Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,086,660 times

Advertisements

I bought one a few months ago and I really like it ... I have it in my living room. When I first got it I briefly thought about getting a second and using them as nightstands in the master bedroom (which is pretty large so they wouldn't be out of proportion -- each cabinet is 34" wide by 36" high).

They are on sale again dirt cheap with free shipping so I am considering buying the second one after all. But of course I am also second-guessing myself ... I mean, they are pretty unusual, so having just one is kind of appropriate, if that makes sense. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 AM

492 posts, read 638,749 times
Sure, i think they look like they were meant to be nightstands.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,576,663 times
Hi Karen!! Hmmm, I do like the stand but personally with the postage stamp on it (and BTW I noted the ENGLAND in the address - and I know you have ties there) it is somewhat unique. Two of them...not so much!! BUT, it would be in your bedroom and only a limited number of persons would see it (hmmm...you and Hansel). It is a nice size, and I do like the drawer, and the color will match your entertainment center when it gets finished. I'm just afraid that two of them would look kinda "matchy" instead of just having one of them looking rather special. Up to you though - if it suits you - it suits me!!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I think two of this novelty item is too much. I would find something of similar size and height to use for the other nightstand.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:21 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I think they would work great, size-wise, but to me they are a little too "trendy" to be happy with for the long haul. There is a reason they are on sale dirt cheap.
What would bug me is that I would want the design to be reversed on one side of the bed. If you wanted to, you could get them and later you could easily paint the drawer fronts.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 AM

1,780 posts, read 3,933,204 times
Hi, Karen!
I love that table/stand! Where are they on sale??

Decorating is usually done according to the owner's tastes. And since you like the stand, decorate away!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:25 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hi Karen!! Hmmm, I do like the stand but personally with the postage stamp on it (and BTW I noted the ENGLAND in the address - and I know you have ties there) it is somewhat unique. Two of them...not so much!! BUT, it would be in your bedroom and only a limited number of persons would see it (hmmm...you and Hansel). It is a nice size, and I do like the drawer, and the color will match your entertainment center when it gets finished. I'm just afraid that two of them would look kinda "matchy" instead of just having one of them looking rather special.
Yeah, I'm afraid of the same thing. The master bedroom actually has a huge black entertainment center -- that other one (which I have ALMOST finished "saving," but that is another thread, lol!) is in the project/sewing/etc. room.

lol, it's me and Hansel and Gretel and the other kitties (when I let them in) and my SO on the rare occasion when he is actually in the same state as me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think two of this novelty item is too much. I would find something of similar size and height to use for the other nightstand.
Yeah, I think you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think they would work great, size-wise, but to me they are a little too "trendy" to be happy with for the long haul. There is a reason they are on sale dirt cheap.
What would bug me is that I would want the design to be reversed on one side of the bed.
Honestly, that non-reversal thing would likely start to bug me too ... I know it bugs me when I see bathrooms with 2 vanities and 2 mirrored medicine cabinets and the cabinets open on the same side when they should be REVERSED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
Hi, Karen!
I love that table/stand! Where are they on sale??
It's here: Hand-Painted International Post Cabinet - Console Tables - Living Room Furniture - Furniture | HomeDecorators.com -- listed at $172.99 in their outlet, but there's another 20% off through tomorrow AND free shipping, so it's quite a deal. I got basically the same deal a few months ago when I bought mine ... I almost never buy anything from them that's not on sale with free shipping as their shipping charges are insane.

=======

Thanks to everyone who replied -- I will rep you all! (Am I the only one who does that, lol?!! I figure people who take the time to respond to my questions deserve reps! )

Old 07-14-2013, 10:51 AM

1,780 posts, read 3,933,204 times
It's here: Hand-Painted International Post Cabinet - Console Tables - Living Room Furniture - Furniture | HomeDecorators.com -- listed at $172.99 in their outlet, but there's another 20% off through tomorrow AND free shipping, so it's quite a deal. I got basically the same deal a few months ago when I bought mine ... I almost never buy anything from them that's not on sale with free shipping as their shipping charges are insane.

=======

Thanks to everyone who replied -- I will rep you all! (Am I the only one who does that, lol?!! I figure people who take the time to respond to my questions deserve reps! )[/quote]

Thank you so much!! I can use something like this and for me the appearance is attractive. Maybe not the stamping, but that can be fixed!

PS: I do the rep thing, too, usually!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 PM

213 posts, read 576,169 times
Kind of cheap of them to just stick a stamp on them and mail them off without boxing them up first. lol :-)

They are kind of neat.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,746,570 times
I agree, it's adorable, and would make a lovely nightstand, but I'm not sure I'd like a pair of them flanking a bed. Might be a little too matchy-matchy. (Two of the same nightstand without the stamp/postage marks would't make me feel it was too matchy-matchy.)

If they had a few versions of this piece, with slightly different postage markings, I'd like the idea better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating