Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 09:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Very cool, K
Just call me Domestic Goddess.

Thanks by the way - I know pillowcases aren't earth shattering, but it was a fun project and it got us out of the heat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 06:17 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Very pretty, DG.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:22 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I tried to make my kitchen more summer like, going outside the box with yellow, as I never had yellow before.

I bought yellow seat cushions, and today, unfortunately, one of the buttons that hold the fabric together was broke, so might have to return to amazon.

The plaques for the wall looked kinda nice, but when I got them here the flowers were too "frilly" and the white wood didn't look good, but I had liked the lemons that were in them, as I also bought fake lemons and put them in this bowl I bought. I guess I was feeling kind of "lemon-ly" this summer. ugh!

So I sanded the whiteness off and re stained them a dark wood as to match my wood floor, then varnished them and put some plain ivy that I had in the apartment. I think it looked better than the "frilly" flowers that came with it.

While collecting these pictures together into one file to show here, I was wondering why in the picture the jars were almost even with the bottom of the plaques, but yet on my wall the jars hang lower????.

Studying that, I realized that when I screwed the pretty iron brackets back on, I put them upside down. I'm frightened now, was I having a dyslexic moment?

Needless to say, I think I like it this way because I can see the scroll work of the iron, as opposed to the way it came, where the flowers cover it. Anyway, when I have a moment, I can unscrew, and re-screw the other way and see what I like better.

I am dis-appointed in the cushions, I only just got them last week and already one of the buttons popped..
sigh....

PS: Amazon is the best thing ever invented.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-kitcehn-original-jars-1.jpg   What are you working on now?-kitcehn-original-jars-2.jpg   What are you working on now?-kitchen-original-jars-3.jpg   What are you working on now?-kitcehn-refinished-jars-1.jpg   What are you working on now?-kitcehn-refinished-jars-2.jpg  

Last edited by nightcrawler; 07-29-2018 at 06:59 PM..

Old 07-29-2018, 06:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Nightcrawler, your kitchen looks cute as heck. Whatever you did "wrong," I like it.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:23 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I tried to make my kitchen more summer like, going outside the box with yellow, as I never had yellow before.

I bought yellow seat cushions, and today, unfortunately, one of the buttons that hold the fabric together was broke, so might have to return to amazon.

The plaques for the wall looked kinda nice, but when I got them here the flowers were too "frilly" and the white wood didn't look good, but I had liked the lemons that were in them, as I also bought fake lemons and put them in this bowl I bought. I guess I was feeling kind of "lemon-ly" this summer. ugh!

So I sanded the whiteness off and re stained them a dark wood as to match my wood floor, then varnished them and put some plain ivy that I had in the apartment. I think it looked better than the "frilly" flowers that came with it.

While collecting these pictures together into one file to show here, I was wondering why in the picture the jars were almost even with the bottom of the plaques, but yet on my wall the jars hang lower????.

Studying that, I realized that when I screwed the pretty iron brackets back on, I put them upside down. I'm frightened now, was I having a dyslexic moment?

Needless to say, I think I like it this way because I can see the scroll work of the iron, as opposed to the way it came, where the flowers cover it. Anyway, when I have a moment, I can unscrew, and re-screw the other way and see what I like better.

I am dis-appointed in the cushions, I only just got them last week and already one of the buttons popped..
sigh....

PS: Amazon is the best thing ever invented.

Love it!

Old 07-29-2018, 10:46 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,779,656 times
Great job! And it all ties in with the bee on top of the fridge!

Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 PM

^^^
^^
^

thank you all for the nice words, everyone, I appreciate it.

OMG, yes, the bumble bee, I forgot about that.....
its actually a tea pot, the head comes off...

Old 07-30-2018, 10:50 PM

Oh! I thought it was a cookie jar. Very cute!

Old 07-31-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Oh! I thought it was a cookie jar. Very cute!

oh, I guess it could be, good idea

but it does have a spout....but you know if i used it, somehow it would drop and break, i can see the whole scenario already

Old 07-31-2018, 01:49 PM

And that is precisely why my favorite teapots are safely living in a china cabinet! It's so perfect for the space it would be a pity to have it get damaged. Beauty and cuteness are their own reward so I think it should just continue to occupy the place of honor on the fridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating