Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,104,222 times

Advertisements

Many windows are stock sizes and you will be able to find roll-up shades or roman shades that fit. We were able to find roll up woven wood shades (some with valances) in many sizes. Because we have nice window moldings, we chose an inside mount.

We have friends who have odd sized windows and they measured and then marked their woven-wood shades and used tin-snips to carefully customize their shades to fit - it looked great.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:53 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,097,712 times
We finally placed an order for blinds from blinds.com. Yesterday the husband installed the ones we ordered. We thought we'd start with just 2 to see how we like them in our master bedroom. I'm not 100% satisfied, but I keep thinking back to how inexpensive they are compared to what I had before.

Issues... We didn't go with routeless slats and in the bedroom it seems like perhaps we should have. It adds 20% to the price tho.

One blind has a couple of extra slats & it sits nicely on the window sill. The other blind seems like it was cut shorter with no extra slats at all and it just hangs there instead of sitting on the sill.

& The biggest annoyance is that our windows aren't quite deep enough. We went with an inside mount and the hardware on the sides sticks out about an inch. I did call about this and they had me measure the sides and are sending out new valances with side returns. The CSR explained they don't list this option on the website because it would become too confusing to customers.
So next time I order he said to call and they can order the custom valances for me.

So until I get the new valances (a week or so they said) I can't order any more blinds because I want to make sure the new valances fit right.

I'm still debating on whether to call about the one blind that was cut a little short.

They have been very easy to deal with and the service is great. I am not having to pay anything extra for the valances with side returns. I have a feeling I may have to pay extra for the side return when I place my next order tho. No idea how much extra that's going to cost me. Right now with the remaining windows in my cart that I need to order I'm right around $1000.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:33 PM

50,528 posts, read 64,501,118 times
First, I have used Blinds.com online and their customer service is fantastic. I ordered the wrong size blind, and they replaced it for free, just asking that I donate the wrong one to Habitat.

About the patio door, just mount your rod above the door, so it goes about 6” past the door frame on either side. You can’t have one way draw, but I think it looks better with the drapes on either side anyway.

It is such a pity that Country Curtains in VT went out of business, because they had great problem solving window treatments, like extra wide and insulated curtains, but it seems like Vermont Country Store is carrying some of their curtains.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:59 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,353,155 times
I have insulating shades in my bedroom that can be lifted from the bottom or top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating