Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You have a TV in your bedroom?
Yes 49 50.52%
No 48 49.48%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times

Advertisements

I do, but I'm probably going to move it into another room once I shift some furniture etc. in all the bedrooms.

We didn't have a TV in the bedroom initially, but one night I was in a bad mood and wanted to go to bed, but the Cleveland Browns were on Monday night football and I was even crankier because I wanted to go to bed AND watch the game. I went to take a shower, and by the time I got out, the TV from the kitchen had been installed in our bedroom.

Now that's a considerate husband! LOL

And then the TV just stayed ... It was supposed to be temporary, but instead the spouse just went to the thrift shop and picked up a used TV for the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Messes with your sleep and your sex life.
Huh. The TV never stopped us. Not even the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Intellectuals don't have TVs in their houses at all. We must not be intellectual because there is a TV in every room in our house.
LOL, if my spouse had had his way, we'd have had a TV in every room as well, even in the bathroom. As it is, there are TVs in two bedrooms upstairs, in the living room and kitchen, and in the basement den. Most of that came from merging two households -- I had two, he had two -- but somewhere along the line we ignored our initial plan of not replacing TVs until we were left with one or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
We have one, but rarely watch it. When I was working I had the news on in the morning while I was getting ready. Now that I'm retired I watch the news in the living room while enjoying 2 cups of coffee and THEN go get cleaned up.

Occasionally I'll go in there and watch something if Mr. Dokie is monopolizing the living room TV with something I'm not interested in. But usually when that happens I just pick up a book or a puzzle instead.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
i was going to convert a closet into a entertainment center with a TV ........ after telling a few personal friends and family off of CD I am finding out many if not most do not have a Tv in the bedroom.
We have a TV in our bedroom (I set the sleep timer for 30 minutes, and listen to whatever is on TV Land while drifting off to sleep).

But I would not recommend taking away usable space for an entertainment center. Mount a small flat screen on your wall - this will save you money and space.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
Messes with your sleep and your sex life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Huh. The TV never stopped us. Not even the Super Bowl.
But what if the Browns were in the Super Bowl?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
We have a TV in our bedroom and, stan, it doesn't affect our sleep or sex in the least bit! And no, we don't have "Skinemax or X rated DVDs going. We turn it on when we get in bed and turn it off in the morning after we wake up.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:02 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,907,661 times
i try and avoid TV or computers right before bed. I definitely sleep better when I haven't been looking at any kind of screen at least 30 minutes before sleeping.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
We have a TV in our bedroom and, stan, it doesn't affect our sleep or sex in the least bit! And no, we don't have "Skinemax or X rated DVDs going. We turn it on when we get in bed and turn it off in the morning after we wake up.
I am sure it varies from person to person.

Just talking about what the studies show.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LOL, if my spouse had had his way, we'd have had a TV in every room as well, even in the bathroom. As it is, there are TVs in two bedrooms upstairs, in the living room and kitchen, and in the basement den. Most of that came from merging two households -- I had two, he had two -- but somewhere along the line we ignored our initial plan of not replacing TVs until we were left with one or two.
When I dated my husband, I didn't even have cable. I only got two channels clearly and one was WQED. My husband always complained that I needed cable. That should have been a clue that he was a TV addict. For the past twenty years, the TV has driven me nuts because I always played music prior to moving here. My stereos were stored in the attic for years simply because they were never turned on. Fortunately, my husband started a new career about 8 years ago that requires lots of traveling. I've never been happier because I get to live MY WAY a portion of the week now. That sounds bad. I wouldn't trade him for the world. I just enjoy having a quiet, peaceful environment sometimes. The stuff he watches puzzles me too----totally mindless garbage.

As for the intellectuals, all the ones I know own one TV and they all keep it in the bedroom. That's where they watch the news at bedtime and in the morning, perhaps an occasional movie at night. Keeping it in the bedroom controls how much access the children have to the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
But what if the Browns were in the Super Bowl?
She was that appreciative of his kind gesture.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
I am sure it varies from person to person.

Just talking about what the studies show.
I could never sleep with the TV on. I'd have to have my own bedroom if I was married to someone who wanted/needed that.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
guilty, we have a TV in the bedroom.
we find it more comfortable to watch TV in bed.

Our Living room, while very pretty, is just not a comfortable room to be in. So we look at it, say its pretty, and go in the bedroom. LOL
go figure....

or most times i watch TV in the kitchen, as I always have a million things to do in there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating