Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times

Advertisements

JMO. But I would get my major art piece before I painted. I would pick something with kitchen green to tie the spaces. The other colors in the painting will tell you what color to paint. Nothing worse than painting your walls some color and then you cant find any accessories to match. BTDT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM

936 posts, read 2,082,957 times
Hi,

After reviewing your recommendations and visualizing I finally picked a light earth tone/mocha/cappuchino color. I will start this weekend. I will post pics as I go along. Currently I am thinking about painting only three walls and leaving the one wall that leads to the hallway witht the current color.

Yes, we will have drapes/curtains and a rug to spice it up a little. Styles and Colors to be decided.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Please Help pick a paint color for living room that goes well with greenish kitching/family room-color.jpg  

Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I wouldn't leave the one leading into the hallway the current color because that is the wall you see while you are looking into the kitchen from the living room. The point in picking a color that compliments the kitchen is so you can see both colors while you are standing in the living room and looking into the kitchen. If that wall is left white, the appearance will remain the same as what you have now.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:32 PM

936 posts, read 2,082,957 times
Hi,
After two months of delay I finally painted the living room. It came out a little bit darker than I and my wife wanted but I think we will get used to it. Now we are looking for some curtains and after three shopping trips to Ikea, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond, we still haven't decide what color to pick out for the windows. It is too difficult. Could you please give some suggestions? In addition, right now I think we will go to Bed Bath and Beyond (for selection and quality) for our curtains but is there any other place we should try?

For the bay windows, do we add curtain for each of the three windows or do we add a large curtain on the outside covering the whole bay?

Thanks,

Last edited by jimmybirdie; 07-22-2012 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: add images

Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
I'd say lavender. But one of the shade's that is more sophisticated and neutral than "tween."

Whoops OK since the entire room's now tan/lt brown...I'd go monochromatic. My mom haates that look...but I think it is sophisticated. I'd suggest painting a few pieces of drywall or something and taking the "sample" with you to compare to curtains as you shop.

Looks nice.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 PM

354 posts, read 2,076,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybirdie View Post
For the bay windows, do we add curtain for each of the three windows or do we add a large curtain on the outside covering the whole bay?
I have a similar setup except we have a walk in Bay and our windows are a bit larger 24"x 60" on the outside with the middle being 36"x 60". What we did was added sheer curtains for each window. Then on the outside of the Bay we added some designer rod hangers for hanging/ropping our sheer scarves. With the sheer curtains we added it gave us more natural lighting.

I do notice a darkness in the room with the color choice. Are you adding can lighting to the ceilings or removing the blinds for natural lighting?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,421,375 times
Don't know if you've bought your curtains yet but look at Country Curtains.com. They've been around for years and also have a clearance section on the website. You can get a coupon on RetailMeNot sometimes for a discount or free shipping. Even if you don't order from them you can get some great ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating