respect. But.... we beat Detroit last year in 5 and even though I think both teams are better this year, I think the Sharks can do it again.

I know Chicago made a lot of changes since they last met San Jose, but they still have a lot of speed and skill and give the Sharks problems.

Whoever it is, it will be one heck of a series.

But, I just read a post from another friend on another board who said that the only team he fears from the west is Chicago?! I told him that there were plenty of teams from the west that the Flyers should be concerned about if they faced them in the playoffs. And frankly, I think the West has more quality than the East! What do you folks think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey