Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 06:49 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,069,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
I am helping to remodel an 1861 farmhouse on the river. Finished walls and ceiling and now working on the floor.
I love it the yellow is such a nice sight so tired of gray. It looks beautiful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 04:54 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,287,006 times
My living room & dining room are a mess right now. Next weekend it is supposed to rain so I opted to have my annual yard sale this weekend. I got a late start on working on it so I have been busting my butt to get it up and running this Friday. I feel like I could use ONE MORE DAY but it will all come together.

As I bring a box down and bring it out on the porch, I hope that I will NOT bring it back in or back upstairs. Sunday, I will probably just collapse and not worry about putting what doesn't sell away. Then next week, I will work on "the inventory room. With less crap...er...stuff going back in, I should be able to organize it so it is easier to find things.

Cat

Old 09-08-2021, 08:54 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Here's the final product! Very happy with it
Very Nice.
Looks like they did a great job...

Old 09-09-2021, 07:01 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,327,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Here's the final product! Very happy with it

Definitely an improvement! Glad it all worked out for you!

Old 09-10-2021, 06:54 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Thanks everyone. Our first big project. We've put the concrete on hold and will paint the house next.

Next year is bathroom remodels

Old 09-11-2021, 07:08 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My living room & dining room are a mess right now. Next weekend it is supposed to rain so I opted to have my annual yard sale this weekend. I got a late start on working on it so I have been busting my butt to get it up and running this Friday. I feel like I could use ONE MORE DAY but it will all come together.

As I bring a box down and bring it out on the porch, I hope that I will NOT bring it back in or back upstairs. Sunday, I will probably just collapse and not worry about putting what doesn't sell away. Then next week, I will work on "the inventory room. With less crap...er...stuff going back in, I should be able to organize it so it is easier to find things.

Cat
How did it go?

Old 09-11-2021, 07:22 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
We are between indoor projects now.. next will be the master bedroom floor.

Right now, we are redoing the flower beds in front of the front door. It’s a freakish nightmare of old roots over 30 years of buried garden fabric. It takes us 70+ year old geezers. a long time to navigate through it.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:30 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,287,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
How did it go?
It didn't. Thursday afternoon, I kept looking at the weather report and it didn't look promising. So, I decided to move it until NEXT weekend (when I had originally planned on having it in the first place) since the weather said that it was looking nice. Yesterday, about 1, the rain came down. I'm glad that I postponed it. This gives me more time to work on it and get more crap...er...stuff to go.

However, looking at the weather report for next weekend isn't looking too good now. It looked great last week but now... I just hope it changes before next weekend. If not...I don't know what. I really don't want to wait another week...or two.

Cat

Old 09-11-2021, 03:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Whew, I've been fall decorating and here are some of the results:

The third photo I call "Walking Man" and it's a small original water color I found in a junk shop for about $2. Every time I see it, I hear James Taylor's song Walking Man playing. Here you go - one of my all time favorites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKF8IzBmp74\

Moving in silent desperation
Keeping an eye on the Holy Land
A hypothetical destination
Say, who is this walking man?

Well, the leaves have come to turning
And the goose has gone to fly
And bridges are for burning
So don't you let that yearning
Pass you by

Walking man
The walking man walks
Well, any other man stops and talks
But the walking man walks

Well the frost is on the pumpkin
And the hay is in the barn
And pappy's come to rambling on
Stumbling around drunk
Down on the farm

And the walking man walks
He doesn't know nothing at all
Any other man stops and talks
But the walking man walks on by
Walk on by

Most everybody's got seed to sow
It ain't always easy for a weed to grow, no, no
So he don't hoe the row for no one

For sure one's always missing
And something is never quite right
Ah, but who would want to listen to you
Kissing his existence good night

Walking man, walk on by my door
Well, any other man stops and talks
But not the walking man
He's the walking man
Born to walk
Walk on walking man
Well now, would he have wings to fly
Oh, would he be free?
Golden wings against the sky
Walking man, walk on by
So long, walking man, so long
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-candles-piano.jpg   What are you working on now?-living-room-fall.jpg   What are you working on now?-walking-man.jpg  

Old 09-13-2021, 07:06 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
KA-I need to fly you to Denver to do my decorating LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating